Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

somehting odd i have noticed + a question

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Ashvegas
United States
Member #78306
August 11, 2009
20 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2011, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

So i purchase a couple quick picks on a fairly regular basis and what I have noticed when checking my numbers that I seem to be getting allot of the same numbers over and over. My web browser keeps cache of the numbers previously submitted and allot of times i don't even have to type the number since it is allready been typed previously. Now my  question is does this happen by chance or is it because I always purchase quick picks from the same store or something else?  It seems to be to much of a coincidence. i personally think its because i go to the same store. any thoughts on this?

tia

United States
    Member #61232
    May 16, 2008
    126 Posts
    Posted: April 9, 2011, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

So i purchase a couple quick picks on a fairly regular basis and what I have noticed when checking my numbers that I seem to be getting allot of the same numbers over and over. My web browser keeps cache of the numbers previously submitted and allot of times i don't even have to type the number since it is allready been typed previously. Now my  question is does this happen by chance or is it because I always purchase quick picks from the same store or something else?  It seems to be to much of a coincidence. i personally think its because i go to the same store. any thoughts on this?

tia

If you buy $5 worth of Powerball QP's per draw (25 white balls selected).  With only 59 possible white balls to be selected your numbers will start to repeat after the 2nd or 3rd draw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19904 Posts
      Posted: April 9, 2011, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

tia

Ohio Classic Lotto(6/49) had 659 drawings of which 368 had a number from the previous drawing.

Ohio Rolling Cash5(5/37) had 2237 drawings of which 1168 had a number from the previous drawing.

MegaMillions(5/56) had 605 drawings of which 223 have a number from the previous drawing.

The point is depending on the matrix size, it's quite common for combinations to have one of two numbers of another combination, even the randomly picked winning combinations that are back to back often share a common number or two.  If you start recording those QPs combinations you'll see while your QPs have one of two numbers of the previous QPs you purchased, they are by no means close to being the same combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Ashvegas
        United States
        Member #78306
        August 11, 2009
        20 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2011, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Guess I had not put much thought in to it. I had recently formated my pc so I only have maybe 25 or 30 QP cached and just thought it was odd to see repeats so soon.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          51284 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2011, 10:01 am - IP Logged

tia

Coincidence: The accidental occurence of events at the same place or time.

Try buying tickets for the same drawing in multiple Stores.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: April 10, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Guess I had not put much thought in to it. I had recently formated my pc so I only have maybe 25 or 30 QP cached and just thought it was odd to see repeats so soon.

I tried those cinobytes at Arby's.

They were ok but when you bite one end all the cinnamon flavored glop comes out the other end and goes on your lap.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3316 Posts
              Posted: April 10, 2011, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

YEAH WELL POWER BALL WILL REPEAT OFTEN BUT DO YOU MEAN LIKE ALL 5 NUMBERS ONA QUICK PICK?

that should only happen 1 in every 40 odd million tickets

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318