Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Now that PB and MM jackpots are at $20.0M and $15.0M

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19900 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Now that PB and MM jackpots are at $20.0M and $15.0M, some of the local games are looking more attractive.  One of those games is Ohio Classic Lotto with a jackpot of $33.3M and a cash value of $16.65M and odds of 1:14M of winning its jackpot. 

Games with cash values greater than the odds of winning don't happen often and aren't around very long before someone win them.

I'll be buying a ticket for Saturday's drawing and hoping to get lucky as I'm sure others will too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

OwlCreekBridge's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
    lottoville
    United States
    Member #95474
    August 11, 2010
    132 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2011, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Now that PB and MM jackpots are at $20.0M and $15.0M, some of the local games are looking more attractive.  One of those games is Ohio Classic Lotto with a jackpot of $33.3M and a cash value of $16.65M and odds of 1:14M of winning its jackpot. 

Games with cash values greater than the odds of winning don't happen often and aren't around very long before someone win them.

I'll be buying a ticket for Saturday's drawing and hoping to get lucky as I'm sure others will too.

From reading the message boards, it looks like you've been chasing that Ohio Classic jackpot for months. Hopefully you finally win it soon. Especially since I have no chance of playing the game myself unless I fly out to Ohio. Even the Mega usa market place link doesn't sell tickets for Ohio Classic.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19900 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2011, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

From reading the message boards, it looks like you've been chasing that Ohio Classic jackpot for months. Hopefully you finally win it soon. Especially since I have no chance of playing the game myself unless I fly out to Ohio. Even the Mega usa market place link doesn't sell tickets for Ohio Classic.

Its odds of winning the jackpot can be deceiving, it gives the illusion that winning a prize playing it is easier than winning one playing MM or PB but overall odds of winning a prizes playing those games are better.  The closest I ever came to winning a jackpot was matching 5of6 in a similar game, Super Lotto(6/49+1) nine years ago, so I've been in the hunt ever since except during the year Ohio had Lot'O Play.

Evil Looking       

lottoville
        United States
        Member #95474
        August 11, 2010
        132 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2011, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Its odds of winning the jackpot can be deceiving, it gives the illusion that winning a prize playing it is easier than winning one playing MM or PB but overall odds of winning a prizes playing those games are better.  The closest I ever came to winning a jackpot was matching 5of6 in a similar game, Super Lotto(6/49+1) nine years ago, so I've been in the hunt ever since except during the year Ohio had Lot'O Play.

so you were a digit away from being a millionaire? That's rough. The closest I ever got to being a millionaire was matching 4 out of 6 in the Oregon MegaBucks (6/48). I looked at my ticket and thought, "if I only had two more numbers I'd be set financially."

Ohio Classic Lotto is definitely the game I'd play right now if I had the choice but Ohio is thousands of miles away and the Mega USA marketplace isn't selling Ohio Classic Lotto tickets.

If you ever win it, you should mention LP on the interview so we know it was you.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: June 3, 2011, 3:29 am - IP Logged

I still maintain long odds themselves are deceiving.

Whether it be one in 200 million, one in 20 million, one in 20,000, one in 200, and even one in 20, the odds are if I had you pick one number one time, the odds are you won't hit it. I know the odds are obviously BETTER with one in 20, but it is still unlikely you will hit it.

I still get a good laugh about the people that only play when it is over 100 million dollars, like they can't live on 20 million (~10 mill after taxes)???

LOL

United States
            Member #15347
            May 14, 2005
            20 Posts
            Posted: June 3, 2011, 4:04 am - IP Logged

superlotto ca

i missed 13 mil by one number had# 30 instead of #39

including 4 numbers and a mega number  good for 1400 dlls

lottoville
              United States
              Member #95474
              August 11, 2010
              132 Posts
              Posted: June 3, 2011, 5:14 am - IP Logged

superlotto ca

i missed 13 mil by one number had# 30 instead of #39

including 4 numbers and a mega number  good for 1400 dlls

I've never been anywhere near that close. Did you pick the numbers yourself?

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #104853
                January 21, 2011
                159 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2011, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Agreed.  Hoosier Lottery is at $21.5 mil which is only a little more than Powerball right now but you're talking odds of 12 million vs 195 million.  I won a free QP with Wednesday's drawing  but I'm wondering if I should also by a self pick when I go out tomorrow.

Canada
                  Member #68663
                  December 27, 2008
                  260 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2011, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

The Ohio Classic lottery jackpot is currently the second largest jackpot in the world. If Euro Millions is won this evening, then it will be in the number one spot. Interesting.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1958 Posts
                    Posted: June 4, 2011, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

I got my Hoosier Lotto tickets. I'm gonna win $21,500,000 tonight.Smile

Gonna win.Big Smile

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #104853
                      January 21, 2011
                      159 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2011, 10:35 am - IP Logged

HL $22 mil

MM $24 mil

PB $25 mil

Everything's pretty much Even Stevens in Indiana right now.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19900 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2011, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I got my Hoosier Lotto tickets. I'm gonna win $21,500,000 tonight.Smile

Well, you'll get another chance Wednesday and I'll be trying Ohio Classic Lotto again tomorrow while it's still the largest jackpot in the country.  I'm surprised Hoosier Lotto hasn't added Monday drawings.

Before PB came to Ohio and I drove to Indiana for tickets, I thought about playing the Hoosier Lotto but only got as far as starting a data file.  That data file come in handy for testing some of my theories for winning but so far my theories work better in hind sight.

Evil Looking