Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Saw a Huge Spider

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
nassau
Bahamas
Member #71320
February 22, 2009
150 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2011, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Good Morning LP family,

I would love your assistance with this event that happened last night. Upon returning home, my son(16) and daughter(18) found a huge brown spider in my youngest son's(8) bedroom. It is what most people refer to as a ground spider. It had a small body and long spindly legs.  I begged them not to kill it but they did.

Please help! I once heard that spiders are good luck insects! Thanks!

All the best to all of us today and EVERY day!

FLATRANSPLANT's avatar - yocco
    South Florida
    United States
    Member #71280
    February 22, 2009
    15318 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2011, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Good Morning LP family,

I would love your assistance with this event that happened last night. Upon returning home, my son(16) and daughter(18) found a huge brown spider in my youngest son's(8) bedroom. It is what most people refer to as a ground spider. It had a small body and long spindly legs.  I begged them not to kill it but they did.

Spiders are good luck - 731-519-062

chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
      Member #31284
      January 27, 2006
      8962 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2011, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Hi Doller, do you see where it says search in the upper right hand corner?

put in spiders and you will see recent posts with numbers, good luck

nassau
        Bahamas
        Member #71320
        February 22, 2009
        150 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2011, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Chippie! Just saw this. I shall try it immediately. All the best to you!

nassau
          Bahamas
          Member #71320
          February 22, 2009
          150 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2011, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Flatransplant!  All the best to you!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2011, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

591, 519

takeemtothebank

karinda's avatar - WINGS
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #108445
              March 25, 2011
              2855 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2011, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I forgot about this until I read doller's post.  Ever since I read Harvest's post about paying attention

to everything around us. Every now and then a moth or two from outside will see the light I have on

at night next to the computer and try and get through the screen.  Well LAST night, the BIGGEST

moth, butterfly-sized moth was out there.  And I said, "Can you help me pick the numbers?"  Well

the moth (?)  landed on the screen for a second when I said that and then it flew away. Before

that it was frantically trying to get in. But it calmed down when I said, that, like it was trying to tell

me something.  Any thoughts about what the moth was trying to tell me?  Blue Angel

Thanks,

Karinda

nassau
                Bahamas
                Member #71320
                February 22, 2009
                150 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2011, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

OMGoodness Karinda!!!

I just got goosebumps reading your post! When i called my aunt to tell her about my spider incident, she related one of her own.

She told me that as she was preparing her Sunday meal, she saw at her front screen door a moth(here in the Bahamas we call them "money bats" as we believe they come to bring those fortunate to see them money). It was trying to get inside. As she turned away, ANOTHER one was at the back screen door of the kitchen.. She asked my uncle to open the door and let it in to bring her money and he refused.

She said she saw them almost simultaneously. WOW! This is amazing. I am off to call her now to read your post!

nassau
                  Bahamas
                  Member #71320
                  February 22, 2009
                  150 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2011, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Tenaj!! I am DEFINITELY on that number as I have gotten it from all others. I appreciate your post. All the best to you!

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #108445
                    March 25, 2011
                    2855 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2011, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

OMGoodness Karinda!!!

I just got goosebumps reading your post! When i called my aunt to tell her about my spider incident, she related one of her own.

She told me that as she was preparing her Sunday meal, she saw at her front screen door a moth(here in the Bahamas we call them "money bats" as we believe they come to bring those fortunate to see them money). It was trying to get inside. As she turned away, ANOTHER one was at the back screen door of the kitchen.. She asked my uncle to open the door and let it in to bring her money and he refused.

She said she saw them almost simultaneously. WOW! This is amazing. I am off to call her now to read your post!

Holy smokes dollar! :s  I'm so glad that I responded. I wasn't sure if I should at first because I didn't want

to digress from your question about the spider, but I forgot all about the moth until I saw your post. 

And I have to tell you that this was the BIGGEST moth I've ever seen in my life! I'm not exaggerating. :o

The little ones are attracted to the light out our window because it's very dark outside, so I know why they

come to the screen, but the one last night was as big as some butterflies. I wish I could remember exactly what I said to it ... but I don't.  I think I said something like, "Can you help me?" But I don't remember if

I specifically said, "Do you know the numbers?" What?  ( Yes, this is what desperation has come down to

here in NJ regarding winning the lottery. Now I'm asking insects if they can help me pick the numbers! LOL )

Blessings,

Karinda

nassau
                      Bahamas
                      Member #71320
                      February 22, 2009
                      150 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2011, 7:31 am - IP Logged

Karinda,

LOL!! If THAT is what it takes..................................Well then!!! All the best to you!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: June 27, 2011, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Good Morning LP family,

Sounds like a Daddy Longlegs spider.

They don't hurt anybody. They should have just put it outside if the sight of it bothered them.

I consider them the "friendly" spiders.

I consider killing anything bad luck unless it's harmful, dangerous, or you intend to eat it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke