Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dont You Think: To the State Lottery...

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Maggie-Nolia.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2011, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Since you are letting lottery money go to education since you are going at it, is better to take the lottery education money and help underpriveledge people go to college as opposed to just sponsoring people with the highest school score with a scolarship...People with the highest grades can fend for themselves, they dont need extra assistance...dont know your experience but in my experience the kid with the highest grade in the school or classroom had both parents or was well off...

many problems in the world occur because someone is not educated or ignorant not because someone who has a high grade cant stay in school...

thats better or use the lottery money to help people with poor grades in college find a job...but not take care of someone with a high grades in school/college because they dont have to work to pay for school/college...plus you already guaranteed a job once you have good grades, so why take care of them while in college...

or help underpriveledge kids get a good education...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2011, 4:20 am - IP Logged

by this i mean:

thats better or use the lottery money to help people with poor grades in college find a job....

after they graduate...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      22968 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2011, 5:17 am - IP Logged

Another cover up method to mask the main reason the lottery exists: to make money. Does not matter

much where the money is going, just so it can be said that part of the money is going to a good cause.

Is the cause doing any good? Yes and no.

Throwing more money at a problem doesn't make it better..it just makes it harder to see and take longer

to realize.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7322 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2011, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Since you are letting lottery money go to education since you are going at it, is better to take the lottery education money and help underpriveledge people go to college as opposed to just sponsoring people with the highest school score with a scolarship...People with the highest grades can fend for themselves, they dont need extra assistance...dont know your experience but in my experience the kid with the highest grade in the school or classroom had both parents or was well off...

many problems in the world occur because someone is not educated or ignorant not because someone who has a high grade cant stay in school...

thats better or use the lottery money to help people with poor grades in college find a job...but not take care of someone with a high grades in school/college because they dont have to work to pay for school/college...plus you already guaranteed a job once you have good grades, so why take care of them while in college...

or help underpriveledge kids get a good education...

When most state started lotteries, they tried to justify them by designating where the profits go. In many states it was to be used as a supplement for education and in a few it was scholarship programs. If you ever read the Lottery News on this site, you would know what happens when scholarship goals exceeded the profits.

"many problems in the world occur because someone is not educated or ignorant not because someone who has a high grade cant stay in school..."

That's a totally different discussion unless you heard the UN is thinking about starting a lottery. Will the World lottery losers justify their losses by saying "I'm happy that 50 bucks I wasted on MM QPs is going to worthy cause" or will the winners feel they are contributing to the dummying down of the world?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2011, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

If you saw John Stossel's special on those "poor people" who beg for money in the streets, you'd know that they're all phonies. They make a better living begging than most of the people who naively give them money. And it all goes for booze and drugs.

It's so easy and so profitable, maybe I should do it for my booze money too.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49813 Posts
            Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

If you saw John Stossel's special on those "poor people" who beg for money in the streets, you'd know that they're all phonies. They make a better living begging than most of the people who naively give them money. And it all goes for booze and drugs.

Wine, Women, & Song: Makes the World Go Round!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2011, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Wine, Women, & Song: Makes the World Go Round!

Yup, or whiskey, wimmins and song.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

middle Georgia
                United States
                Member #1893
                July 20, 2003
                1868 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2011, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

I saw Stossel's special and many of those begging were probably wearing a big smile at the end of the day.  Some of them were collecting as much as a hundred dollars daily with location being a plus.  Not all of those begging were destitute and after all it was easy and tax free money.

Of all the joys life can bring, remembrance is the sweetest thing.