Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Pot Of Gold Club

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2011, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

The other day I received a letter in the mail for The Pot Of Gold Club.

Basically it's a couple trying to form a pool of 500 people from any states to play PB or MM or both.

They say they will only play when the jackpot is over $100 million and they're really hoping to hit 5 + 0 and split it.

I see a couple of flaws here and think they really didn't consider a few things, like who is going to pay the tax.

Part of their pitch is that they are not selling tickets, they are selling membership in a club.

They are in NY so I don't know about remaining anonymous, but I think on top of considering taxes they'd be in for quite a sticky wicket when winners turned up from different states.

This could be an attempted scam- membership is suppossed to freeze at 500, but I think this was just a couple of very naieve people not really thinking things through.

If you get this letter it is from "Marla's Promise".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: March 19, 2011, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Type thanks 4 the heads up ..... thars a special place in heck for these people

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2011, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to join that club right after the deposed King of Nigeria puts that 9 million dollars in my bank account.

Should be any day now.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40609 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2011, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

YIKES, RUN FAST IT'S A SCAM,

By the way I'm starting a club...hehehehehehehehe.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Jack-C's avatar - us
          San Diego, CA
          United States
          Member #61467
          May 24, 2008
          28146 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2011, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to join that club right after the deposed King of Nigeria puts that 9 million dollars in my bank account.

Should be any day now.

Me, too!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2011, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Years ago before MegaMillions and PowerBall came to Ohio I got those kinds of letters for six months every time I ordered lottery magazines from Publisher Clearing House.  I think they made up mailing lists based on their subscribers interests and sold them.  I even got telephone calls from people in Florida and New York asking me to join their lottery pools. 

Most of those pool scams probably worked the same way, you sent money regularly, they supposedly picked and played numbers regularly and if you won anything they would let you know.

Sounds as dumb as those chain letter scams where you were expected to send money to a person who sent you a letter asking for money after making 10 copies to send to other people.  If you couldn't think of anyone then they had the address of someone who would sell you a list of 10 names for $25.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2011, 3:46 am - IP Logged

post a copy to your states consumer affairs office.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297