Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is the best lottery wheel to buy?

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Domeman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Pa
United States
Member #63692
August 5, 2008
83 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2011, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Hello all. My freinds and I are putting a pool of 20 people together to buy 2000 lottery tickets for a cash 5 drawing which has 40 numbers. Any suggestion on which wheel program to buy. I definitely need one with filters. Thanks.Smile

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7344 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2011, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Hello all. My freinds and I are putting a pool of 20 people together to buy 2000 lottery tickets for a cash 5 drawing which has 40 numbers. Any suggestion on which wheel program to buy. I definitely need one with filters. Thanks.Smile

I'm assuming you're talking about New Jersey's Cash 5 and if you are, I see a couple problems you may have looking for the right wheel.

A full 14 number wheel has 2002 combos but you're only getting a 35% number coverage. The 4 number matches are averaging about $600 so you'll see a nice profit by matching 4 numbers. However since a 3 number match averages about $12 and no 2 number match payoff, you'll have to match at least 4 numbers to avoid a huge loss.

The other problem might not seem a big problem until you try to do it. You'll need to accurately fill out 400 playslips and carefully watch the clerk run them. Don't know how long it would take but it's not as easy as it seems.

"I definitely need one with filters."

Lottery Director has a free wheeling program with just about every filter you can come up with. You're filters will need to be pretty accurate filtering 658,008 combos down to 2000.

Good luck!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3114 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2011, 5:20 am - IP Logged

CoverMaster makes a 47% (40,5,4,5)=2000 wheel in about ten minutes.   Let it optimize over night and you might reach 50%.  That means a 50% chance of a 4 number win each time you play, and of course you can always win better.  When you filter a full wheel down to 2000 tickets, you have to be correct with each and every filter or you filter away the winning ticket.    BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19903 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2011, 6:27 am - IP Logged

CoverMasters can make any kind of wheel you want.  If you're play all 40 numbers, then the wheel become the combinations you're playing.  Just be prepared to have your computer tied up for a couple of days plus you'll want to run a couple of simulations before committing $2000 to the project. 

Before I retired, 49 of my co-workers and I put together $500 to play Ohio Super Lotto.  I ran several simulations which didn't show us winning but not losing the whole $500.  The night before the drawing, two of us spent the evening making out 50 play slips (play slips had 10 boards in those days) from a computer list of 500 lines and took them to two different retailer the next day to play so as not to bring attention to ourselves in case we won the jackpot.  We gave a copy of the list to each pool members and waited for the drawing.  As it turned out, some of us had done better with a $10 ticket than we did with those 50 tickets, we only had a couple of match3's.   Good luck to you guys!!

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Pa
          United States
          Member #63692
          August 5, 2008
          83 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2011, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the replies. And yes, this will be quite an operation. I have a partner to split the chores with. We plan on 3 hours to work the numbers, 8 hours to fill out the playslips and 6 hours to buy the tickets. 17 hours total. We plan on working through the night. I won't be able to pick the numbers till I see the draw numbers AFTER the pot goes to at least $500,000. So it will be like waiting for a signal to "Start the mission". It'll be a lot of work but it's gonna be a rush. I looked at those wheels you mentioned and the programs seem a little confusing. Is there one I can just buy at a reasonable cost that is simple to run? Thanks again.

Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3114 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2011, 5:03 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't invest that kind of money if the software I planned to use was still confusing to me.  I would want to be winning on paper often enough to make the shot worth taking.   All software has a learning curve, part of that curve is determining if its predictions are capable of winning, that includes filter prediction as well as number prediction which you shouldn't need playing ALL the numbers.   You may save a hundred on the price of the software and that has you playing 2000 lines instead of 200, something to think about.  Look over the demos of Expert Lotto, Lottery Director and Lotwin, Lottohat, do a search for filtering software, the further down you can take it in practice and still have a jackpot in there is a good sign. 

CoverMaster

Pool = 40
            Pick = 5
            Match = 4
            Hits = 5
            [Start][Timed Random Search][1 sec][Max Tickets 2000](type in 2000 with the 1 in there 20001 then backspace over the 1)[Start][Go take a nap][Finished]

Drop down menu Tools, Optimizer [Start] Let run overnight [Finished] Drop down menu Files, Print or save to a file, Print.

BobP

Pa
              United States
              Member #63692
              August 5, 2008
              83 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2011, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Bob I have your e-book. When I try to download covermaster it says application not found. Any advice on how to download covermaster? Thanks. Also I won't be playing ALL the numbers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19903 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2011, 9:44 am - IP Logged

Bob I have your e-book. When I try to download covermaster it says application not found. Any advice on how to download covermaster? Thanks. Also I won't be playing ALL the numbers.

You can go to Bob's website "Lotto Logix" which has a link to a website to download a copy of CoverMaster.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Pa
                  United States
                  Member #63692
                  August 5, 2008
                  83 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2011, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I'm looking at Wheel generator over in Greece. There's a new version just released in March 2011. They say it holds several records. Any thoughts?

Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3114 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2011, 5:09 am - IP Logged

We're talking the zip right, not the manual pdf?

Did you try right clicking on it and selecting "Save Target As"? 

I just went and tried it, both ways, click and right click, it worked fine. 

You might try a free third party downloader like Orbit.  Orbit is interesting because it can download flash videos and flash swf file games. 

If that doesn't work send me an email, put CoverMaster in the subject line.

BobP

Pa
                      United States
                      Member #63692
                      August 5, 2008
                      83 Posts
                      Posted: April 11, 2011, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Gail Howard offers a full wheel with programmable filters which looks appealing to me. She also offers a balanced wheel but not an abbreviated wheel. Whats the difference between balanced and abbreviated? Thanks

lakerben's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                        New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86099
                        January 29, 2010
                        11167 Posts
                        Posted: May 8, 2011, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Gail Howards site has different wheels and they offer free upgrades.  Nice!

Sun Smiley

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          42185 Posts
                          Posted: May 12, 2011, 7:08 am - IP Logged

I like the wheels we have here, I had a little luck with the fantasy 5 , using the wheel here.

HyperBe Happy.

CT
                            United States
                            Member #60059
                            April 4, 2008
                            886 Posts
                            Posted: May 12, 2011, 8:31 am - IP Logged

The main flaw with wheels is you have to pick X numbers to use for the wheels.

You input the wrong numbers any type of wheel is not going to help.

Luck be with you!!!

NOTE: All numbers posted are BOXED and unless otherwise noted.