Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick-3 follower test

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 6 years ago by BlowHard.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2011, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Someone in the Florida p-3 forum gave me an idea tonight. The person wrote that 98% of the time a 0 or 1 will follow a double. I did a quick backtest from Jan 25, 2011 to the present and it was close to the percentage.

That in itself is a great observation. But that great idea made me think. I said to myself, can I go back to Jan 25, 2011 in Florida and see what numbers come up after a number like say 0? So after every combo that had a 0 in it, I'd tally what the next winning combo's numbers were individually, one for mid to mid, and the other for eve to eve. Then do the same thing with 1, then 2...and so on to 9.

I've only done the number 0 so far, just as a quick test to see If anything stood out, and it did.

Here are the results:

NUMBER 0:

Mid to mid                          Eve to eve

0= 3                                    0= 6

1= 10                                   1= 5

2= 2                                    2= 2

3= 10                                  3= 10.....also red....(for some reason the editor won't allow me to change colors with this number)

4= 7                                    4= 8

5= 5                                   5= 12

6=  5                                  6= 5

7= 8                                   7= 9

8= 6                                   8= 8

9= 11                                  9= 10

As you can see above, the 3and the 9 both have high counts that had a match with the mid to mid, and eve to eve draws. Unfortunately the number 5in the eve to eve has a 12 count but had no high match to the mid to mid. Despite my bad judgement, I'm going to include it anyways.

So we have 395...

Those 3 numbers will be the first position numbers If there is a 0 in a combo.

Since we just did 0, now I want to do the same for the rest of the numbers 1-9 and have a follower chart made out of these stipulations. Once I have a full follower chart, I can do the second and third positions.

I'll get on it....

What do you think?

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2011, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Ok, I've decided to have a follower for each of mid to mid......and eve to eve... seperate

So far I have the 0 and 1 done....

NUMBER 0:

Mid to mid:

Eve to eve:

---------------------------------------------

NUMBER 1:

Mid to mid:

Eve to eve:

-----------------------------------------------------------

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: May 6, 2011, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

NUMBER 2:

Mid to mid:

Eve to eve:

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2011, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Gotta work tomorrow...will do the rest during breaks.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3112 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2011, 4:46 am - IP Logged

For what it's worth.  Around four years ago I used the GH software to make three 1/10 games A B and C and loaded them with 1,000 previous draws of Florida Pick-3 making one game history from the A or first position of the draws.  So 190 289 663 238 the first column or draw history would use 1,2,6,2 the B second position or column history would be 9,8,6,3 and the third  C position or column  would be 0,9,3,8.

Using the D chart which is followers I found I had to use the top 5 picks from each to have any chance of winning often enough and that meant 5x5x5=125 straight plays.  Playing online at the higher rate I managed to break even not get rich with this method.   It was ok until a dry spell where I finally won the last play on what was left of the profits and gave it up. 

I considered looking at what followed the first digit drawn as second drawn and third drawn within the drawing rather then what followed the digits of the previous draw in history, (like when a 9 is drawn first what digit is drawn most often as the second when a 9 is drawn, etc.) but I didn't have software to make it quick and easy.

Maybe you will figure out something better or hit a hot session where this works better. 

BobP

paurths's avatar - underground
            Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
            Belgium
            Member #19287
            July 29, 2005
            2254 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2011, 5:17 am - IP Logged

I have ran software a few years ago after packattack posted this about the 0 digit and the following doubles.

Not quite sure if i can still dig up those stats (they are on LP though), but i recall that the stats were the same for each digit, the 0 did not stand out.

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

bgonçalves
              Brasil
              Member #92564
              June 9, 2010
              2133 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2011, 8:13 am - IP Logged

Hello Joker, you can see this simulçao = eliminate adjacent digits
                Sample = 459 gave adjacent 3 4 5 4 5 6 8 9 0
              Adjacent digits are anterior and posterior of each digit, to make the lotus also!
              Are adjacent 459 = 3,4,6,8,9,0, joker can see a simulation of a repetition of adjacent?

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                51064 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2011, 10:00 am - IP Logged

I have ran software a few years ago after packattack posted this about the 0 digit and the following doubles.

Not quite sure if i can still dig up those stats (they are on LP though), but i recall that the stats were the same for each digit, the 0 did not stand out.

Joker17=Pacattack05 LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2011, 10:46 am - IP Logged

For what it's worth.  Around four years ago I used the GH software to make three 1/10 games A B and C and loaded them with 1,000 previous draws of Florida Pick-3 making one game history from the A or first position of the draws.  So 190 289 663 238 the first column or draw history would use 1,2,6,2 the B second position or column history would be 9,8,6,3 and the third  C position or column  would be 0,9,3,8.

Using the D chart which is followers I found I had to use the top 5 picks from each to have any chance of winning often enough and that meant 5x5x5=125 straight plays.  Playing online at the higher rate I managed to break even not get rich with this method.   It was ok until a dry spell where I finally won the last play on what was left of the profits and gave it up. 

I considered looking at what followed the first digit drawn as second drawn and third drawn within the drawing rather then what followed the digits of the previous draw in history, (like when a 9 is drawn first what digit is drawn most often as the second when a 9 is drawn, etc.) but I didn't have software to make it quick and easy.

Maybe you will figure out something better or hit a hot session where this works better. 

BobP

Thanx for the heads up. Maybe I'm just wasting my time I don't know, just thought it was interesting. However, you used a thousand draws and that may have affected the outcome. I may just do a 3 month study because a more recent trend might work better.

paurths's avatar - underground
                    Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                    Belgium
                    Member #19287
                    July 29, 2005
                    2254 Posts
                    Posted: May 7, 2011, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Joker17=Pacattack05 LOL

I had no clue, Raven62? lol

Anyway, the stats, i can't find them anymore, not even the code. Perhaps if i find some time anywhere in the near future...

(i even think it was cps10 that came up with it, not sure though What? )

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: May 7, 2011, 11:09 am - IP Logged

I had no clue, Raven62? lol

Anyway, the stats, i can't find them anymore, not even the code. Perhaps if i find some time anywhere in the near future...

(i even think it was cps10 that came up with it, not sure though What? )

Yup, that's me...lol

Anyways, the short test I did was back from Jan 25, 2011, and 0 and 1 did stand out big time.

Rain27's avatar - leaf
                        Tampa, Florida
                        United States
                        Member #108808
                        March 31, 2011
                        134 Posts
                        Posted: May 7, 2011, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Someone in the Florida p-3 forum gave me an idea tonight. The person wrote that 98% of the time a 0 or 1 will follow a double. I did a quick backtest from Jan 25, 2011 to the present and it was close to the percentage.

That in itself is a great observation. But that great idea made me think. I said to myself, can I go back to Jan 25, 2011 in Florida and see what numbers come up after a number like say 0? So after every combo that had a 0 in it, I'd tally what the next winning combo's numbers were individually, one for mid to mid, and the other for eve to eve. Then do the same thing with 1, then 2...and so on to 9.

I've only done the number 0 so far, just as a quick test to see If anything stood out, and it did.

Here are the results:

NUMBER 0:

3= 10                                  3= 10.....also red....(for some reason the editor won't allow me to change colors with this number)

As you can see above, the 3and the 9 both have high counts that had a match with the mid to mid, and eve to eve draws. Unfortunately the number 5in the eve to eve has a 12 count but had no high match to the mid to mid. Despite my bad judgement, I'm going to include it anyways.

So we have 395...

Since we just did 0, now I want to do the same for the rest of the numbers 1-9 and have a follower chart made out of these stipulations. Once I have a full follower chart, I can do the second and third positions.

I'll get on it....

What do you think?

Thanks Joker! Sometimes I think no one ever looks at my posts. Thank you for taking the time out to test and prove.

United States
                          Member #97695
                          September 21, 2010
                          358 Posts
                          Posted: May 7, 2011, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Here are the results:

NUMBER 0:

So we have 395...

I'll get on it....

What do you think?

Well my Joker friend, all you are doing is finding the FOLLOWING Frequent numbers.

I think you should focus more on the fact that a 0 and 1 comes after a double, and try to win the next double coming up.

And what may I ask you will do when you get all the frequent following numbers? Lets say 067 come up in a draw, then you will have to wheel a maxium of  9 numbers, or less.

I think your pairs system is great. But this new adventure will it be as great as your pairs system?

Lets us know.

United States
                            Member #97695
                            September 21, 2010
                            358 Posts
                            Posted: May 7, 2011, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I will be doing a back test on Texas, but only going back 36 games.

Which I think should be sufficient?

We will see.

Where are the Texans? I know millions play the pick 3 from Texas.

I guess all they do is read. SHY? maybe.

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: May 7, 2011, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I will be doing a back test on Texas, but only going back 36 games.

Which I think should be sufficient?

We will see.

Where are the Texans? I know millions play the pick 3 from Texas.

I guess all they do is read. SHY? maybe.

Ok, let's try this. You do Texas and I'll do Florida. Maybe a more recent trend is better. 36 consecutive draws back for Florida would be April 19, mid- 289.

0 Followers mid:               Eve:  

1                                       3

7                                      7

--------------------------------------

1 Follower mid:                Eve: 

0                                     3

8                                     7

---------------------------------------

2 Follower mid:            Eve:

4                                 3

6                                 2

----------------------------------------