Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you had $500 to spend on Lottery Tickets...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Jomacinrow's avatar - f6cb44d1c9
Dublin, GA
United States
Member #112083
June 10, 2011
22 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2011, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

How would you spend/manage it to get the best bang for your buck?

For Example: What types/specific drawings and/or methods would you use? (IE: Instant win games, Drawings, Quick Picks, Monetary Value of Plays, Odds in Winning, Megapliers/Power Plays, ETC.)??

To Start for me, I would: Buy 500 Mega Million (Quick Pics on White/MB hand picked), No Megaplier for Year's worth of drawings  at 5 plays a drawing. (50 weeks, few weeks short) This is a good bang for your buck method because of five plays a drawing (10 plays a week), you would have ALOT of drawings ot hit big wihout the higher price if you use Megaplier is much less after factoring in Return on Investment (ROI)??

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
    Constitutional Money Is Real Money
    Brick City
    United States
    Member #1216
    March 3, 2003
    1762 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2011, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

The odds in the Jackpot games are way to high to just blow $500 on tickets, even if it is over a 1 yr timeframe.

IMHO, you would be better off playing the Pick-3 or Pick-4 games.

There are many, many very good systems available for free right here on LP that can turn a $500 bankroll into at least $2500 in a years time with good judgement, keen knowledge of your states game and good bankroll management (only risk %1 or less of your bankroll on any 1 bet).

Jackpot games are fun to play for a buck or two, but the Pick-3 and Pick-4 games are where the real money is made.

Good luck 2 U.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
    Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
    Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
    himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2011, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

If I had $500 and I had to spend it on lottery tickets I would spread them out amongst Mega Millions, Powerball and Texas Lotto for throughout the year. No way I would spend a ton on just one drawing.

Los Angeles, CA
        United States
        Member #97910
        September 26, 2010
        278 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2011, 4:38 am - IP Logged

Hmmm...probably not the best "bang for buck", but this is how I'd blow $500 on lotto tickets if I could

- 1 set of numbers for Mega Millions for the whole year. 52 weeks/year, 2 drawings/week = $104

- $96 for a variety of scratchers

- $150 on a Fantasy 5 drawing, only when the jackpot is $300,000+ though

- $150 on a Mega Millions drawing, when jackpot is $25 million+

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #33719
          February 24, 2006
          705 Posts
          Posted: June 11, 2011, 5:04 am - IP Logged

How would you spend/manage it ($500) to get the best bang for your buck?

===========================================================

I'd spend it all on one Powerball longshot tonight.

500 White Ball quickpicks, with Powerball 28 on all tickets for tonights draw.

May not be the best bang for the buck, but it could be a nice bang if PB 28 came in.

Easy Come, Easy Go!!

Wooddrive's avatar - Lottery-046.jpg
            Delco PA
            United States
            Member #80104
            September 16, 2009
            194 Posts
            Posted: June 11, 2011, 6:50 am - IP Logged

The odds in the Jackpot games are way to high to just blow $500 on tickets, even if it is over a 1 yr timeframe.

There are many, many very good systems available for free right here on LP that can turn a $500 bankroll into at least $2500 in a years time with good judgement, keen knowledge of your states game and good bankroll management (only risk %1 or less of your bankroll on any 1 bet).

Jackpot games are fun to play for a buck or two, but the Pick-3 and Pick-4 games are where the real money is made.

Good luck 2 U.

you're a smart person, i agree. jackpot games are longshots. i can remember back in early 2000's when the powerball was in the 300m range, a customer driving a shiny porsche walked in and slapped 3 hundred dollar bills and ask for powerball tixs. guess what he didn't win the jackpot. wasted money for holding a few more numbers. 

you might not get rich overnight, but play the  right 3 or 4 digit and put $5 or $10 dollar straight on a number and you will come out ahead. gl.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40348 Posts
              Posted: June 11, 2011, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Powerball all the way.Sun Smiley

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: June 11, 2011, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I would mix it up a little..... maybe some Powerball, Texas 2 Step, Texas lotto and Scratchers.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
                  Nashville, TN
                  United States
                  Member #86739
                  February 9, 2010
                  483 Posts
                  Posted: June 11, 2011, 10:53 am - IP Logged

you're a smart person, i agree. jackpot games are longshots. i can remember back in early 2000's when the powerball was in the 300m range, a customer driving a shiny porsche walked in and slapped 3 hundred dollar bills and ask for powerball tixs. guess what he didn't win the jackpot. wasted money for holding a few more numbers. 

you might not get rich overnight, but play the  right 3 or 4 digit and put $5 or $10 dollar straight on a number and you will come out ahead. gl.

Wooddrive, did you happen to check to see if anyone in your state won the $10,000 or $200,000 prize after this? He didnt win the jackpot but he may have won a large prize or maybe even hit 100 a time or 2.

Most likely he didnt, but it does make you wonder how much, if ANY he won on that. The most I've ever seen any one person buy at a time, about 2 years ago it was in the high 200m range and a guy walked in and bought $80 worth of tickets, all qp's I think. He did not win the jackpot and I doubt he won any larger prize either because I never saw it advertized in the store.

For me, if I had 500 to blow on lottery I would mix it up a bit on MM and PB, depending on the jackpot amounts.

Then I'd get a 100 or 2 of scratch offs.

Id probably spend about 50 0n Tennessee Cash drawing, if the jackpot was 400,000 or more.

And lastly throw some money at the cash 4.

Jomacinrow's avatar - f6cb44d1c9
                    Dublin, GA
                    United States
                    Member #112083
                    June 10, 2011
                    22 Posts
                    Posted: June 12, 2011, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Good luck 2 U.

Turning $500 bankroll for Lottery into $2500+ within a year? Pleae explain/elobrate or is this trade sercets?

Seems like a topic/thread all by itself! ;)

Delco PA
                      United States
                      Member #80104
                      September 16, 2009
                      194 Posts
                      Posted: June 12, 2011, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Wooddrive, did you happen to check to see if anyone in your state won the $10,000 or $200,000 prize after this? He didnt win the jackpot but he may have won a large prize or maybe even hit 100 a time or 2.

Most likely he didnt, but it does make you wonder how much, if ANY he won on that. The most I've ever seen any one person buy at a time, about 2 years ago it was in the high 200m range and a guy walked in and bought $80 worth of tickets, all qp's I think. He did not win the jackpot and I doubt he won any larger prize either because I never saw it advertized in the store.

For me, if I had 500 to blow on lottery I would mix it up a bit on MM and PB, depending on the jackpot amounts.

Then I'd get a 100 or 2 of scratch offs.

Id probably spend about 50 0n Tennessee Cash drawing, if the jackpot was 400,000 or more.

And lastly throw some money at the cash 4.

i didn't check the 10k or 200k win but, i know for a fact he didn't win anything larger than 100k because i would have known as i was the store owner and would have been notified of a bonus. 

i can also remember one time when this guy walked in and slap a hundred on a pick 3 because he dreamt it. well, he also didn't win because i slapped a whole dollar on that number too. lol      its mostly luck and timing because i do remember seeing an article on lottery post about a guy hitting $100 on big4 because he dreamt it.  as for hitting pb or mega, i don't know how anyone can honestly predict that many combinations even with 20 years of back history. don't let my post get you down, i'm just keeping it real. 

as for p3 p4 cash5 , i think there are people on here who really have an edge vs the average joe who plays hoping for a hit. it takes a lot of effort and discipline knowing when to play big or not. we all know the odds of heads or tails on a coin toss of 100. should come out 50 tails and 50 heads in the end but things tend to run in cycles.  gl

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: June 12, 2011, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

i didn't check the 10k or 200k win but, i know for a fact he didn't win anything larger than 100k because i would have known as i was the store owner and would have been notified of a bonus. 

i can also remember one time when this guy walked in and slap a hundred on a pick 3 because he dreamt it. well, he also didn't win because i slapped a whole dollar on that number too. lol      its mostly luck and timing because i do remember seeing an article on lottery post about a guy hitting $100 on big4 because he dreamt it.  as for hitting pb or mega, i don't know how anyone can honestly predict that many combinations even with 20 years of back history. don't let my post get you down, i'm just keeping it real. 

as for p3 p4 cash5 , i think there are people on here who really have an edge vs the average joe who plays hoping for a hit. it takes a lot of effort and discipline knowing when to play big or not. we all know the odds of heads or tails on a coin toss of 100. should come out 50 tails and 50 heads in the end but things tend to run in cycles.  gl

"i can also remember one time when this guy walked in and slap a hundred on a pick 3 because he dreamt it. well, he also didn't win because i slapped a whole dollar on that number too."

Oh man, your bad karma probably killed his good luck! lol

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #93503
                          July 1, 2010
                          453 Posts
                          Posted: June 12, 2011, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Pick 3/Pick 4. Clearly those are the only game's you can actually win something in.. although I don't seem to win :D lol

Delco PA
                            United States
                            Member #80104
                            September 16, 2009
                            194 Posts
                            Posted: June 12, 2011, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

"i can also remember one time when this guy walked in and slap a hundred on a pick 3 because he dreamt it. well, he also didn't win because i slapped a whole dollar on that number too."

Oh man, your bad karma probably killed his good luck! lol

laughing really loud, your probably right, but i had to put something on it.   oh, did i mention he was half drunk at the time. lol

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
                              Constitutional Money Is Real Money
                              Brick City
                              United States
                              Member #1216
                              March 3, 2003
                              1762 Posts
                              Posted: June 14, 2011, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Turning $500 bankroll for Lottery into $2500+ within a year? Pleae explain/elobrate or is this trade sercets?

Seems like a topic/thread all by itself! ;)

Ok, since you asked, here is a simple method.

First let's talk about money management. With a $500 bankroll it is wise to only bet with 1 or 2 percent of that bankroll at ony one time. 1% of $500 is $5 and 2% of $500 is $10. Let's use the 2% limit to make the math a little easier.

Ok, now lets talk about the method we will use to make our predictions.

First you MUST be familiar with the game you are going to play. Suggestion: only play 1 state's game.

Next, Decide if you are going to play Pick-3 or Pick-4. Suggestion play Pick-3, the odds are in your favor.

Finally, If the state you are going to play has both a midday and evening draw, PICK ONE DRAW and stick with it, don't jump between midday and evening. NOTE: Jumping between draws will suck down your bankroll faster than Obama grabbing his golf clubs on a Friday afternoon.

Ok, were are set: Pick-3, evening draw, $10 per play, Box bets to begin with. (evening draw is just for this discussion's sake).

Now, how to play? There are many, many good systems here at LP, but I have found that tracking pairs in the Pick-3 game is the quickest way to rack up box (and a few straight) hits quickly. If your selection of a pair is correct you only need to "predict" one number. Of course, you can pick more than 1 pair to play, but you have to stay within the $10 per bet budget. I have personally been correct many times with my pair and narrowed down my "predicted" siingle to three of the 0-9 available. Then I played those 3 combos $1 box 3 times each and won $240 when one of my combos hit. $9 wagered, $240 won. I do this week in and week out, but remember, I know my states game VERY well.

Ok, let's say you know your state's game and you have had success at picking winning pairs ON PAPER.

To make a weekly profit, you need to make more than $70 per week ($10 per day for 7 days) that means you need at least 1 $1 box win each week to stay in profit (a no match box win pays $80 in a non-parimutual state. $160 for a double $1 box win).

If your are not at the point where you can hit 1 box win each week ON PAPER, you are not ready to use this method to make money.

If you can get that 1 win each week your bankroll will grow. As the bank roll grows you will be betting more as time goes on because of the 2% betting limit. The stronger your are at picking the correct pair, the more money you will make. $2500 in a year is conservative if you can pick the pairs correctly.

As long as you manage your bankroll correctly you will make money.

Catching a double is especially nice and boosts the bankroll quickly.

Play on paper until you can predict 1 winner each week.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
                              Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                              (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
                              Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
                              himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein