Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

DANG! I messed up...

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2011, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I went to buy some tickets for tonights drawing...I bought 2 (two) QP's at the counter and they printed off on seperate tickets instead of on one like I usually get....So I put my ticket in my pocket and now that I looked I only have one ticket with one QP for tonights MM on it!  I've walked back thru the parking lot and the store and looked in the car but It's gone......I think if someone wins MM tonight and the ticket is from that store I might PUKE myself to death.Puke

At least I have my tickets with my usual numbers and my 1 QP so maybe that will carry the day!  Good Luck to everyone tonight....

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2011, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

well there is 1 thing going fore you, the incredible odds against that ticket winnig. but having said that, now you have lost the tickets its almost certain it will win

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2011, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

well there is 1 thing going fore you, the incredible odds against that ticket winnig. but having said that, now you have lost the tickets its almost certain it will win

That was cold.

But funny.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #26330
        November 16, 2005
        330 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2011, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

True rdgrnr....but it's probably the truth.  Of the tickets I have bought the one I DON"T have will probably win tonight!  That would be crazy......But if it happens it happens nothing I can really do about it now.

It's good to have you back at LP rdgrnr!  Missed having you around and reading your posts......

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2011, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

True rdgrnr....but it's probably the truth.  Of the tickets I have bought the one I DON"T have will probably win tonight!  That would be crazy......But if it happens it happens nothing I can really do about it now.

It's good to have you back at LP rdgrnr!  Missed having you around and reading your posts......

Thanks petergrfn, glad to be back.

Btw, I would call them before the drawing and inform them just in case. Give them the numbers on the ticket and tell them you lost the one before or the one after. Store cameras could verify it if it came to that. 

Wouldn't hurt and you might be kicking yourself later if you don't.

I know all about the bearer instrument angle and who signs it and all that but like I say, it's worth a shot.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #26330
            November 16, 2005
            330 Posts
            Posted: March 18, 2011, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

That's a good idea...but i was buying a couple of QP's the computer generated tickets...i don't really remember the set of numbers on the ticket...I saw the MegaBall was 40 though....and sadly this is a small kinda family grocery store I bought it at..so I think they may have one surveillance camera and it's pointed at the cash register not the lotto machine so.....I'm SPIT out of luck!  LOL........

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40377 Posts
              Posted: March 18, 2011, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I went to buy some tickets for tonights drawing...I bought 2 (two) QP's at the counter and they printed off on seperate tickets instead of on one like I usually get....So I put my ticket in my pocket and now that I looked I only have one ticket with one QP for tonights MM on it!  I've walked back thru the parking lot and the store and looked in the car but It's gone......I think if someone wins MM tonight and the ticket is from that store I might PUKE myself to death.Puke

At least I have my tickets with my usual numbers and my 1 QP so maybe that will carry the day!  Good Luck to everyone tonight....

YIKES, I would be sick also, but I keep my tickets in a little case the store gave me, hold the bet slips and money, or you could use a envelope.

I hope your ticket you have wins you something.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Los Angeles, CA
                United States
                Member #97910
                September 26, 2010
                278 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2011, 2:00 am - IP Logged

The same exact thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago (except they were P5 tickets), I even made a thread about it too lol. Luckily for me there were no winners that night

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: March 19, 2011, 2:59 am - IP Logged

well looks like you are saved the ticket didnt win the pot. and as you dont know the numbers you cant say it won anything.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: March 19, 2011, 3:18 am - IP Logged

Just like savagegoose said...

It's like saying....DANG!.....I could've been struck by a meteorite because i turned left at Albuquerque...lol

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49699 Posts
                      Posted: March 19, 2011, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Before the Drawing: Treat All Tickets: As If They Were Winners!

Gamble Responsibly: Safeguard Your Tickets: Claim Any and All Prize Money in a Timely Manner!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: March 19, 2011, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

You may not know if your missing ticket won anything, but the lottery will know. If the store sold a 250k or 10k winner you'll almost certainly know, and in that case it would be worth checking with the lottery office. The ticket you do have is fairly good proof that you're the owner of the missing ticket, so it's just a matter of what the policy is in your state. If they require the ticket and nobody else brings it to them you could be SOL, but if somebody else brings it to them it's still your ticket.