Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas Lottery Ball Games need better Odds

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Houston, TX
United States
Member #107821
March 15, 2011
3 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2011, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

I just need to vent about this.  The two big Texas Lottery ball games, Lotto Texas and the Texas Two Step suck.  These games have higher odds than other states with similar games.  For example, Lotto Texas is a 6/54 game while Ohio's Classic Lotto is a 6/49.  So to win the big one in Texas it is 1 in 25.8 MIL and in Ohio it's 13.9 MIL.  And the Texas Two Step is garbage too, it is a 4/35 plus a 1/35 Bonus Ball while Ohio's Rolling Cash 5 is a 5/39 game.  So to hit the big one the Texas 2 Step is 1 in 1.8 MIL and the Rolling Cash 5 is 1 in 575,757.  I know Ohio's jackpots for these games start lower but who cares, they have better odds.

Texas has a huge population and more people play and put in money so you would think they would want more winners?  I thought everything was bigger and better in Texas?  Come on Texas Lottery Commission, get with it and stop being greedy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2011, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

I new a Texas brushpopper one time.

Went by the name of Mega-ThinkTank or some such thing.

Welcome to Lottery Post D-Man, best of luck to ya!   LepThumbs UpYes Nod

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2011, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Considering how much Lotto Texas sales have dropped off, and how much it will continue to drop off with Powerball in the mix, I think dropping several balls from the matrix would make a lot of sense. Dropping the number of balls to 46 or so would make the game more appealing, and at current sales levels, it would probably still get some good runs even with better odds.

(insert signature here)

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: April 12, 2011, 2:25 am - IP Logged

You can only drop balls/odds if it makes fiscal sense.

In this case, you know the odds going in, so don't play it.

If enough people boycott it they might drop it, but the problem is far too many people don't know the odds, and don't care about the odds, that is why we play a game (PB) with 195~ million to 1 odds of winning. The difference is for some of us it is a sport, a hobby, but to those that don't play it like that, they don't care. States such as Texas bank on people playing that don't care about the odds.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: April 12, 2011, 8:29 am - IP Logged

You can only drop balls/odds if it makes fiscal sense.

In this case, you know the odds going in, so don't play it.

If enough people boycott it they might drop it, but the problem is far too many people don't know the odds, and don't care about the odds, that is why we play a game (PB) with 195~ million to 1 odds of winning. The difference is for some of us it is a sport, a hobby, but to those that don't play it like that, they don't care. States such as Texas bank on people playing that don't care about the odds.

I Agree!