Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 3:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you handle a big missed opportunity?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 6 years ago by TheOtherOne.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
Nashville, TN
United States
Member #86739
February 9, 2010
483 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2011, 11:08 am - IP Logged

In playing Pick 4 (or pick 3) and you "mean" to get some numbers or you intend to but just dont have the time or it slips away, then those numbers end up hitting, how do you handle the loss?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5765 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2011, 11:15 am - IP Logged

In playing Pick 4 (or pick 3) and you "mean" to get some numbers or you intend to but just dont have the time or it slips away, then those numbers end up hitting, how do you handle the loss?

I can't remember that ever happening to me. Once I figure what I'm going to play, it's part of my routine to buy my tics.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Nashville, TN
      United States
      Member #86739
      February 9, 2010
      483 Posts
      Posted: May 6, 2011, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I can't remember that ever happening to me. Once I figure what I'm going to play, it's part of my routine to buy my tics.

I play the jackpot games pretty much daily, so occasionally I play Cash 4 or 3. Every now and then I'll have a 'feeling' about a number, for instance Tuesday night I looked at the clock to see 11:11 just before going to bed. I thought about how recently I've noticed people say you should 'make a wish' when you see this time. I noted that it adds up to '4'. THe very next day in a meeting I look at my laptop and see the same numbers at that time before noon and tell myself to buy some cash 4 that add up to 4 with Tennessee's 'LUcky Sum' feature.

Got to running around that night and totally forgot about it (honestly I was focused on buying Tennessee Cash numbers for that nights $1.14 Million jackpot, and the powerball).

So when I saw that the numbers 0211 were drawn that night my heart just sank. I figure I would have bought in a few different times, at least 3 or 4. Payout is $142 each time so the way I see it i missed out on a $568 option (and probably more if I would have hit the 0211 as well, though I dont feel I would have played those numbers).

Would have been nice to put that toward some bills or help with the vacay this summer! AARRGGH!Bang Head

United States
        Member #56862
        December 6, 2007
        1826 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2011, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

the day was friday, i was eating mexican with my family.....i decided not to play and evening draw... bam  i missed out on 5,000.00   i could not finish eating..

i was so sick......it still hurts....

trap574's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
          Adk NY
          United States
          Member #108847
          April 1, 2011
          1632 Posts
          Posted: May 6, 2011, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Being a player that sits out now and then, its just something that happens,dont let it get you down or lose track of what your after,then when the feelings right and you get that payoff or hit that elusive oddball draw It all comes together again!! Being POSATIVE is everything. Just my 2 cents   Trap.

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            51218 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2011, 10:12 am - IP Logged

If You Fail to Plan, Then You Plan to Fail!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8797 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2011, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Shrug it off and move on.

Oo'Ka

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4054 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2011, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Shrug it off and move on.

ThudI usually say a few choice words before I shrug it off and move on.  Then I lick my wounds.lol  It happens to the best of us.  Sometimes you catch the bear and sometimes the bear catches you.

takeemtothebank

Nashville, TN
                  United States
                  Member #86739
                  February 9, 2010
                  483 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2011, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

the day was friday, i was eating mexican with my family.....i decided not to play and evening draw... bam  i missed out on 5,000.00   i could not finish eating..

i was so sick......it still hurts....

Good advice folks, in the end that's all we can do.

Flat Creek Kid, I can understand. It is so upsetting (and frustrating).

As much as this time sucks the worst still is ab0ut a year ago, before I got off work I wrote the numbers 6712 on my hand (had seen it in a phone or ticket number there at work). of course I forgot to stop in the store down the street and play the numbers.

So when they hit that night, exactly in that order (which was the address of the street I grew up on) I was beyond angry. I mean, I wrote it on my hand!

Yeah, I ultimately planned to fail by not failing to plan, but failing to execute this plan. I would like to think I would have played the numbers 2 or 3 times had I actually played since I had just read a story of a guy who did that In VA or NC and won a few hundred thousand I think.

Such is life though...