Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winner Takes All Raffle

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: April 8, 2011, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Idaho is going to start selling a new raffle in a week or so.  Tickets are $20.  Only one winner drawn, and they get half the take.  The $10 raffle tickets have been struggling to sell 250K, so I assume the $20 ticket will be less popular.  I would guess they'll sell 200K and the jackpot will be around 2 million.  Would you buy a ticket?

I'm using firefox so can't paste the rules here but if you want to know all the skinny go to idaholottery dot com and it's on the front page.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2011, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like the ultimate sucker bet to me.

"Dear Idaho Lottery,

Enclosed is $20 I can't stand having, I'd like to skip the formailities of buying a rsaffle ticket and just give it to you.

Sincerely,

A. Schmuck"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2011, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Idaho is going to start selling a new raffle in a week or so.  Tickets are $20.  Only one winner drawn, and they get half the take.  The $10 raffle tickets have been struggling to sell 250K, so I assume the $20 ticket will be less popular.  I would guess they'll sell 200K and the jackpot will be around 2 million.  Would you buy a ticket?

I'm using firefox so can't paste the rules here but if you want to know all the skinny go to idaholottery dot com and it's on the front page.

Yeah, I'd buy a couple. In fact I got a "feeling" about it.

I better fly out there.

I think it's a lock.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2011, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I'd buy a couple. In fact I got a "feeling" about it.

I better fly out there.

I think it's a lock.

Hey, no need to waste the money flying out.  Just send me the bucks and I'll buy your tickets and as a favor just for you, I'll hold onto them till the drawing.  Of course I'll let you know IMMEDIATELY if you've won.   Evil Uhh

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: April 8, 2011, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Hey, no need to waste the money flying out.  Just send me the bucks and I'll buy your tickets and as a favor just for you, I'll hold onto them till the drawing.  Of course I'll let you know IMMEDIATELY if you've won.   Evil Uhh

Wow, that's mighty neighborly of you! Thanks!

--Edmund Burke

Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2011, 11:32 am - IP Logged

On sale for a full week as of early this morning, and 1900 tickets sold so far for a jackpot of 19,000.  This can't be good, can it?  I'm thinking I'll buy 1 ticket in a week or two just because you can't win if you don't play.  Just one ticket.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6305 Posts
              Posted: April 23, 2011, 4:52 am - IP Logged

Good luck HoLeeKau hope you winThumbs Up.........

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                51255 Posts
                Posted: April 23, 2011, 9:45 am - IP Logged

Sounds More Like A: Winner Takes Half Raffle! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: April 23, 2011, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

On sale for a full week as of early this morning, and 1900 tickets sold so far for a jackpot of 19,000.  This can't be good, can it?  I'm thinking I'll buy 1 ticket in a week or two just because you can't win if you don't play.  Just one ticket.

Holy cow, HoLeeKau.

Maybe I should fly out there directly and get some tickets.

I'm needin some taters anyway.

I'll be needin a place I can get tickets and taters at the same place though cuz I don't like wastin time makin unnecessary trips.

--Edmund Burke