Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how many $ before a # is closed out ? NY pick 3

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new york
United States
Member #110090
April 25, 2011
5 Posts
Posted: May 12, 2011, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question ,if not I apologize . Can anyone tell me how much money can be bet on a # before it gets closed out.For example I'm in NY, do I have the ability to bet  lets say $128 or $256 on a pick 3 box combo ?  (not all on one ticket of course)

thanks, J.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: May 12, 2011, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question ,if not I apologize . Can anyone tell me how much money can be bet on a # before it gets closed out.For example I'm in NY, do I have the ability to bet  lets say $128 or $256 on a pick 3 box combo ?  (not all on one ticket of course)

thanks, J.

They will close out a particular number only if it reaches the point that so much is bet on it that if it fell, paying the number of winners would exceed the amount taken in by that particular game. You should have no trouble betting that amount unless a whole lot of other people are too.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
      Watervliet, New York
      United States
      Member #1100
      February 2, 2003
      3186 Posts
      Posted: May 12, 2011, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

They will close out a particular number only if it reaches the point that so much is bet on it that if it fell, paying the number of winners would exceed the amount taken in by that particular game. You should have no trouble betting that amount unless a whole lot of other people are too.

NY has a 5 million dollar cap on any 3/4 digit game also the Pick 10 game the game becomes parimutuel ,  mostly everyday the triple numbers are all sold out so you have to play them sometimes days ahead or you are out of luck unless you play online or know a bookie in town!  SO the NY lottery will not pay out anything over $ 5 million on any given drawing sometimes it goes over a few thousand BUT we all know that in NY the lottery commission NEVER loses. 

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2011, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Pick 3 forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.