Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Damaged Scratch off

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111591
May 29, 2011
2 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2011, 9:58 am - IP Logged

I purchased a Colored Money scratch off ticket yesterday. It must have fallen out of my bag, and I found it sitting in the grass this morning. Off course last night was watering night and the sprinklers caused the ticket to get soaked.

I have it in the sun drying now, but I am worried that the scratch off placed will just tear through.

Any one have any suggestions? Thank you :)

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2011, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Sorry this happen to you TE, let it dry and see if you are able to scratch the ticket if it is a winner on Tuesday call the Lottery office and explain the situation and see what they say....

Let us know if it's a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United States
      Member #111591
      May 29, 2011
      2 Posts
      Posted: May 29, 2011, 10:19 am - IP Logged

Looks like I won't be able to scratch off the spots with the numbers that need to be matched, but I was able to get off the majority of the code at the bottom of the ticket. Anyone know if they need to be able to the winning spots or is the code enough?

Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2011, 10:27 am - IP Logged

TE, there are some people that only scratch the barcode, so you can got to a store and use the self check scanner to see if the ticket is a winner....do not give the ticket to the clerk scan it yourself.....

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40295 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2011, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Welcom to Lottery Post TE619, HAPPY WINNINGS.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23259 Posts
            Posted: May 30, 2011, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Instant ("Scratch-Off") Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #109275
              April 9, 2011
              1495 Posts
              Posted: May 30, 2011, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Looks like I won't be able to scratch off the spots with the numbers that need to be matched, but I was able to get off the majority of the code at the bottom of the ticket. Anyone know if they need to be able to the winning spots or is the code enough?

Not sure about your state, but back when PA still used the 3 digit pin #, I worked at a store. There use to be a long # for example "7854(5)8694"  . That would have been a $5 winner. however if people scratched too hard over the 3 digit pin, I always knew the pin # was in the longer # in some form. It might have been backwards, but I could generally guess the pin to get the people the winnings.For example it might have been 496.  Today PA uses the 2D barcode and that is all that is needed. Good luck in getting enough of it scratched to verify a winner or not.  I agree with the above. Use a self check scanner if they have one or goto a place you trust and know well.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                The Ville, FL
                United States
                Member #95879
                August 19, 2010
                1708 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2011, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

TE, there are some people that only scratch the barcode, so you can got to a store and use the self check scanner to see if the ticket is a winner....do not give the ticket to the clerk scan it yourself.....

Just curious, do they have self check scanners for scratchers in your state? Here in FL, we must hand the ticket over to clerk to check. Our self check scanners only work for online games like PowerBall & Lotto

Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2011, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Just curious, do they have self check scanners for scratchers in your state? Here in FL, we must hand the ticket over to clerk to check. Our self check scanners only work for online games like PowerBall & Lotto

B$Rizzle I know Texas does, not sure about Oklahoma don't buy scratchers here........

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                    The Ville, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95879
                    August 19, 2010
                    1708 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2011, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

B$Rizzle I know Texas does, not sure about Oklahoma don't buy scratchers here........

Gotcha...I really wish we had them here. Would make things much easier. Sometimes I just want to double check my tickets before I toss them and would save alot of time

Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2011, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Gotcha...I really wish we had them here. Would make things much easier. Sometimes I just want to double check my tickets before I toss them and would save alot of time

I know what you mean, I like the fact that when I hand that ticket over I know I won ex=amount of money. I hate those stores that check the tickets for you but they have so much clutter around the register you can't see the amount....