Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick Picks

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Do you have your QPs Individual or Strips?

Individual (printed separate) [ 2 ]  [13.33%]
Strips (multiple picks/print) [ 13 ]  [86.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 15 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Savwa's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
Mesa, Arizona
United States
Member #108195
March 22, 2011
12 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2011, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Whats your theory on how these numbers get chosen:

Are individually printed quick picks generated more from the network?

Are quick picks that are generated together affected by the other numbers generated on the same print?

Does this question make sense?

I suppose im asking if you have $7 to spend on quick picks, what effect on the numbers will having the clerk print them Separately vs. all on 1 ticket have on the numbers generated?

Maybe if I put it this way...

If the Albany 7 had their tickets printed individually, do you still think the system would have generated the winning ticket in their batch of numbers?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10355 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2011, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it matters one bit.

I've played a lot of quick picks and quick picks mixed with self-picks on the same playslip and the only thing I've noticed is that very often the last number matches on both.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2011, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

All things being equal, it don't make no never mind.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2011, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Get your quick picks from the Lottery Post RNG and you can get them 1 at a time or up to 50 at a time, your choice.

If you see a line you don't like, you don't have to take it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2011, 12:56 am - IP Logged

It's hard enough trying to figure the numbers out...lol

It'd be too much for me to start decoding how the terminal picks numbers based on how the betslips are presented....lol

Bang Head

I've got enough on my plate already....Thud

Savwa's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
            Mesa, Arizona
            United States
            Member #108195
            March 22, 2011
            12 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2011, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Get your quick picks from the Lottery Post RNG and you can get them 1 at a time or up to 50 at a time, your choice.

If you see a line you don't like, you don't have to take it.

I like to generate my own quick picks which makes them more like self picks.

I do like playing the part of being in a group, so I will pretend im in a group and buy a multidraw ticket, just incase....it would be nice if my imaginary group won.

and ...

An odd thing happened at the terminal yesterday:

I self picked some of the families favorite random numbers on one line for powerballs draw on Wednesday and I noticed later that it was randomly generated on my megamillions as a quick pick, only difference in the picks was the bonus ball...how odd is that?

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49835 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2011, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

I like to generate my own quick picks which makes them more like self picks.

I do like playing the part of being in a group, so I will pretend im in a group and buy a multidraw ticket, just incase....it would be nice if my imaginary group won.

and ...

An odd thing happened at the terminal yesterday:

I self picked some of the families favorite random numbers on one line for powerballs draw on Wednesday and I noticed later that it was randomly generated on my megamillions as a quick pick, only difference in the picks was the bonus ball...how odd is that?

It may be a Sign from the Lottery Gods! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rukiafae's avatar - box
                NC
                United States
                Member #100192
                November 7, 2010
                125 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2011, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

i usually do separate, but if the clerk forgets (i usually forget to say anything unless they ask, they know me and how i play) i dont care if its one one slip.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7325 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2011, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Whats your theory on how these numbers get chosen:

Are individually printed quick picks generated more from the network?

Are quick picks that are generated together affected by the other numbers generated on the same print?

Does this question make sense?

I suppose im asking if you have $7 to spend on quick picks, what effect on the numbers will having the clerk print them Separately vs. all on 1 ticket have on the numbers generated?

Maybe if I put it this way...

If the Albany 7 had their tickets printed individually, do you still think the system would have generated the winning ticket in their batch of numbers?

I was told by clerk the machine generates a group of RNG lines and distributes them in order until the last line is used and a new group is generated. If this is true, you would get the same next 10 QPs by either buying 10 individual tickets or all 10 on the same ticket.