Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it possible to buy an YEAR WORTH OF DRAWINGS/PLAYS on...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by GYM RICE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jomacinrow's avatar - f6cb44d1c9
Dublin, GA
United States
Member #112083
June 10, 2011
22 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2011, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

single play slip/transaction?

I noticed mega millions has plays up to 26 consective drawings on a playslip (that is half a year), is it possible for any lotto ticket in any state for you to buy a Year's worth of drawing/plays on a single transaction??

Thanks for info.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2011, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

I noticed mega millions has plays up to 26 consective drawings on a playslip (that is half a year), is it possible for any lotto ticket in any state for you to buy a Year's worth of drawing/plays on a single transaction??

Thanks for info.

I've heard you can get a year's worth in Illinois.

That kind of thing has been ruled Satanic in Tennessee though.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7297 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2011, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

I've heard you can get a year's worth in Illinois.

That kind of thing has been ruled Satanic in Tennessee though.

Until a week ago, we could get a ticket for the next 14 Cash Ball drawings but for some unknown reason, we can only the next drawing now. I've never seen the logic for not allowing players to play a year in advance. That's 104 drawings and the lottery can put that money in the bank. I can sort of see the logic in states where a ticket must be validated within six months, but very few states sell advanced tickets for even six months.

If you want to see your numbers hit, just take a vacation to another state; you can't play them and they are almost guaranteed to hit.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2011, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for info.

There are two Mega Millions drawings a week so the 26 draws is only 13 weeks, not half a year.

rdgrnr is right about Illinois for year (also half a year), but those are subscription tickets via the phone or website with a credit card, not tickets from a playslip. Of course if you do that you are locked into those numbers for a year, and when they go cold you might think, "What did I do that for?"

From the Illinois lottery website (In yellow background):

Can I buy tickets in advance?

Not a problem. Powerball, Lotto, Mega Millions, and Little Lotto tickets can be purchased in advance for up to 15 consecutive drawings. Pick 3 and Pick 4 tickets can be purchased for seven days in advance. Talk about thinking ahead! Just tell your ticket agent you want Advance Play.

HOW TO START A LOTTERY SUBSCRIPTION

Mega Millions

1. You get 1 game per $1 played per drawing. You can play up to five games each drawing with your subscription.

2. Pick five numbers from 1 to 56 and one Mega Ball number from 1 to 46. Or you can choose a Quick Pick, and let the computer draw random numbers for you.

3. Pick the number of drawings you want to play. Subscribe for 26 weeks and receive one of those weeks free.  Subscribe for 52 weeks and receive 2 of those weeks free!

I track Little Lotto everyday (it's played everyday) and in five years of doing so I think I've seen maybe six subscription ticckets win. I don't know if I've ever seen a subscription winner for the state Pick 6.

On the 5+1 games, PB and MM, the number of advanced plays allowed varies state by state.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2011, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Until a week ago, we could get a ticket for the next 14 Cash Ball drawings but for some unknown reason, we can only the next drawing now. I've never seen the logic for not allowing players to play a year in advance. That's 104 drawings and the lottery can put that money in the bank. I can sort of see the logic in states where a ticket must be validated within six months, but very few states sell advanced tickets for even six months.

If you want to see your numbers hit, just take a vacation to another state; you can't play them and they are almost guaranteed to hit.

That usually means that they're changing the game when they won't let you buy the usual number of advances.   As soon as the change has been made, they'll  usually let you go back to getting advances.  At least that's how they do it here.

NH
            United States
            Member #83352
            December 5, 2009
            223 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2011, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if anyone has ever won the big Jackpot with a subscription? I personally hate the thought of anyone having my info and pre-set numbers before claiming a jackpot if won.