Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How does Jackpot Self Service Machine works

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by djklaugh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2011, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing lottery for a while now but I always play scratch tickets, never play Jackpots. How does Jackpot self service machine works? Do I insert money, puch in some numbers and get my ticket?

Los Angeles, CA
    United States
    Member #97910
    September 26, 2010
    278 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2011, 12:15 am - IP Logged

That's pretty much it. Most machines also accept playslips, which is a lot easier than punching in numbers on the touch screen, especially if you're playing several lines

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2011, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I don't think the machines in Idaho have touch screens.  You need a playslip filled out if you don't want a quick pick.  And of course the last time I tried a playslip the machine was broken and wouldn't take it so ended up with a quick pick anyway.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2011, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing lottery for a while now but I always play scratch tickets, never play Jackpots. How does Jackpot self service machine works? Do I insert money, puch in some numbers and get my ticket?

Self service machines? What are those? Scanners? Never heard of em!

I'm from TN though, the backwater swamp of lotteries.

I've asked them when they're going to get them and they always ask the same thing: "Would you like us to put it on the suggestion list?" I say yes and then they say "Thank you for calling the Tennessee Education Lottery" and go back to their crack pipes or whatever they were doing before I interrupted them.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2011, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Self service machines? What are those? Scanners? Never heard of em!

I'm from TN though, the backwater swamp of lotteries.

I've asked them when they're going to get them and they always ask the same thing: "Would you like us to put it on the suggestion list?" I say yes and then they say "Thank you for calling the Tennessee Education Lottery" and go back to their crack pipes or whatever they were doing before I interrupted them.

They're big ole vending machines.  Idaho's sell all the online games (Powerball, Megamillions, Wild Card, etc.) and a bunch of scratch offs, tho not as many as the c-store counters usually sell.  They also have scanners that will actually tell you the value of your ticket.  The stand-alone scanners that all the stores have tell you if you have a winner, but it doesn't tell you how much. 

One big problem with Idaho's vending machines is that you can't tell if you can get a draw game until you put your money in.  I guess sometimes the machine is out of paper to print them on, so you put your $$$ in and none of the online games light up.  There are no refunds so you have to spend your $$$ on scratch offs whether you want them or not.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2011, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

They're big ole vending machines.  Idaho's sell all the online games (Powerball, Megamillions, Wild Card, etc.) and a bunch of scratch offs, tho not as many as the c-store counters usually sell.  They also have scanners that will actually tell you the value of your ticket.  The stand-alone scanners that all the stores have tell you if you have a winner, but it doesn't tell you how much. 

One big problem with Idaho's vending machines is that you can't tell if you can get a draw game until you put your money in.  I guess sometimes the machine is out of paper to print them on, so you put your $$$ in and none of the online games light up.  There are no refunds so you have to spend your $$$ on scratch offs whether you want them or not.

Oh man, that's something that some people only allow vending machines to do to them one time - ripping them off.

I've heard with some people (not me of course!) if the owner (whoever it is) doesn't get the machine (whatever it is) repaired after the first time, the repairs are much costlier the second time it rips them off.

That machine needs to tell people that you can't buy what you want before you put your money in or refund your money.

--Edmund Burke

mt zion illinois
              United States
              Member #110549
              May 6, 2011
              351 Posts
              Posted: June 18, 2011, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes I wish Illinois had Jackpot self service machines !!!

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                California
                United States
                Member #112364
                June 17, 2011
                661 Posts
                Posted: June 18, 2011, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

In my state, the machine that sells scratch and online games are two separate machines. So, what would happen if I put the money inside the online game and the machine runs out of paper? Can I get my money back? I can't use the money to buy scratch ticket since the machine that sells scratch ticket is a separate machine.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2011, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

In my state, the machine that sells scratch and online games are two separate machines. So, what would happen if I put the money inside the online game and the machine runs out of paper? Can I get my money back? I can't use the money to buy scratch ticket since the machine that sells scratch ticket is a separate machine.

I would think the store management would have some kind of contingency for that.

Giving you your money back or something.

--Edmund Burke

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                    Portland,Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #14387
                    April 25, 2005
                    229 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2011, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

In Oregon most store managers know how to do simple repairs on the lottery machines - replace paper rolls, retrieve a stuck playslip, reset the machine after a computer glitch.  I've had these things happen to me multiple times. You just stay by the machine, flag down a store employee, have them get the manager and he or she will unlock the machine and either fix it if possible or return your money.  Personally I prefer the self-service machines - then it's only my "karma" that is interacting with the machine. I pat the machines, think happy positive thoughts at it, thank it for printing my tickets, and some times say prayers while generating tickets.  ..... yup I'm a lottery nut ;)

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison