Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 1:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

With a jackpot of $36.5M, Ohio's Classic Lotto is looking good again

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19903 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2011, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Now that PB and MM jackpots are reset to $20.0M and $12.0M, Ohio's Classic Lotto is looking good again.  With odds of 1:14M of winning the jackpot to boot, it should attract a lot of players while MM and PB are building up their jackpots again.

A couple of weeks ago when this same situation existed it was only at $33.5M but it only rolls $200K-$300K after each drawings so I don't expect it will grow much more before some one wins it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2011, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Now that PB and MM jackpots are reset to $20.0M and $12.0M, Ohio's Classic Lotto is looking good again.  With odds of 1:14M of winning the jackpot to boot, it should attract a lot of players while MM and PB are building up their jackpots again.

A couple of weeks ago when this same situation existed it was only at $33.5M but it only rolls $200K-$300K after each drawings so I don't expect it will grow much more before some one wins it.

it was only at $33.5M

Only? Who knew RJOh was such a high roller? LOL

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

mt zion illinois
      United States
      Member #110549
      May 6, 2011
      351 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2011, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

good luck to you RJOh...

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6305 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2011, 8:40 am - IP Logged

hope u win RJOh.....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19903 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2011, 10:17 am - IP Logged

it was only at $33.5M

Only? Who knew RJOh was such a high roller? LOL

I should have just stated "it was at $33.5 a couple of weeks earlier", that's a lot of money to me too.

Hope someone wins it this Independence Day and it's me Yes Nod

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19903 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2011, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

As I was getting ready to mark my Saturday tickets as losers and put them with the rest of my losing tickets before making out new play slips for tonight's drawing, I noticed they were for tonight's drawing of July 04.  I had bought them at 7:03 PM July 02 but there was a note on them that said the Classic Lotto pools now close @7PM.  So tickets that would have only matched 1 several times will have another chance to win something tonight.  Fearing that had happened before, I rechecked all my recent losing tickets and discovered I also bought OCL tickets at 7:06 last Monday but those tickets were good for that night's drawing.  No more waiting to 15 minutes before the drawings to buy OCL tickets.

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2011, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

With the chance of long lines or a machine being down (have had both happen), I buy mine way early sometimes even multi-draw.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19903 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2011, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

With the chance of long lines or a machine being down (have had both happen), I buy mine way early sometimes even multi-draw.

In spite of a local news stand, a couple of gas stations and a drive thur that sold lottery tickets going under, long lines to buy lottery tickets are a thing of the past.  The only times I've ever seen long lines were when I would drive out of state years ago to buy PowerBall and BigGame tickets.  Now that they can be bought locally, no long lines even when thunder storms knock out a couple of the local terminals.

Except for PowerBall I've alway bought my lottery tickets within a half hour of their drawings.  Now with the new cut-off times, I'll have to adjust.

Evil Looking