Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hello Everybody

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new jersey
United States
Member #112686
June 24, 2011
2 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2011, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Hello everybody. I’m new here so I’d like to give everyone some background info on myself. I’ve been playing the lottery since it started in my home state ofNew Jersey. At that time you bought them off of a sheet and each ticket had a number on it. I’m not sure when the pick-it started, where you were allowed to pick your own number. Somewhere around 74 or 75.

Anyhow, when I was in school I remember a science teacher pulling out a box similar to an ant farm box. This box was divided into chambers or slots that went about half way up. In the box were marble sized steel balls. He would invert the box so the marbles lay at the top. Then he flipped it back over so the balls fell back into the chambers. They would always fall in an up down pattern no matter how many times you did it. So on that theory I figured everything in life has a pattern including lottery numbers, (I find I am not alone in this line of thinking).

Over the years, off and on, I’ve worked to find this elusive pattern. In the days before computers, hard to believe there were such days, I kept track of the numbers on the pick five. I plotted them on graph paper and connected the dots making graphs and taping the papers together to see if a pattern could be seen. Eventually I gave up and put it away.

Recently, in the last six months, I took up the quest again. I’ve been to dozens of web sites from mathematical formulas concerning patterns to lottery sites that always try to sell you their “guaranteed” system. I started plotting numbers on graphs using Excel and believe it or not I’ve come closer than I did just randomly picking numbers by the “gut feeling” method. I even hit three numbers a couple of times.

When I look at the graphs, one for each number i.e. first, second, and so on, I can see pattern changes. I can even tell if the next number is going to go up or down most times. Problem is I can’t predict how far down or up. I feel I’m missing something and can’t put my finger on it.

I stumbled on this forum in my quest, read a few threads, and thought maybe here I can find the answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

Well that’s all for now. Hope to hear from everybody.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2011, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Hello everybody. I’m new here so I’d like to give everyone some background info on myself. I’ve been playing the lottery since it started in my home state ofNew Jersey. At that time you bought them off of a sheet and each ticket had a number on it. I’m not sure when the pick-it started, where you were allowed to pick your own number. Somewhere around 74 or 75.

Anyhow, when I was in school I remember a science teacher pulling out a box similar to an ant farm box. This box was divided into chambers or slots that went about half way up. In the box were marble sized steel balls. He would invert the box so the marbles lay at the top. Then he flipped it back over so the balls fell back into the chambers. They would always fall in an up down pattern no matter how many times you did it. So on that theory I figured everything in life has a pattern including lottery numbers, (I find I am not alone in this line of thinking).

Over the years, off and on, I’ve worked to find this elusive pattern. In the days before computers, hard to believe there were such days, I kept track of the numbers on the pick five. I plotted them on graph paper and connected the dots making graphs and taping the papers together to see if a pattern could be seen. Eventually I gave up and put it away.

Recently, in the last six months, I took up the quest again. I’ve been to dozens of web sites from mathematical formulas concerning patterns to lottery sites that always try to sell you their “guaranteed” system. I started plotting numbers on graphs using Excel and believe it or not I’ve come closer than I did just randomly picking numbers by the “gut feeling” method. I even hit three numbers a couple of times.

When I look at the graphs, one for each number i.e. first, second, and so on, I can see pattern changes. I can even tell if the next number is going to go up or down most times. Problem is I can’t predict how far down or up. I feel I’m missing something and can’t put my finger on it.

I stumbled on this forum in my quest, read a few threads, and thought maybe here I can find the answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

Interesting story, deep103.

Welcome to Lottery Post!

Best of luck to ya!  LepYes NodThumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40422 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2011, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post deep103, Happy Winning and ant farming.Sun Smiley

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2011, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP deep103

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3854 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2011, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

welcome deep 103,also new here.you may also consider me a newbie in jersey since i only been here 24 years.i  also did a type of study on the jerseycash 5 wherein i looked back at years of drawings to see if some numbers repeated.sure enough i was able to come 5 i liked. that was over 10 years ago,so you could say the study is outdated and you would be right.speacialy since they have changed the matrix during that time.but i'm going to stick w/ those numbers since i have gotten 3 of 5,maybe 15 times and about a year ago got 4 of 5 and get this the number that was wrong missed by 1.every thing else i use QP.

United States
            Member #111186
            May 20, 2011
            344 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2011, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Welcome Welcome... Smiley

new jersey
              United States
              Member #112686
              June 24, 2011
              2 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2011, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

welcome deep 103,also new here.you may also consider me a newbie in jersey since i only been here 24 years.i  also did a type of study on the jerseycash 5 wherein i looked back at years of drawings to see if some numbers repeated.sure enough i was able to come 5 i liked. that was over 10 years ago,so you could say the study is outdated and you would be right.speacialy since they have changed the matrix during that time.but i'm going to stick w/ those numbers since i have gotten 3 of 5,maybe 15 times and about a year ago got 4 of 5 and get this the number that was wrong missed by 1.every thing else i use QP.

Hello haymaker, 24years is not what I would call a newbie. I also keep track of the repeated numbers but only since the first of the year. I use it in conjunction with the graphs I create when I have to choose between 4 or 5 numbers. Here are the top 5 numbers for each, that I have. The first column is the number, the second column is the number of times it hit to date. I'm curious to see if any of them match yours.

1st number               2nd number              3rd number           4th number           5th number

2-54                           9-29                           24-35                    28-37                  40-56             

3-44                           8-28                           18-27                    31-31                  36-42

4-43                           14-23                         20-25                    25-28                  39-40

1-43                           12-22                         23-24                    27-27                  38-39

6-37                           17-21                         21-22                    30-23                   37-38

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3854 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2011, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Hello haymaker, 24years is not what I would call a newbie. I also keep track of the repeated numbers but only since the first of the year. I use it in conjunction with the graphs I create when I have to choose between 4 or 5 numbers. Here are the top 5 numbers for each, that I have. The first column is the number, the second column is the number of times it hit to date. I'm curious to see if any of them match yours.

1st number               2nd number              3rd number           4th number           5th number

2-54                           9-29                           24-35                    28-37                  40-56             

3-44                           8-28                           18-27                    31-31                  36-42

4-43                           14-23                         20-25                    25-28                  39-40

1-43                           12-22                         23-24                    27-27                  38-39

6-37                           17-21                         21-22                    30-23                   37-38

deep 103,the 2 matches,the others do not,but i did mention that my study was old.i think you're way of looking  at it is 2X  past mine,or at least more updated! gettin late bro work sat/sun.need more time to look at you re system