Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Discouraging moments

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ConFig.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111427
May 25, 2011
21 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2011, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I know I will win the lottery some day, maybe not the jackpot, but a large sum of money. I’m pretty sure of it. But then there are these moments that just feel so discouraging. 

About a month ago I chose my new numbers for the local Cash 5 game, but it was a Sunday and it was pouring rain and I had no reason to leave the house other than get my lottery ticket. I ended up not going and sure enough I would have won my biggest win so far had I bought my ticket that day. THE ONE DAY I DIDN'T BUY MY TICKET since I started playing. I mean, com on? I’m still crying over that one. 

Then last weekend my BF matched 4 out of 5 numbers in Cash 5 and won $200. He has no system, just plays his families birthdays. And here I have this elaborate system of picking numbers that I spend hours on each week and the most I’ve won on a single game is $10 so far.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
    Dallas, TX
    United States
    Member #60284
    April 12, 2008
    3856 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2011, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Don't be discourage. The odds itself is discouraging. 1 out of billion. Keep at it, with system or not everyone with a ticket gets a chance.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2011, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

I know I will win the lottery some day, maybe not the jackpot, but a large sum of money. I’m pretty sure of it. But then there are these moments that just feel so discouraging. 

About a month ago I chose my new numbers for the local Cash 5 game, but it was a Sunday and it was pouring rain and I had no reason to leave the house other than get my lottery ticket. I ended up not going and sure enough I would have won my biggest win so far had I bought my ticket that day. THE ONE DAY I DIDN'T BUY MY TICKET since I started playing. I mean, com on? I’m still crying over that one. 

Then last weekend my BF matched 4 out of 5 numbers in Cash 5 and won $200. He has no system, just plays his families birthdays. And here I have this elaborate system of picking numbers that I spend hours on each week and the most I’ve won on a single game is $10 so far.

Sorry this happen to you ConFig don't be discouraged; your not the first person this has happen too and you won't be the last. Hang in there your time will come.....Thumbs Up

collegem$'s avatar - ts
        Disney Land
        United States
        Member #92265
        June 3, 2010
        6876 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2011, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Spend hours working and figuring it all out and still not be right. You hear stories of BF's and grandma's just saying " Well, I just played my licence plate and house number that day?" "A little bird just whispered in my ear."

Nothing about systems or working it out! Just did it and won!

I feel your pain. Hang in there! Genius comes to those who wait!!

Wear cute pajamas to bed...because you never know who you will meet in your dreams.

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40609 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2011, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Hang in there, it will be alright.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2011, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I'm not trying to be funny, but how do you know that you will win a large amount of money?

United States
              Member #111427
              May 25, 2011
              21 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2011, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I'm not trying to be funny, but how do you know that you will win a large amount of money?

Same way I knew my cat was going to die a couple of weeks earlier. I left him in Illinois with my mom when I moved to Colorado in 2008. He was 12 years old at the time and never handled moving well, and I only used to move within Chicagoland. I figured moving cross country would be really be bad for him so I left him in good hands, my mom has two cats of her own which he got a long with. 

A couple of weeks ago I got this feeling that I needed to go back to Chicago ASAP, if I didn’t, I wouldn’t see him again. I was just there over MDW. My cat passed away 17 hours after I left my mom's house back for Colorado. And when I finally arrived home (I drove and it took me 17 hours to get back to CO) I checked my cell phone just to see my mom's missed call and voice message... that's when I knew he was gone. I just knew. My mom, and my grandmother were the same way. I guess they call it "intuative". 

Things like that happen to me often, but the problem is, I don’t know the exact timing and trying to use it to win the lottery is not exactly easy. So many times I get a vibe for some numbers and play them in Power Ball, just to see them drawn in Mega Millions. I started playing Power Ball late last summer and out of the last 99 Power Ball games I have picked the winning Power Ball 21 times now. I actually have no idea if that’s good or average, or even bad. I play one power ball # per drawing, but three games, using different white balls. I'm a lot better at picking the winning power balls then the white balls, not sure why that is. 

What I’ve learned from looking at my notes is that I need to listen to those vibes that I get but too many times logic overrides them. I was just looking at my notes from yesterday when I was trying to figure out yesterday’s Power Ball numbers and looked at the numbers that had originally picked but then crossed off. My original notes had a bunch of possible power ball #’s on it, 31 was listed as well. As a matter of a fact 31 and 39 were my top picks, but after trying to choose which one I would play I settled on 36 instead because the last time 36 was drawn as a power ball it repeated 3x shortly after, 31 didn’t repeat so quickly. Reading the data on past draws made me change my power ball number. And out of all the overdue white balls, I had initially picked to play 38, but changed my mind and played 35 instead since 35 hasn’t been drawn since September 2010, and 38 was just drawn last in January. 

What I need to is just concentrate on picking the numbers I “feel” will be drawn and not do any further research on past draws. Thats easier said than done.