Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time for Illinois lotto to fall

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by cooldude.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mt zion illinois
United States
Member #110549
May 6, 2011
351 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2011, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Its been far to long since somebody hit the Illinois lotto. 60 draws to be exact!!!! So good luck to who play tonights 27 millon jackpot !!!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19891 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2011, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

A week ago I thought the same about Ohio's Classic Lotto.  Its jackpot was higher than MM and PB and the odds of winning it was 1:14M, but it didn't happen. 

No one has won it since last year on 05/03/2010 and with 176 drawings since has rolled to $34.9M.  Those better odds of winning the jackpot can be deceiving, it gives one the impression it's easier to win than PB or MM but with only local people playing, there could be several more MM and PB jackpots won before it falls.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mt zion illinois
      United States
      Member #110549
      May 6, 2011
      351 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2011, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

A week ago I thought the same about Ohio's Classic Lotto.  Its jackpot was higher than MM and PB and the odds of winning it was 1:14M, but it didn't happen. 

No one has won it since last year on 05/03/2010 and with 176 drawings since has rolled to $34.9M.  Those better odds of winning the jackpot can be deceiving, it gives one the impression it's easier to win than PB or MM but with only local people playing, there could be several more MM and PB jackpots won before it falls.

Well tonight is the largest jackpot in Illinois since it was 33 million in 2001. But still a long way from the record of 69.9 million which was in april of 1989.. So I got  some tickets for tonight but withn odds of 1:34 to match 3 numbers to win $3 dollars not  getting my hopes up..

mt zion illinois
        United States
        Member #110549
        May 6, 2011
        351 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2011, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Good luck to all who plays tonight 27.3 million jackpot

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19891 Posts
          Posted: June 20, 2011, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Well tonight is the largest jackpot in Illinois since it was 33 million in 2001. But still a long way from the record of 69.9 million which was in april of 1989.. So I got  some tickets for tonight but withn odds of 1:34 to match 3 numbers to win $3 dollars not  getting my hopes up..

But still a long way from the record of 69.9 million which was in april of 1989..

When you look back at some of the games in that era with similar matrix sizes that produced jackpots that size, you have to wonder how such large jackpots were ever generated.

Ohio had a 6/44 game for 50¢('86-'89) and later a 6/47 game for $1 that generated jackpots of $20M - $70M often, even players from other states came to Ohio to play.  Are players playing smarter today the reason those size matrix can't generate jackpots those sizes anymore?

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: June 20, 2011, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

More players now have local jackpot and other games to choose from.

For many years Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio lotto benefitted from Indiana not having lottery and people making the trek to buy tickets. If you have to drive that far, usually you're going to buy more than a few.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19891 Posts
              Posted: June 20, 2011, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

More players now have local jackpot and other games to choose from.

For many years Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio lotto benefitted from Indiana not having lottery and people making the trek to buy tickets. If you have to drive that far, usually you're going to buy more than a few.

That was true but today more people playing means jackpots are won sooner and don't have a chance to roll to the larger amounts as often.  In those days, more people playing resulted in larger jackpots and not more winners necessarily.  I have no way of knowing for sure but I think the percent of players winning something has increased in games with the same size matrix so states have reduced the sizes of their prizes.

Evil Looking       

mt zion illinois
                United States
                Member #110549
                May 6, 2011
                351 Posts
                Posted: June 20, 2011, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

That was true but today more people playing means jackpots are won sooner and don't have a chance to roll to the larger amounts as often.  In those days, more people playing resulted in larger jackpots and not more winners necessarily.  I have no way of knowing for sure but I think the percent of players winning something has increased in games with the same size matrix so states have reduced the sizes of their prizes.

So ture there.... But back when the jackpot climbed all the way up 69.9 million back in 1989 drawings were one night a week. So I think they climb faster back then than do today with 3 draws a week...