Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery results database.

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
Fort Worth, TX
United States
Member #106060
February 11, 2011
188 Posts
Posted: April 8, 2011, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Is there a place online where one can download a complete (or even months long) draw history from all the lotteries. I know a few states offer this but most aren't in a useable format. Texas is a good one that gives a downloadable link to a CSV file. Any ideas on a national database?

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49642 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Is there a place online where one can download a complete (or even months long) draw history from all the lotteries. I know a few states offer this but most aren't in a useable format. Texas is a good one that gives a downloadable link to a CSV file. Any ideas on a national database?

If their was such a Place: The Link couldn't be Posted Here!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Fort Worth, TX
      United States
      Member #106060
      February 11, 2011
      188 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Seriously?! That's lame. Then I think LP should allow us to download CSV files of every lottery they index. Is it a secret where LP gets its results?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's a LFS.

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49642 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Seriously?! That's lame. Then I think LP should allow us to download CSV files of every lottery they index. Is it a secret where LP gets its results?

Learn how to use a text editor to put the available database(s) into the required format for your purposes. (Ultra Edit or something similar)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

As a premium LP member, don't you have access to that data here at LP?  Why not copy and paste them to files of your own? 

When you download a trial copy of Lotto Pro, it comes with a complete updated data base of all the lotteries it covers which is almost everyone in the world.  However to update it again afterward, you'll have buy the program.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Fort Worth, TX
            United States
            Member #106060
            February 11, 2011
            188 Posts
            Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

As a premium LP member, don't you have access to that data here at LP?  Why not copy and paste them to files of your own? 

When you download a trial copy of Lotto Pro, it comes with a complete updated data base of all the lotteries it covers which is almost everyone in the world.  However to update it again afterward, you'll have buy the program.

RJOh,

Good tip. I have lotto pro. The program itself doesn't export lottery results. I took a text editor to the database files and they are indeed readable. But I have to figure out a script to parse it the right way. Thanks for all the help guys. I still think LP should offer a downloadable link to a CSV for each file. At the bottom of each results history page. :p Just my opinion though. 

Raven,

Okay. :p I've been copy and pasting the results into excel for a while now. It's just more cumbersome this way than a URL would be.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19816 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2011, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

Good tip. I have lotto pro. The program itself doesn't export lottery results. I took a text editor to the database files and they are indeed readable. But I have to figure out a script to parse it the right way. Thanks for all the help guys. I still think LP should offer a downloadable link to a CSV for each file. At the bottom of each results history page. :p Just my opinion though. 

Raven,

Okay. :p I've been copy and pasting the results into excel for a while now. It's just more cumbersome this way than a URL would be.

Lotto Pro is one of the few programs that has its data files in an ASCII format such that you can read them with a text editor, I used NotePad.  Once you delete all that formatting information at the beginning of a Lotto Pro file, it looks like a random access file, all you have to do is adjust the record length and fields sizes in your program to read them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Fort Worth, TX
                United States
                Member #106060
                February 11, 2011
                188 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2011, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks all. 

I found that Expert Lotto can parse the lotto pro files easy enough. Instead of doing that though I'll just save the 10 states I track into a excel file and save as CSV as Expert Lotto has no problem parsing that either. Although for a small subscription Lotto Pro will let you download the databases which are updated daily. In the future when I have an automated system that would come in handy. For now though the resources that LP offer is enough.  Thumbs Up

Fort Worth, TX
                  United States
                  Member #106060
                  February 11, 2011
                  188 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2011, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Wow. I don't know if anyone has said this before but the scripting here is problamatic. If I create a tab group with all the lotteries in it and open them all at once half of the results are the same. When I refresh the pages individualy the true numbers show. This has happened on multiple browsers all current and with cache flushed. Just a heads up to those out there who might not notice and use the wrong numbers....

New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49642 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2011, 10:32 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

Raven,

In most cases you only have to create a Lottery Database one time: As long as you keep it updated on a Daily Basis afterward...

United States
                      Member #108717
                      March 29, 2011
                      8 Posts
                      Posted: April 10, 2011, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

LFS?

Fort Worth, TX
                        United States
                        Member #106060
                        February 11, 2011
                        188 Posts
                        Posted: April 10, 2011, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

LFS?

Lottery Feed Service. 

They customize a package for you and deliver the results to your server. Google it.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23260 Posts
                          Posted: April 11, 2011, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Lottery Feed Service. 

They customize a package for you and deliver the results to your server. Google it.

No, Lottery Post does not use a feed service, because they are all crap, with tons of errors and very poor updating of new games.

Lottery Post has developed its own lottery data feed service, which I built myself, and which is much better than the garbage out there.  Sorry to be so blunt, but having been at the mercy of a poor feed service in the past, it was actually my motivation to build my own.

Why don't I provde a download link?  The same reason you can't walk into a grocery store and take the food for free.  Would be nice if you could, but then after a while there would be no food stores left, because they would have gone out of business.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Fort Worth, TX
                            United States
                            Member #106060
                            February 11, 2011
                            188 Posts
                            Posted: April 11, 2011, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

No, Lottery Post does not use a feed service, because they are all crap, with tons of errors and very poor updating of new games.

Lottery Post has developed its own lottery data feed service, which I built myself, and which is much better than the garbage out there.  Sorry to be so blunt, but having been at the mercy of a poor feed service in the past, it was actually my motivation to build my own.

Why don't I provde a download link?  The same reason you can't walk into a grocery store and take the food for free.  Would be nice if you could, but then after a while there would be no food stores left, because they would have gone out of business.

Awesome actually. The old "if you want something done right, you got to do it yourself" adage is proven once again. This once again reinforces the absolute integrity of lottery post. Thanks for the clarification.