Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Filtering Methods?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Mcdonough, GA
United States
Member #105545
February 2, 2011
238 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2011, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Just wanted to hear opinions and different ideas on filtering. I always seem to come up with too many numbers, even though the winner is usually in there. Just looking at ways to cut down down on numbers and  trim the fat a little.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
    Member #5599
    July 13, 2004
    1185 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2011, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Just wanted to hear opinions and different ideas on filtering. I always seem to come up with too many numbers, even though the winner is usually in there. Just looking at ways to cut down down on numbers and  trim the fat a little.

Hi,

It might help if you told us what type of lottery game your working on and what kind of filters you are using. Are you programming, tracking in Excel, or simply doing a paper and pencil method? Any detailed info may help in getting meaningful respnses for you.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Mcdonough, GA
      United States
      Member #105545
      February 2, 2011
      238 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2011, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Cash 3 and 4,  and good old pen and paper.

FL
        United States
        Member #93841
        July 8, 2010
        576 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2011, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Here are a few filters you can use....

Sum

LDR

Root Sum

Even/Odd

High/Low

In/Out

***Keep in mind that filters can remove the winning number

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2011, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Using filters is one way of "getting above the numbers".  Filters (or patterns) can be useful if you track them while tracking the numbers.  The problem then becomes "How do you track patterns?".

FL
            United States
            Member #93841
            July 8, 2010
            576 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2011, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Using filters is one way of "getting above the numbers".  Filters (or patterns) can be useful if you track them while tracking the numbers.  The problem then becomes "How do you track patterns?".

With excel you can just color coordinate the cells to see patterns.

With a paper/pencil tracking method you would have to use colored pencils.

I find excel to be easier to use :)

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: April 25, 2011, 11:30 am - IP Logged

With excel you can just color coordinate the cells to see patterns.

With a paper/pencil tracking method you would have to use colored pencils.

I find excel to be easier to use :)

I, too, use Excel.  IMHO, Excel is the best lottery program going. 

I track the filters/patterns/feature (or FPF)  using the numbers 0 and 1.  If the FPF is present in the numbers, I record that with the number 1.  If the FPF is not there, then I record that fact as the number 0.  This information is put on a separate sheet.

There might be a better way of tracking FPF.  If there is, I certainly would like to be educated as to how.