Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Director software [purchased version]

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by JosephusMinimus.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #105312
January 29, 2011
435 Posts
Posted: May 18, 2011, 8:23 am - IP Logged

If you've used the purchased version of Lottery Director software I'd be interested in seeing your observations and experiences here.  Particularly as it compares to Lotto Expert and other lottery software.

If you haven't used the purchased version but have a gut feel about lottery software in general, or the trial version of Lottery Director without having used it I've no doubt you'll share your thoughts, but it isn't invited nor welcome.

CT
    United States
    Member #60059
    April 4, 2008
    886 Posts
    Posted: May 18, 2011, 11:11 am - IP Logged

I have not purchased either Lottery Director or Lotto Expert. They look very similar.

Years ago I purchased Lottoman, consider by many as the best and I would agree.

The manual and explanation of the pick3 system itself was worth money.

There are many, many similar systems that chart and graph, etc. thats the easy part.

The failing with most systems is they does not let you select from the many charts and graphs while

your on the screens.

You have to take notes and then make selections on a filter screen to finally get a list of numbers.

This my opinion. I study a lot of systems.

Luck be with you!!!

NOTE: All numbers posted are BOXED and unless otherwise noted.

United States
      Member #105312
      January 29, 2011
      435 Posts
      Posted: May 18, 2011, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I have not purchased either Lottery Director or Lotto Expert. They look very similar.

Years ago I purchased Lottoman, consider by many as the best and I would agree.

The manual and explanation of the pick3 system itself was worth money.

There are many, many similar systems that chart and graph, etc. thats the easy part.

The failing with most systems is they does not let you select from the many charts and graphs while

your on the screens.

You have to take notes and then make selections on a filter screen to finally get a list of numbers.

This my opinion. I study a lot of systems.

Thanks for the reply Domeman.  Hadn't heard of Lottoman.  I'll read up about it before I decide ultimately what direction to go, or whether to go a direction.  My lottery related projects generally don't bear much similarity to what a lot of others might want from a system, but it's good learning the pros and cons experienced by others using them.  Thanks again.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2011, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Think about it: if someone had a lottery system software that REALLY worked, they would not be selling it, they would be cashing in OFTEN.

And if it really worked (and they sold it), SEVERAL people would be cashing in.

But they are not.

That tells me something. (save my money).

United States
          Member #105312
          January 29, 2011
          435 Posts
          Posted: May 20, 2011, 6:46 am - IP Logged

Think about it: if someone had a lottery system software that REALLY worked, they would not be selling it, they would be cashing in OFTEN.

And if it really worked (and they sold it), SEVERAL people would be cashing in.

But they are not.

That tells me something. (save my money).

Guesser:  Yeah, I'm familiar with your concept and philosophy.  I didn't intend to give the impression I was hoping you'd pay for it with your money instead of me paying for it with my money if I decided to buy it. 

Actually I know it's a difficult place for the mind to enter, but I was asking for anything involving actual experience by people who had used that particular piece of software.

Rest your mind.  You needn't save your money on the software if I decide to buy it.  Maybe you can save yours not buying lottery tickets or some such thing you spend your own money on.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            4091 Posts
            Posted: May 20, 2011, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Josephus

The last I heard was that Scott Piel was working on a new version of lottoman,  It has been a few years

ago so maybe he has something done by now. 

RL

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              4091 Posts
              Posted: May 20, 2011, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Josephus

The last I heard was that Scott Piel was working on a new version of lottoman,  It has been a few years

ago so maybe he has something done by now. 

RL

Josephus

I have been working on a new system for a couple years now and wanted to say that I think that all lottery

programs are filtered wheels.  I still use my digit system but wanted to try and come up with a different way

to play.   I did some really deep thinking and no matter what I could come up with it could be explained as a

filter.  The best systems would or should be rated by how well it can predict the values it needs or the type of

data it provides to the user from which he/she must make a selection.

Some software uses complex mathematical processes including statistical analysis but the problem is that statistics

most often only tell you what will happen over time and leave much unanswered concerning the next draw.  I haven't

looked or used the programs above but think we have two main choices.  #1= A program that selects the values for

you based on some mathematical process. #2 Requires you to make decissions based on data that has been collected. 

Which one is better will depend on the users abilities. 

RL

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                Denver, Co
                United States
                Member #103046
                December 29, 2010
                546 Posts
                Posted: May 20, 2011, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Joe, I've got the full version of Expert Lotto, but not Lottery Director. Good luck, let us know if you find out anything. Ken

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

United States
                  Member #105312
                  January 29, 2011
                  435 Posts
                  Posted: May 20, 2011, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

RL and ameriken:  Thanks for the responses.  Ameriken, I've downloaded Expert Lotto, [free version] but I haven't used it much.  It wasn't quite what I had in mind, but I still might put it through the paces sometime.  I saw someone refer to Lottery Director on one of the other forums and the person who referred to it was a name I recognized and respect, but not one I'd bother with my questions. 

I did visit the site, download the trial version, and read through the forum discussions at the Lottery Director site.  To be honest the people aren't pushy, the software seems to come nearer what I might use [though it's difficult to be sure from the trial version] and they were extremely interested in being helpful, it seemed, as well as straightforward.

One of the impressive things about the software seemed to me to be the free database of lottery histories constantly updated, and [RL] a wheeling system I haven't messed with yet on the trial version.

They're nice people over there and it was enjoyable reading through the discussion board, having a few questions answered by the management.

But I'd still like to hear what people who have used the bought and paid-for version have to say about it, whether or not I decide eventually to buy it.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7344 Posts
                    Posted: May 20, 2011, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Joe, I've got the full version of Expert Lotto, but not Lottery Director. Good luck, let us know if you find out anything. Ken

To my knowledge the only difference between trial version and purchasing the product is the ability to save data. It's probably possible to re-download the trial version every week and get the full results data base. With the purchased program when using lotto type game wheels, you can save the data and analyze it against whatever game history you chose. Wheels can be imported, save, and used too.

I suppose the Lottery Director program could be used as a system using the wheeling "auto filters", but it's more of an analyst tool IMO. For someone creating their own system, they can manually enter the filters. The pick-3 and pick-4 games use positional wheeling but you have to start over if you want to change a filter. There are more recent drawing filters with LD, but the positional wheeling on LP allows us to change a filter by just checking or unchecking a box.

Lottery Director does update the entire game history files once a week and it's a quick download and the support is pretty fast. I haven't looked at the site for awhile so I'm not sure if they have upgraded the program from a 32-bit system so it can be used with Windows 7.

On the Lottery Director site is "The Only Way to Win Cow Pie Lotto" by BobP who is a member of LP.

United States
                      Member #105312
                      January 29, 2011
                      435 Posts
                      Posted: May 21, 2011, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

To my knowledge the only difference between trial version and purchasing the product is the ability to save data. It's probably possible to re-download the trial version every week and get the full results data base. With the purchased program when using lotto type game wheels, you can save the data and analyze it against whatever game history you chose. Wheels can be imported, save, and used too.

I suppose the Lottery Director program could be used as a system using the wheeling "auto filters", but it's more of an analyst tool IMO. For someone creating their own system, they can manually enter the filters. The pick-3 and pick-4 games use positional wheeling but you have to start over if you want to change a filter. There are more recent drawing filters with LD, but the positional wheeling on LP allows us to change a filter by just checking or unchecking a box.

Lottery Director does update the entire game history files once a week and it's a quick download and the support is pretty fast. I haven't looked at the site for awhile so I'm not sure if they have upgraded the program from a 32-bit system so it can be used with Windows 7.

On the Lottery Director site is "The Only Way to Win Cow Pie Lotto" by BobP who is a member of LP.

Helpful info.  Thank you

United States
                        Member #105312
                        January 29, 2011
                        435 Posts
                        Posted: June 7, 2011, 11:28 am - IP Logged

ken:  A lot of the features on the software don't appear to be anything I'll use, but it has a lot of them and I think I'll be using enough to justify buying/registering it.  The trial version does a lot and I don't mind paying the people who put it together for a registered version if I'll get enough use out of it to justify using it at all.

Those lottery history downloads in a format that doesn't include formatting monkey-tricks are worth it to me.  And the wheeling feature is nice.

If I have any further observations after using it a while and you want to read them I'll PM you.