Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

It's Time for BIG JUMBO

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by tiparker119.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Seattle Wa.
United States
Member #110461
May 4, 2011
10 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2011, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

With so many people playing Powerball and Mega Millions and with each jackpot being hit more and more often I would like to see Powerball and Mega Millions make some changes so that we can get bigger jackpots more often.
$200,$300,$400 million or more would create more excitement for all of the players.

I don't know if PB or MM are planning on making any changes in 2011 so that we can get bigger jackpots or not.

So I thought I would toss this idea at you guys and see what you think.

I would call this new game BIG JUMBO.
It would be drawn on Sunday night at 10:00pm EST.(Once a week)
One ticket would cost $2.00 or you could buy three tickets for $5.00 or $1.67 a ticket.
You would pick 6 numbers between 1 and 60.
And then you would pick 1 number between 1 and 60.
It's like PB or MM but you are picking 6 numbers in the first matrix instead of 5.

Hopefully the jackpot would start at around $20-$25 million and grow from there and it would be nice to get all of the MM and PB states to join.

PB and MM have become dull and boring with the jackpot being won so often.

Any thoughts?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 9, 2011, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, 195 million to one is too easy. Let's make it harder. I'm tired of winning all the time.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2011, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

With so many people playing Powerball and Mega Millions and with each jackpot being hit more and more often I would like to see Powerball and Mega Millions make some changes so that we can get bigger jackpots more often.
      $200,$300,$400 million or more would create more excitement for all of the players.

I don't know if PB or MM are planning on making any changes in 2011 so that we can get bigger jackpots or not.

So I thought I would toss this idea at you guys and see what you think.

I would call this new game BIG JUMBO.
      It would be drawn on Sunday night at 10:00pm EST.(Once a week)
      One ticket would cost $2.00 or you could buy three tickets for $5.00 or $1.67 a ticket.
      You would pick 6 numbers between 1 and 60.
      And then you would pick 1 number between 1 and 60.
      It's like PB or MM but you are picking 6 numbers in the first matrix instead of 5.

Hopefully the jackpot would start at around $20-$25 million and grow from there and it would be nice to get all of the MM and PB states to join.

PB and MM have become dull and boring with the jackpot being won so often.

Any thoughts?

Maybe if you were one of those players who bought a ticket when the jackpots were low, you might be one of those winners who won when the jackpots were low.  It's those players who make the large jackpots possible.  Make it almost impossible to win when the jackpots reset to $12M and $15M and the games will die.

Twenty years ago Ohio had the best lottery game in the area when some locals got upset about out of state players winning Ohio jackpots of $40 to $60M.  Ohio came up with a rule that limited the amount one ticket could win to $20M regardless of the  advertised jackpot.  Ohioans soon found out jackpots of $40-$60M were caused by the number of out of state players and when they stopped coming to Ohio the large jackpots ended.  Ohio got rid of that rule six months later but never attracted the number of players it once did and finally added MegaMillions and PowerBall trying to recover.

Today the local game has a jackpot of $30M+ and hasn't been won in over a year but probably when it is won it will be by a local.  Mean while, in order to participate in MM and PB, Ohio contribute 32% of their sales to their jackpots which are usually won by players in another state.

Facts are to attract players compromises have to be made and  lottery games with large jackpots can't exist with just the participation of unique groups of players such as those who only play when the jackpots are large or those from a particular state.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40566 Posts
        Posted: June 9, 2011, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, 195 million to one is too easy. Let's make it harder. I'm tired of winning all the time.

Yeah, I agree, How about a game thats easier to win and we call it

'THIS WEEKS MILLIONAIRE"

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Texas
          United States
          Member #83129
          November 29, 2009
          65 Posts
          Posted: June 9, 2011, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

'THIS WEEKS MILLIONAIRE"

I agree Sully16! A Weekly Million would be nice! Maybe let grow to no more than 20 million. There are lots of players, me included, would settle for that. I think that would attract more players also.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10353 Posts
            Posted: June 9, 2011, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Itsonly$

A 6 + 1 game with two 60 number matrixes?

You might want to rename such a game "I want to play lotto but I don't have a clue" instead of BIG JUMBO.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tiparker119's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg
              TyKi
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #80456
              September 27, 2009
              92 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2011, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

'THIS WEEKS MILLIONAIRE"

I agree with you Sully....make more MILLIONAIRES...!!!!

"Those  Who  Bring  SunShine  To  The Lives  Of  Others.....Cannot  Keep  It  From  Themselves"