Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

versabet help

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by lakerben.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Philippines
Member #67927
December 8, 2008
67 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2011, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

hello just wondering if there is a way to make winning number files for versabet 3/4? i tried to contact them but there was no response. i am trying to make a new pick3 game file and inputting the winning numbers manually is trying. anybody can help? tnx alot.

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
    Watervliet, New York
    United States
    Member #1100
    February 2, 2003
    3192 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2011, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

hello just wondering if there is a way to make winning number files for versabet 3/4? i tried to contact them but there was no response. i am trying to make a new pick3 game file and inputting the winning numbers manually is trying. anybody can help? tnx alot.

jester,

You can click on Help and there is a whole section from A to Z to help you with anything on Versabet 3/4 here are the instructions you are searching for to Add a new game don't forget you need to give it a title.  Hope this helps!

MINK

A new game file requires at least a single game drawing. To create a new game file from scratch, select Games and then select New from the main menu. The Create New Game File screen will appear. This screen has the function of initilizing the new file and providing the starting game drawing record required to make it active.

When the Create New Game File screen appears, click on the proper options in the File Type  and Game Type sections. Select the correct date for the drawing in the calendar section, then enter the initial game drawing numbers in the input boxes in the First Record section. After the numbers are entered, click on the Ok button to open the Save dialogue box. Enter a name for the new file and click on the Save button. If you already had a game file active when you began the create process, the old game file will be closed. The new game file will become active and you will be transferred to the Game File View screen to begin adding additional game drawings to the file.

Note that in this release of VersaBet Three-Four that a VTrac option has been added to the Game Type. If you don't know what VTrac is, see the section in the help file that applies.

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2011, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Years ago I downloaded a copy of versabet and then all of its files were in an ASCII format so if you had a text copy of the file you wanted to add it could be edited with a text editor such that versabet read it as a vesabet file avoiding having to enter the data by hand.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
        Clarksville
        United States
        Member #487
        July 15, 2002
        17638 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2011, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

If you click the help link, you can download all of the results for past games except for about the last 7 days.  They use zip files.  You download it and save it and then you "unzip" it and then you can click on any state and copy the results there or replace them.

I use one folder to download and another folder to unzip to.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Philippines
          Member #67927
          December 8, 2008
          67 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2011, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

hello, tnx everyone. i am form the philippines and i purchased versabet 3years ago then stopped playing, but now i want to start playing again. they dont support the pick 3 lotteries here so i need to make my own file. the file extension of the winning numbers has ".DMG" is there a text editor that i can use? when i try to open it using wordpard or notepad then input the winning numbers i get a message corrupted file when i open it using versabet.  tnx again.

Philippines
            Member #67927
            December 8, 2008
            67 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2011, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

jester,

You can click on Help and there is a whole section from A to Z to help you with anything on Versabet 3/4 here are the instructions you are searching for to Add a new game don't forget you need to give it a title.  Hope this helps!

MINK

A new game file requires at least a single game drawing. To create a new game file from scratch, select Games and then select New from the main menu. The Create New Game File screen will appear. This screen has the function of initilizing the new file and providing the starting game drawing record required to make it active.

When the Create New Game File screen appears, click on the proper options in the File Type  and Game Type sections. Select the correct date for the drawing in the calendar section, then enter the initial game drawing numbers in the input boxes in the First Record section. After the numbers are entered, click on the Ok button to open the Save dialogue box. Enter a name for the new file and click on the Save button. If you already had a game file active when you began the create process, the old game file will be closed. The new game file will become active and you will be transferred to the Game File View screen to begin adding additional game drawings to the file.

Note that in this release of VersaBet Three-Four that a VTrac option has been added to the Game Type. If you don't know what VTrac is, see the section in the help file that applies.

hello sir, tnx for the inpur i know how to input the winning numbers manually. i am trying to find a way to import my winning numbers all at once. :) also i made a typo error instead of the word trying it was tiring. :) saorry for that. and tnx again. :)

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
              Charlotte NC
              United States
              Member #17406
              June 18, 2005
              4053 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2011, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

omg i use to use versabet.  It liked it.  I have a very very old copy on a very old laptop.

takeemtothebank

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                Clarksville
                United States
                Member #487
                July 15, 2002
                17638 Posts
                Posted: May 1, 2011, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I still use it.  I have had it for a good long while.

Go to the help menu, click on download updated games files

Save it to a folder in your documents  ie (downloaded files)-CLOSE VERSABET

Click on the file (You need winzip or some other program that unzips files)

When you click on the file, it will unzip, save it to you folder "unzipped files".

VB should be closed.  click on the folder with the unzipped files.  Click on your state and the program will prompt you to save it.  You save it in the Versabet game file for that state or you can save all of them if you want.

Once you have done this, Your files are basically current.  Open VB and you will have to add 7-8 days of results in there to be current.  That is all it is.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Philippines
                  Member #67927
                  December 8, 2008
                  67 Posts
                  Posted: May 2, 2011, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

hello RJOH what text editor do you think will work for .DMG files? whenever i try ontepad and wordpad i cant seem to open my game and it saya that the file is corrupted.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: May 2, 2011, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

hello RJOH what text editor do you think will work for .DMG files? whenever i try ontepad and wordpad i cant seem to open my game and it saya that the file is corrupted.

I've never gotten that message when using NotePad or WordPad to view any file.  If the file was not in an ASCII format, it just wasn't readable/understandable to my eyes.  Perhaps they've changed the way they now save their data for Windows, when I downloaded them their programs still ran in a Command window under DOS.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Philippines
                      Member #67927
                      December 8, 2008
                      67 Posts
                      Posted: May 3, 2011, 6:08 am - IP Logged

I've never gotten that message when using NotePad or WordPad to view any file.  If the file was not in an ASCII format, it just wasn't readable/understandable to my eyes.  Perhaps they've changed the way they now save their data for Windows, when I downloaded them their programs still ran in a Command window under DOS.

tnx RJOH i mean i can open the file using wordpad or notepad. but when i try to open the file using versabet a message pop out stating that the file is corrupted. anyway tnx again sir.

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                        New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86099
                        January 29, 2010
                        11119 Posts
                        Posted: May 4, 2011, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Are they still in business?  I tired to contact them too and nothing.  The phone number is out of order. Besides an email is there another way to get a hold of them?

Lovies