Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For those who have bought a full roll of scratch offs...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by TheOtherOne.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
Nashville, TN
United States
Member #86739
February 9, 2010
483 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2011, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Did you have to first buy out the remainder of the existing tickets, or did they clerk/owner let you go straight to the new pack?

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95879
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2011, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Did you have to first buy out the remainder of the existing tickets, or did they clerk/owner let you go straight to the new pack?

Usually the retailer will just sell you a whole new roll. No need to have to purchase the remaining part of an existing roll.

Just curious, why did you think you might have to buy part of an existing roll first?

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2011, 10:15 am - IP Logged

When I bought a book several years back I requested the roll in advance.  (Called the store to make sure they had the book I wanted and told them I would be coming down to purchase it)  It's pointless to just show up and request a roll that they may not have in stock.  Also, it gives the store some notice so they don't have to rush to find a book.  Calling ahead makes for a MUCH easier transaction.  Though be prepared for a lot of interesting (OMG he or she is an addict) looks from other customers.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Nashville, TN
        United States
        Member #86739
        February 9, 2010
        483 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2011, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Usually the retailer will just sell you a whole new roll. No need to have to purchase the remaining part of an existing roll.

Just curious, why did you think you might have to buy part of an existing roll first?

I am not sure why i always had this notion...I guess just for inventory purposes on the stores part. Meaning maybe they could not go to the next roll until the current roll was finished.

Overall though I try not to think of doing this too much; I lose enough on buying a few scrach offs here and there; I cant imagine how unlucky I'd be with an entire roll.

But the idea of calling ahead makes total sense and is a great recommendation. one of these days when I get the funds to do it I will let the owner of the store know, and I would most likely by it from a store I frequent a lot.

Thank you both!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
          The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2011, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

I am not sure why i always had this notion...I guess just for inventory purposes on the stores part. Meaning maybe they could not go to the next roll until the current roll was finished.

Overall though I try not to think of doing this too much; I lose enough on buying a few scrach offs here and there; I cant imagine how unlucky I'd be with an entire roll.

But the idea of calling ahead makes total sense and is a great recommendation. one of these days when I get the funds to do it I will let the owner of the store know, and I would most likely by it from a store I frequent a lot.

Thank you both!

Gotcha... The reason I was asking, is because I wasnt sure if some states had different rules than us here in FL regarding book/roll purchases. Like said above, if you do plan on buying a roll it may be good to call ahead to make sure they have the one you want. I tried to buy a roll at 2 separate stores a couple weeks ago and neither of them had the roll I wanted.

Nashville, TN
            United States
            Member #86739
            February 9, 2010
            483 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2011, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Gotcha... The reason I was asking, is because I wasnt sure if some states had different rules than us here in FL regarding book/roll purchases. Like said above, if you do plan on buying a roll it may be good to call ahead to make sure they have the one you want. I tried to buy a roll at 2 separate stores a couple weeks ago and neither of them had the roll I wanted.

If TN has any wierd rules for buying the books I am not aware of them. Maybe I will ask a retailer how it works.

I have never known of anyone buying a full roll in TN, not even on the boards here so its hard to say.