Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 10:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jut found this site and love it.

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
cwcwpa's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #88424
March 15, 2010
5 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2011, 4:54 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone I just found this site through google search, I play a lot of scratch offs usually $2, $3 and $5 tickets. My husband plays the $10's and $20's he has won $1000  times in the past month one on  money money and one on  cash fever. I will have to check the claim form for the ticket number. I had 1 big win about 3 years ago I won $3000 on a $3.00 bonus crossword. The new Phillies $5 tickets seem to be really bad right now. I have bought 4 at a time several days in a row at different stores and every single one has been a loser. Maybe I will have luck in the second chance drawing. I usually always get winners on monopoly $5.00. 

Now that I have found this forum I will post what I win and the ticket number it was on. Does anyone know if there is a set amount of money in each given ticket pack? My husband wanted to buy a pack of $10's or $20's because he hit the big four but I don't think it's going to give him a big win. Thanks CWCWPA

P.S. I also never won on #22 lol

FL
    United States
    Member #104946
    January 22, 2011
    105 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2011, 7:10 am - IP Logged

Welcome cwcwpa,   You must be in the right spot, getting some wins, you know what they say, it's location location location.

In Florida, there is not a set payback in a roll of tickets, but it's different for each state.  We have seen a 600.00 roll pay only 200.00.

The big winner could be about anywhere, I believe the thing to remember is that there are millions of tickets, hundreds of thousands of rolls and only single digit or 10's of big winners.  You truly have to be very very lucky,  even the $1000 are going to quite rare maybe averaging 1 in every 30 to 50 rolls.

On the location, I'm really seeing a heavy concentration of wins in the cities, here I'm close to Tampa and Orlando but not in either and I wonder if there are big wins where I'm at without venturing to the more densely populated city area.  Although we do see 1K and 10K wins, I can't remember and haven't seen or heard of anything more than that.  I also watch the 2nd chance drawings and it's loaded with Tampa/Orlando.

I also mapped out the recent Lucky 7 raffle in Michigan and a high percentage of wins came from in Detroit or in the suburds surrounding the downtown area.  Being in Philly may increase your chances, this city thing could just be the volume of sales though, if more people concentrated there and more rolls sold that 's where more winners turn up.   I imagine people buy on the way to and from work too so they may have won at a store in the city but live just outside.

Happy hunting and good Luck!!!

Philadelphia, PA
      United States
      Member #88424
      March 15, 2010
      5 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2011, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Hi Yes this site is great I played 4 $5.00 tickets here yesterday called winner takes all # 15 was a loser #16 had the take all number which was win all prizes on the scratch off but that was in a way disappointing because it was $5.00 under each spot total win was $60.00 which don't get me wrong I am very happy to win but you would think if you won on the special feature spot it would be a really big win. A few days ago I picked up 2 tickets at Citgo and 2 from a machine at a local Acme  they were numbers 42 and 43 then machine gave me 43 and 44 well both tickets #43 were winners 1 for $24 and 1 for $50. So it's been a lucky week. Winner takes all tickets still have a lot of winners I check out the pa lottery site for remaining prizes before I go and buy. Have a lucky week. ColeenBig Grin Angel

"some say 666 is the number for the devil, for me it's the day and year I was born I have won playing 666 everytime it has come out so play it if you dare"Evil Smile

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
        Harrison Township Michigan
        United States
        Member #90088
        April 21, 2010
        4265 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2011, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post cwcwpa. 

Good Luck to you!

Cutla$$Bob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1873 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Welcome! Congrats on your wins. I have not had the best experience with the PA Lottery lately - seems there are a lot of losers out there, too. How many tickets do you buy per day? I try to limit it, but I'm thinking maybe attacking (getting many consecutive tickets in) a roll might change my luck.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #99032
            October 18, 2010
            1439 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2011, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Welcome! Congrats on your wins. I have not had the best experience with the PA Lottery lately - seems there are a lot of losers out there, too. How many tickets do you buy per day? I try to limit it, but I'm thinking maybe attacking (getting many consecutive tickets in) a roll might change my luck.

Wouldn't suggest that.

SOMETIMES it works out, most of the time you end up getting a few small wins but lots of losers.  Even if you pick up a 50 dollar or 100 dollar win, you're likely to have already spent it with that method.  My "preferred" method is to ask the clerk if he likes any and if he doesn't just pick up like 2 $2 bingos or something.

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1873 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2011, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Most of the time I do avoid it for that reason, Boney. But maybe it would help be decide whether to try different stores or not if I did it a few times. Just a little change from my usual strategy.

uprrman's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                harvard,il
                United States
                Member #96756
                September 4, 2010
                2546 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2011, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone I just found this site through google search, I play a lot of scratch offs usually $2, $3 and $5 tickets. My husband plays the $10's and $20's he has won $1000  times in the past month one on  money money and one on  cash fever. I will have to check the claim form for the ticket number. I had 1 big win about 3 years ago I won $3000 on a $3.00 bonus crossword. The new Phillies $5 tickets seem to be really bad right now. I have bought 4 at a time several days in a row at different stores and every single one has been a loser. Maybe I will have luck in the second chance drawing. I usually always get winners on monopoly $5.00. 

Now that I have found this forum I will post what I win and the ticket number it was on. Does anyone know if there is a set amount of money in each given ticket pack? My husband wanted to buy a pack of $10's or $20's because he hit the big four but I don't think it's going to give him a big win. Thanks CWCWPA

P.S. I also never won on #22 lol

i never won on ticket #22 either. rick

i want to be a millionaire a second time!

Philadelphia, PA
                  United States
                  Member #88424
                  March 15, 2010
                  5 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2011, 11:11 am - IP Logged

I usually buy eithor 4 $5 tickets and if I recoup my money plus some I will go and buy a few more. If I hit for more than $60 I stop for a day  or so. I really love playing the goldbar crossword $3 tickets since the new edition came out I have had 1 ticket that had all goldbars in the bonus section and won $100. There are 2 stores in my area of Northeast Philadelphia that seem to be "Lucky" stores especially one near Frankford ave and Cottman ave, everytime I go in there they have another photo copy of a big winner, atleast 6 per month . But sadly none have been mine. Maybe next time I go there it will be my turn.

Also my husband got a $20 ticket this a.m. out of a machine and guess what number it was ? #22 not a winner.

Husband just came in from the store and told me a woman just got a big winner at our shop-rite it was $50.00 a week for life. I told him  he should have rubbed her head for luck. lol  Big Smile

"some say 666 is the number for the devil, for me it's the day and year I was born I have won playing 666 everytime it has come out so play it if you dare"Evil Smile

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1873 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2011, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I usually buy eithor 4 $5 tickets and if I recoup my money plus some I will go and buy a few more. If I hit for more than $60 I stop for a day  or so. I really love playing the goldbar crossword $3 tickets since the new edition came out I have had 1 ticket that had all goldbars in the bonus section and won $100. There are 2 stores in my area of Northeast Philadelphia that seem to be "Lucky" stores especially one near Frankford ave and Cottman ave, everytime I go in there they have another photo copy of a big winner, atleast 6 per month . But sadly none have been mine. Maybe next time I go there it will be my turn.

Also my husband got a $20 ticket this a.m. out of a machine and guess what number it was ? #22 not a winner.

Husband just came in from the store and told me a woman just got a big winner at our shop-rite it was $50.00 a week for life. I told him  he should have rubbed her head for luck. lol  Big Smile

Hi again! I have won on #022, but not a lot. LotteryPost member dr65 also dislikes that number, but she won $500 on Cash Fever with the number being #022. Ever since then, she's looked at it with less dread. Yes, there seem to really be "lucky stores" - there's a gas station about 10 miles from me that sold a grand prize on the $2 win for life game. I tried it once and only got one winner for $4. But if I'm back there, I'll try it again. It's close to Norristown.