Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you get the "I didn't win" lottery blues too? :(

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 6 years ago by GamerMom.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
nickey t's avatar - necros
new york
United States
Member #108522
March 26, 2011
28 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2011, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

You know the feeling - the lottery pot is high enough for you to go into serious daydreaming/wishing mode - you imagine the car, house, black amex card, retirement, vacations - the feeling of having all your bills/debts paid and just so much money to do ANYTHING YOU WANT - the drawing takes place - you wait around for the results - YOU DIDN'T WIN ... again ... BUT SOMEONE ELSE DID! .. you wouldn't mind if the pot just keeps growing but it just seems that when you REALLY think it's happening [you've consulted with all your dieties and gods] and you just know THIS ONE IS IT .. then nothing .. do you feel blue for days following the results? or is it just me? I really try not to but having been playing for over 12 years, I wonder, WHEN WILL MY TURN COME!?

raise your hands if you get the lottery blues ..

No Pity!Unhappy

when i win - solo, my lawyer will be instructed to say "a group of 52 retired navy seals have won" -- you know, to get the haters off my butt .. Sulk Off

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40550 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2011, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

If I get sad and blue over not winning then it's time to stop playing, Life is to short and to precious. Get busy living and good things will happen.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2011, 12:24 am - IP Logged

If I get sad and blue over not winning then it's time to stop playing, Life is to short and to precious. Get busy living and good things will happen.

THIS!!!....

Pure luck

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        917 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2011, 6:22 am - IP Logged

No I don't get blue or down when my numbers don't match...the statistics bear out that one should truly be estatic and surprised when they do.  So I do get irked when some of those lucky jackpot winners say things like, "I knew my time was coming" or "I expected to win someday...power of positive thinking...blah, blah, blah".  I have been thinking positively that I hope to win for over 20 years and I the most I have ever won was $35, and the closest I have ever come to winning a jackpot was having 3 numbers on one line and the other 3 numbers on another line on the same ticket...good enough for a few dollars and the wish that those numbers had all been on the same line.  So put me in the group that doesn't expect to win, but will be totally estatic and ready for a win if and when it does happen. 

Oh, and can New York quit winning the Mega Millions drawings?!!!!  Uggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
          Member #85047
          January 7, 2010
          102 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2011, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Yes, I've gotten the lotto blues.

It was built up stress causing it. 

Wow, what a difference , a few trips to the gym made. .  Lotto is fun again.

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
            Member #60535
            April 21, 2008
            460 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2011, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

*meekly looks around and raises hand*

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
              The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95879
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2011, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Very true Sully!

I have always lived by my Dads motto:  "Money is just Money"...No need to stress about it or worry about it. You only live once. Sure, money makes things easier at times, but no reason a person should ever let it run/ruin your life.

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                Florida
                United States
                Member #62713
                July 6, 2008
                3715 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2011, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Its Attraction. When you get on a losing streak you start getting on a negative  or losing vibration. Therefore losing all the time. My Advice is STOP PLAYING !!

Play only on Paper. When you see you start hitting again on paper slowly start playing for real money.

Control is key. I myself had made very stupid mistakes in the past. The worst motto to get into is "trying to get your money back".

You are no longer playing to win, just to break even. This is worst thing you can ever do. Play to WIN. I have been very lucky and Blessed, but I have learned from my mistakes. I only play with money I can afford to lose period. No ands, ifs or buts.

There is a member here I am not sure what his/her name is but the Signature says

"Scared Money, Doesn't make Money" Soooo True.

Good Luck and Be a Player not a Gambler Thumbs Up

Keep moving Forward.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49784 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2011, 9:06 am - IP Logged

You know the feeling - the lottery pot is high enough for you to go into serious daydreaming/wishing mode - you imagine the car, house, black amex card, retirement, vacations - the feeling of having all your bills/debts paid and just so much money to do ANYTHING YOU WANT - the drawing takes place - you wait around for the results - YOU DIDN'T WIN ... again ... BUT SOMEONE ELSE DID! .. you wouldn't mind if the pot just keeps growing but it just seems that when you REALLY think it's happening [you've consulted with all your dieties and gods] and you just know THIS ONE IS IT .. then nothing .. do you feel blue for days following the results? or is it just me? I really try not to but having been playing for over 12 years, I wonder, WHEN WILL MY TURN COME!?

No Pity!Unhappy

Sadly: The High Odds against Players: Leaves the Dream-Of-A-Lifetime Just-Out-Of-Reach...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

deja vu's avatar - 20161202 185005.jpg

United States
                    Member #75453
                    June 3, 2009
                    13250 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2011, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

*meekly looks around and raises hand*

I Agree! Guilty! I have been out of control i am now pushing away from the table.

thanksgiving prayer emoticon

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                      Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34149 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2011, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I never goet the Blues, I like it win or lose  this is a Game and a Hobby for me and and Love it!! Good luck to everyone!Thumbs Up

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6290 Posts
                        Posted: April 18, 2011, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't get the blues....however I do get mad sometime like for example when I play 5 lines of #'s and the all the numbers that I need to win are on diffrent lines i feel like!!!!!Thud

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                          Member #52345
                          May 21, 2007
                          2659 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2011, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

win lose or draw its only a game and a $1 and what does a $1 get ya anyway ???

Thinking of...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2011, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

win lose or draw its only a game and a $1 and what does a $1 get ya anyway ???

Thinking of...

You cain't hardly dip snuff fer a dollar.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

emerald64's avatar - 8ball
                              suffolk county, Long Island, NY
                              United States
                              Member #56449
                              November 19, 2007
                              1508 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2011, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

No Pity!Unhappy

Y  E  S    !  Dead