Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Advance Play Question

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2011, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Let's say you buy a ticket with advance play for 10 consecutive drawings and you win $500 for the 2nd draw. You want to redeem your ticket immediately but since the ticket is still open for the next 8 drawings, can you redeem the ticket on the 3rd day and keep your ticket? Normally when you redeem your ticket, you have to surrender it to the clerk but I don't think you should do that in this case since you may win again in the remaining 8 drawings. May be not 500 dollars but you may win a replay ticket or a smaller dollar value.

Las Vegas, NV
    United States
    Member #44841
    August 9, 2006
    1749 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2011, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Let's say you buy a ticket with advance play for 10 consecutive drawings and you win $500 for the 2nd draw. You want to redeem your ticket immediately but since the ticket is still open for the next 8 drawings, can you redeem the ticket on the 3rd day and keep your ticket? Normally when you redeem your ticket, you have to surrender it to the clerk but I don't think you should do that in this case since you may win again in the remaining 8 drawings. May be not 500 dollars but you may win a replay ticket or a smaller dollar value.

When you win on an advance play ticket, the clerk will cash it and an "exchange" ticket also prints out for the remaining draws.  So you don't have to wait until all the draws have passed to cash in!

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
      California
      United States
      Member #112364
      June 17, 2011
      661 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2011, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

When you win on an advance play ticket, the clerk will cash it and an "exchange" ticket also prints out for the remaining draws.  So you don't have to wait until all the draws have passed to cash in!

That's good news. Thanks.

Las Vegas, NV
        United States
        Member #44841
        August 9, 2006
        1749 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2011, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

That's good news. Thanks.

I forgot to add to just make sure that they don't distract you with all the excitement about winning and NOT give you the exchange ticket.  There are too many unscrupulous clerks out there ... so keep your eyes open!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: July 1, 2011, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

feisty,i'd like to add that you should definitly cash it and get the exchange ticket.if you were lucky enough to win 2 times on that ticket it might put you over the limit for a store level payout,600.00 and instead of cash they be handing you a claim form and tax form.

Las Vegas, NV
            United States
            Member #44841
            August 9, 2006
            1749 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2011, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

feisty,i'd like to add that you should definitly cash it and get the exchange ticket.if you were lucky enough to win 2 times on that ticket it might put you over the limit for a store level payout,600.00 and instead of cash they be handing you a claim form and tax form.

That's right! Thumbs Up

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2011, 8:38 am - IP Logged

I forgot to add to just make sure that they don't distract you with all the excitement about winning and NOT give you the exchange ticket.  There are too many unscrupulous clerks out there ... so keep your eyes open!

Thumbs Up

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2011, 8:39 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2011, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

WRONG!!...Each day is a new ticket on the ticket you buy in advance..If you play a cash 3 or whatever and it hits maybe 5 times and don't cash it till after the 10th day as long as it don't hit over 600.00 for that day on that ticket YOU PAY NO TAXES..Whoever started this thread and didn't know this STOP BUYING LOTTERY TICKETS!.....For example if you hit 3 days and win  600.00 one the ticket all 3 days it it pays 600.00 and totals 1,800.00 you pay NO TAXEs..Each day is a new day..PHEW!!!..

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2011, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

WRONG!!...Each day is a new ticket on the ticket you buy in advance..If you play a cash 3 or whatever and it hits maybe 5 times and don't cash it till after the 10th day as long as it don't hit over 600.00 for that day on that ticket YOU PAY NO TAXES..Whoever started this thread and didn't know this STOP BUYING LOTTERY TICKETS!.....For example if you hit 3 days and win  600.00 one the ticket all 3 days it it pays 600.00 and totals 1,800.00 you pay NO TAXEs..Each day is a new day..PHEW!!!..

You sure seem to know a lot about this for some reason.

Hmmm...

Do you own a convenience store?

Is your real name Tiggs Patel?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2011, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm...

No butt some of these questions on here drive tiggs nuts..Anyone should know this..ANYONE!!..If you don't know the payouts don't buy lotto tickets..as ever tiggs Presley..

Pure luck

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: July 4, 2011, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

i still won't take the chance,i dot't trust them.is there somewhere this written down and if so is there an exception(hidden) written down elsewhere?

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                          Member #81314
                          October 16, 2009
                          19015 Posts
                          Posted: July 4, 2011, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm...

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You guys always make my day, lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Seriously, they both are right, but, I would and have cashed in tickets, that were good for a few more days.

Say , I played, 333, from Monday to Friday,  Midday and Evening.  Tuesday-Midday, 333 hit, so I cash out, get my $600.00, and I get another ticket, to be dated from Tuesday Evening, Wednesday Midday, Wednesday Evening, Thursday Midday, Thursday Evening , Friday Midday, Friday Evening. to

Good Luck.

The Struggle is real!

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: July 4, 2011, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

i still won't take the chance,i dot't trust them.is there somewhere this written down and if so is there an exception(hidden) written down elsewhere?

If you don't trust triggs who can you trust..Call the Lottery in your sate and ask they will welcome you call...In advance play every day is a new day..No taxes..Even a drunk like ridge knows this..

Pure luck

United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: July 4, 2011, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

If you don't trust triggs who can you trust..Call the Lottery in your sate and ask they will welcome you call...In advance play every day is a new day..No taxes..Even a drunk like ridge knows this..

got no problem w/tiggs,  i don't trust the ppl. that make & enforce the rules,i still save all receipts for my house even thought they they exempted up to 500,000 profit on homes.remember the saying" when congress is in session no one's life, liberty or property is safe" sorry, not sure who to credit it to.someone help me out here i'm thinking thos. jefferson. one of my favorites.7/4/2011 happy 235th america!