Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The End Game

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by JKING.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1184 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2011, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

So you have created a lottery system to eliminate numbers and combinations to improve the odds of winning. And after it is all said and done, there are way too many solutions left. This seems to be a reoccurring comment in a lot of threads with few topics, if any, that addresses the “end game”, or remaining solutions. Hopefully, this will help you in eliminating those pesky last solutions to your system.

My following comments will address pick 5 games with any bonus ball not being addressed. As always, I will put forth one point of view that is welcomed to be commented on. And of course, any other strategy is welcome.

Eliminate combinations with the minimum amount of error.

It might help if I gave you some idea of my approach. I start with 100% filters. That is, all historically tracked positional values are included as valid. The next step is to analyze the data to eliminateobviouslyskewed values. Using these two methods, I can eliminate approximately 80% of the combinations with only a 5% chance that I’ve eliminated the winning combination. Please don’t ask about the 20 filters I use to obtain this. I’m more interested I putting a method than specific details of my system.

Establish a rating method in your system.

The next step is to run all the combinations of a lottery game with the above filters. While the program is running, it accumulates how many times each individual lottery number occurs in all the filtered solutions. Then give each lottery number a rating based on highest to lowest values. By doing this, another positional filter has been created.

Reduce combinations is steps - based on groups.

Because I track each of my filters and update after every draw, I can see the historicaldistribution. Rather, than picking out individual peak values at this point, I find the highest percentagerangesof my filters and use that as an additional filter. If, the data is too dispersed it is not used as a filter.

Reduce combinations is steps - based on peak values.

Next, I use OBVIOUS , not marginally high, peak values from the historical tracking values from each filter. If the historical data does not have any stand out and slap you in the face peak values, don’t use it.

So, basically, this overall approach is to reduce combinations in steps based upon the amount of error produced by each successive step. The last thing you want to do is eliminate the winning combination from your next prediction if possible.

This is a good starter…..How do you bite the bullet for resolving those last combinations?

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

FL
    United States
    Member #93841
    July 8, 2010
    576 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2011, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Can you please show a step by step example of "The Endgame"?

I use to use filters but I ran into a long streak of bad filtering so I stopped using them....How exactly do you give them a rating?

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

United States
      Member #5599
      July 13, 2004
      1184 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2011, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Can you please show a step by step example of "The Endgame"?

I use to use filters but I ran into a long streak of bad filtering so I stopped using them....How exactly do you give them a rating?

Hi,

The end game is more or less outlined above. Start with the least amount of risk and whittle the combinations down by taking ever increasing risk of eliminating the winning combination. The problem with filters is that you have to be very selective in the boundary conditions for each filter. If you run 20+ filters like I do, invariably lower values in one, if not in several filters, will occur. So you start will 100% filters with elimination of only the most skewed values…..

BALLNUM=39 FOR A 5/39 GAME

FOR A=1 TO (BALLNUM-4)

FOR B=A+1 TO (BALLNUM-3)

FOR C=B+1 TO (BALLNUM-2)

FOR D=C+1 TO (BALLNUM-1)

FOR E=D+1 TO BALLNUM

REM 100% FILTERS

IF THE #1 FILTER IS OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARY CONDITIONS THEN GOTO [SKIP1]

IF THE #2 FILTER IS OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARY CONDITIONS THEN GOTO [SKIP1]

REM ACCUMMULATE/SUMMARIZE RESULTS

ACCUMALL1(A)=ACCUMALL1(A)+1

ACCUMALL2(B)=ACCUMALL2(B)+1

ACCUMALL3(C)=ACCUMALL3(C)+1

ACCUMALL4(D)=ACCUMALL4(D)+1

ACCUMALL5(E)=ACCUMALL5(E)+1

[SKIP1]

NEXT E

NEXT D

NEXT C

NEXT B

NEXT A

After accumulating the amount of hits for each lottery number , you should end up with something like this. Yes quite a few simple programming have not been included. Anyway, you can now track the ratings in your system.

LN

POS1

POS2

POS3

POS4

POS5

TOT

RATING

AND SO ON TIL YOU GET TO 39

Record your results in excel and use the min max for each column to create your next positional filter.

100% RATING METHOD

A side note: the above rating table is a great way to help you calibrate your system. The lower the values are, the more accurate your system has become. On the flip side, if 39 shows up, one of your filter boundary conditions has been exceeded.   For examples sake, for the next level of filtering (higher risk) look at column 3. …the only number to be filtered out of the group is 37 (because it is obvious skewed from the rest of the results.

Now for me, I run a second loop within the same program, so that I get accumulated hit values for a first pass (100% filters) and a separate set of accumulated hit values for the second pass (group filters and peak value filters). The key is finding the lowest percentage error with greatest reduction in combinations. The nice thing about 100% filters is that you can have as many filters that you can think of and get the combination reduction with little to no error (that is, not eliminating the winning combination).

I hope this helps

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2011, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

JKING

80% reduction with only a 5% failure rate is great, yet cash 5 and other jackpot kind of games have too many combinations to reduce from the full total combinations, maybe not as bad if you eliminate from a reduced field of numbers.

You probably have been able to do that, because you are making your own software and you know about filtration, that can be a "Winning Combination".

And yet you seem to be asking about how to reduce even more, well maybe prediction and filtration-reduction should go together, if you don't have to reduce from the total numbers and combinations there will be fewer combinations in the end, otherwise maybe more and or better filters are needed.

I don't know anything about your system nor do I know enough about filtration, because I can't try any possible filtration ideas that I might have to see how effective they might or not be.

And no don't tell me about filtration using your system as I probably would not be able to understand it without full detailed instructions and the software programs and it is much better for you to keep all of the above to yourself and anyhow even with all of that I might still not be able to help you.

People seem to believe more in prediction than in filtration when it comes to jackpot kind of games due to the so very many combinations, I believe in both.

Good Luck!

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
          Member #5599
          July 13, 2004
          1184 Posts
          Posted: June 15, 2011, 1:25 am - IP Logged

JKING

80% reduction with only a 5% failure rate is great, yet cash 5 and other jackpot kind of games have too many combinations to reduce from the full total combinations, maybe not as bad if you eliminate from a reduced field of numbers.

You probably have been able to do that, because you are making your own software and you know about filtration, that can be a "Winning Combination".

And yet you seem to be asking about how to reduce even more, well maybe prediction and filtration-reduction should go together, if you don't have to reduce from the total numbers and combinations there will be fewer combinations in the end, otherwise maybe more and or better filters are needed.

I don't know anything about your system nor do I know enough about filtration, because I can't try any possible filtration ideas that I might have to see how effective they might or not be.

And no don't tell me about filtration using your system as I probably would not be able to understand it without full detailed instructions and the software programs and it is much better for you to keep all of the above to yourself and anyhow even with all of that I might still not be able to help you.

People seem to believe more in prediction than in filtration when it comes to jackpot kind of games due to the so very many combinations, I believe in both.

Good Luck!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I opened this thread because it is a topic that doesn't appear to have been covered very well since I have been coming to the LP. And yet, it is a reoccurring condition that alot of members here have running into. So, I've submitted a stepwise and measured method on one way to approach the problem. Hopefully, other will offer other methods concerning how the address the problem.

Like most here, I have a ways to go with my aprroach, have made several small wins at a rate that is greater than I should be able to do against the odds, and have yet to turn it around to a profitable method. With any luck, some will find merit in what I've said and can use part of it in thier own systems.

As always, any suggestions or comments are welcome.

FL
            United States
            Member #93841
            July 8, 2010
            576 Posts
            Posted: June 15, 2011, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Hi,

The end game is more or less outlined above. Start with the least amount of risk and whittle the combinations down by taking ever increasing risk of eliminating the winning combination. The problem with filters is that you have to be very selective in the boundary conditions for each filter. If you run 20+ filters like I do, invariably lower values in one, if not in several filters, will occur. So you start will 100% filters with elimination of only the most skewed values…..

BALLNUM=39 FOR A 5/39 GAME

FOR A=1 TO (BALLNUM-4)

FOR B=A+1 TO (BALLNUM-3)

FOR C=B+1 TO (BALLNUM-2)

FOR D=C+1 TO (BALLNUM-1)

FOR E=D+1 TO BALLNUM

REM 100% FILTERS

IF THE #1 FILTER IS OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARY CONDITIONS THEN GOTO [SKIP1]

IF THE #2 FILTER IS OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARY CONDITIONS THEN GOTO [SKIP1]

REM ACCUMMULATE/SUMMARIZE RESULTS

ACCUMALL1(A)=ACCUMALL1(A)+1

ACCUMALL2(B)=ACCUMALL2(B)+1

ACCUMALL3(C)=ACCUMALL3(C)+1

ACCUMALL4(D)=ACCUMALL4(D)+1

ACCUMALL5(E)=ACCUMALL5(E)+1

[SKIP1]

NEXT E

NEXT D

NEXT C

NEXT B

NEXT A

After accumulating the amount of hits for each lottery number , you should end up with something like this. Yes quite a few simple programming have not been included. Anyway, you can now track the ratings in your system.

LN

POS1

POS2

POS3

POS4

POS5

TOT

RATING

AND SO ON TIL YOU GET TO 39

Record your results in excel and use the min max for each column to create your next positional filter.

100% RATING METHOD

A side note: the above rating table is a great way to help you calibrate your system. The lower the values are, the more accurate your system has become. On the flip side, if 39 shows up, one of your filter boundary conditions has been exceeded.   For examples sake, for the next level of filtering (higher risk) look at column 3. …the only number to be filtered out of the group is 37 (because it is obvious skewed from the rest of the results.

Now for me, I run a second loop within the same program, so that I get accumulated hit values for a first pass (100% filters) and a separate set of accumulated hit values for the second pass (group filters and peak value filters). The key is finding the lowest percentage error with greatest reduction in combinations. The nice thing about 100% filters is that you can have as many filters that you can think of and get the combination reduction with little to no error (that is, not eliminating the winning combination).

I hope this helps

Thank you for replying because I was understanding something totally different when I read your original post.

How would you incorporate this information in to a pick 3/pick4??

I'm sorry if you have already explained it as clear as possible, but I took a glimpse at the information you posted and I have not seen data distributed like that before.  It's probably because I stay away from the larger games since the odds of winning are a bit ridiculous for me to handle.

I will go back and read everything you posted to see if I can pick it up......

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

United States
              Member #5599
              July 13, 2004
              1184 Posts
              Posted: June 15, 2011, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for replying because I was understanding something totally different when I read your original post.

How would you incorporate this information in to a pick 3/pick4??

I'm sorry if you have already explained it as clear as possible, but I took a glimpse at the information you posted and I have not seen data distributed like that before.  It's probably because I stay away from the larger games since the odds of winning are a bit ridiculous for me to handle.

I will go back and read everything you posted to see if I can pick it up......

Hi,

Sorry, I don't play the pick3 or pick 4 games. Since I haven't done any anylysis on those games, it would be silly for me to give advice. However, there are alot of good people and ideas at the LP to help you.

By the way, you are partially right, my methods are a break form the norm at the LP. I visit almost every day and watch what is going on. My sense is that overall methods keep getting kicked around over and over .......with generally the same results. So, I've decided to take/try some different paths. Like Jade who has to play out all the statistical formulas before he's convinced, I'll play the prementioned system out until I'm convinced.

Good Luck with whatever you create. *S*

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2011, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Sorry, I don't play the pick3 or pick 4 games. Since I haven't done any anylysis on those games, it would be silly for me to give advice. However, there are alot of good people and ideas at the LP to help you.

By the way, you are partially right, my methods are a break form the norm at the LP. I visit almost every day and watch what is going on. My sense is that overall methods keep getting kicked around over and over .......with generally the same results. So, I've decided to take/try some different paths. Like Jade who has to play out all the statistical formulas before he's convinced, I'll play the prementioned system out until I'm convinced.

Good Luck with whatever you create. *S*

Maybe you should start tackling the p-3 game.

You gotta crawl and walk before you run...

Why would someone attempt to predict something that is dozens, or hundreds of times  harder than the p-3?

For the life of me, I've never understood this logic.

United States
                  Member #5599
                  July 13, 2004
                  1184 Posts
                  Posted: June 16, 2011, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Maybe you should start tackling the p-3 game.

You gotta crawl and walk before you run...

Why would someone attempt to predict something that is dozens, or hundreds of times  harder than the p-3?

For the life of me, I've never understood this logic.

Hi,

I look at it from this point...Winning the first or second prize in one of the big jackpot games is a life changing event.  Winning at pick 3/4, even though nice, is not a life changing event. As far as the complexities and odds of harder games, it makes me want to do them that much more. *S*

This is one of those topics at the LP where the members fall into different camps. The nice thing here is that there is room for everybody, reguardless preference.

Best of Luck