Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can I find a download of Ohio's Past Drawing Results?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by FineChild.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #87697
March 1, 2010
8 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2011, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Hello all Lottery Fans. It seems as though I'm in the right place with those that share the same dreams, and that being to "Defy the Odds". I'm in search of Ohio's past drawings data for Pick3, Pick4, and mainly Rolling Cash. I'm aware that the data is available on Ohio Lottery's website in PDF format, but in looking for either .txt or some other usable format that I can use in Visual Basic or OpenOffice3. Like I've said, I believe that I am in the right place for someone to point me in the right direction, or at least give me an idea of how to avoid the painstaking task of entering all of the data manually. So any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49642 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2011, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Hello all Lottery Fans. It seems as though I'm in the right place with those that share the same dreams, and that being to "Defy the Odds". I'm in search of Ohio's past drawings data for Pick3, Pick4, and mainly Rolling Cash. I'm aware that the data is available on Ohio Lottery's website in PDF format, but in looking for either .txt or some other usable format that I can use in Visual Basic or OpenOffice3. Like I've said, I believe that I am in the right place for someone to point me in the right direction, or at least give me an idea of how to avoid the painstaking task of entering all of the data manually. So any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Copy & Paste from PDF to WordPad!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
      Member #87697
      March 1, 2010
      8 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2011, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Copy & Paste from PDF to WordPad!

WOW. Raven62 you have just made the sun come out.  Thank You so much for the speedy response.

I would have never thought you could do such a thing.

I have always thought of a .PDF as a scanned image or object whereas if one were to use a copy and paste technique, one would have to work with its' image or bitmap form.

I was looking for a easy "readymade' .txt or .csv format that would make things flow smoothly. But i have just tried to copy and paste and things have already started shaping up.

It will take a little bit of work to sort/format the data in a suitable manner for me, but a whole lot more fun that entering that data manually.

But.... if you look at Ohio Lottery archives, the .pdf's from 1999 and later are scanned images and i do not see a copy and paste being able to work on those. Maybe you can give me a suggestion for that later part of the data.

I am trying to backtest a system for Pick3, Pick4, and Rolling Cash. As far as Rolling Cash is concerned those pdf's are great because the game format changed in 2004 so i can now say i have all of that data.

But for the Pick3, and Pick4... it will mean that i dont have data from 1999 on back.... And I cant be truly satisfied in saying that something has never ever happened before in the history of Pick3, or Pick4 if i never had the data to prove it.

Once again Thank You for your reply.

And have a Great 4th of July.US Flag

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2011, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Some software that have a trial period will also allow you to download up to date copies of all their data files which include their drawing data.  Once you had all that data separated by games and dates, you can transport it to your program or create a text file that your program can import.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2011, 9:17 am - IP Logged

WOW. Raven62 you have just made the sun come out.  Thank You so much for the speedy response.

I would have never thought you could do such a thing.

I have always thought of a .PDF as a scanned image or object whereas if one were to use a copy and paste technique, one would have to work with its' image or bitmap form.

I was looking for a easy "readymade' .txt or .csv format that would make things flow smoothly. But i have just tried to copy and paste and things have already started shaping up.

It will take a little bit of work to sort/format the data in a suitable manner for me, but a whole lot more fun that entering that data manually.

But.... if you look at Ohio Lottery archives, the .pdf's from 1999 and later are scanned images and i do not see a copy and paste being able to work on those. Maybe you can give me a suggestion for that later part of the data.

I am trying to backtest a system for Pick3, Pick4, and Rolling Cash. As far as Rolling Cash is concerned those pdf's are great because the game format changed in 2004 so i can now say i have all of that data.

But for the Pick3, and Pick4... it will mean that i dont have data from 1999 on back.... And I cant be truly satisfied in saying that something has never ever happened before in the history of Pick3, or Pick4 if i never had the data to prove it.

Once again Thank You for your reply.

And have a Great 4th of July.US Flag

Post the format in which you need the numbers of the past history and tell from which date forward you need the numbers and then maybe somebody could give you what you want, so:

In which format you need the history and give a short sample.

And from which date onwards do you need them?

Good Luck!

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2011, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Pick 3 Mid

06/01/11 308
            06/02/11 723
            06/03/11 657
            06/04/11 735
            06/05/11 041
            06/06/11 402
            06/07/11 807
            06/08/11 608
            06/09/11 145
            06/10/11 987
            06/11/11 162
            06/12/11 581
            06/13/11 775
            06/14/11 644
            06/15/11 651
            06/16/11 229
            06/17/11 962
            06/18/11 080
            06/19/11 340
            06/20/11 386
            06/21/11 908
            06/22/11 998
            06/23/11 563
            06/24/11 359
            06/25/11 673
            06/26/11 373
            06/27/11 374
            06/28/11 790
            06/29/11 398
            06/30/11 228
            07/01/11 361
            07/02/11 679

------------------------

Pick 3 Eve

06/01/11 572
            06/02/11 430
            06/03/11 214
            06/04/11 103
            06/05/11 918
            06/06/11 630
            06/07/11 024
            06/08/11 527
            06/09/11 753
            06/10/11 454
            06/11/11 461
            06/12/11 467
            06/13/11 894
            06/14/11 718
            06/15/11 099
            06/16/11 350
            06/17/11 135
            06/18/11 703
            06/19/11 650
            06/20/11 161
            06/21/11 020
            06/22/11 032
            06/23/11 004
            06/24/11 271
            06/25/11 813
            06/26/11 859
            06/27/11 473
            06/28/11 659
            06/29/11 432
            06/30/11 618
            07/01/11 735
            07/02/11 727

------------------

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19817 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2011, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

You can also buy a one month premium membership and access to whole history of every active lottery that LP reports on.  Todd has gone the extra mile to make sure he has their complete histories.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #87697
                March 1, 2010
                8 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2011, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Sorry for going MIA... Got kinda tied up in work due to a short week, but TGIF.

Thank you for the replies and ideas... So far I get the hint that the data is not available for casual downloading from anyplace on the web.

I started using the copy&paste method as Raven62 suggested... It can get a little tricky but I hope to eventually get it done. But Lantern's suggestion is right up my alley. So if any one is willing to email me the data , i surely will appreciate it. 

At this moment I am in need of Ohio Pick3, Pick4, and Rolling Cash drawings going as far back as anyone can supply. Ohio's website has pdfs' for Pick3 and Pick4 dating as far back to 1979, and Rolling Cash has its first drawing in 2004. So if anyone has the data dating so far back, it will just super great if I can receive a copy.

Almost any format is workable. (.txt, .csv, .rtf) as long as I can read the file sequentially, i cant complain. The sample posted by Lantern would be just perfect. I would say that all I need is the date followed by the number(s) drawn. And simple enough that I can continue to add to it in Wordpad as the days go on. Thku.

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: July 9, 2011, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Thank you for the replies and ideas... So far I get the hint that the data is not available for casual downloading from anyplace on the web.

I started using the copy&paste method as Raven62 suggested... It can get a little tricky but I hope to eventually get it done. But Lantern's suggestion is right up my alley. So if any one is willing to email me the data , i surely will appreciate it. 

At this moment I am in need of Ohio Pick3, Pick4, and Rolling Cash drawings going as far back as anyone can supply. Ohio's website has pdfs' for Pick3 and Pick4 dating as far back to 1979, and Rolling Cash has its first drawing in 2004. So if anyone has the data dating so far back, it will just super great if I can receive a copy.

Almost any format is workable. (.txt, .csv, .rtf) as long as I can read the file sequentially, i cant complain. The sample posted by Lantern would be just perfect. I would say that all I need is the date followed by the number(s) drawn. And simple enough that I can continue to add to it in Wordpad as the days go on. Thku.

If you would get a short paid membership here at L.P. you would be able to get the full past results easier maybe, I can't get past winning numbers from L.P. other than the last 10 draws.

But it seems as if I can get for you the last 1 year of the Ohio Rolling Cash and maybe the full past draws for the Ohio pick 3 and 4 games, the pick 4 will be done later, here on this download you will get the pick 3 and the Rolling Cash, I went to quite some trouble to get them.

People should not get any ideas from this, I am not about to do this again for others, if you need past draws then get a short paid L.P. membership.

http://www.filedropper.com/oh

As I said, the pick 4 files will follow later sometime.

United States
                    Member #87697
                    March 1, 2010
                    8 Posts
                    Posted: July 9, 2011, 7:41 am - IP Logged

hey Lantern.. Thanks a million.. Wow.Thumbs Up

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2011, 8:30 am - IP Logged

hey Lantern.. Thanks a million.. Wow.Thumbs Up

Now you can download the full Ohio pick 4 games:

http://www.filedropper.com/ohpick4

Good Luck!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19817 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2011, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Rolling Cash5 has had 2330 drawings so far, I can't imagine the numbers for pick3 and pick4 with mid-day and evening drawings.  That's a lot of data to process every time you do a work up for a daily game.  Buckeye5 had 2723 drawings during its run so I imagine Rolling Cash5 is good for a couple of more years before being considered for a change.  Even at that if you can only spend a couple of hours on a work out that is a lot of data to process.

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #87697
                          March 1, 2010
                          8 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2011, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Rolling Cash5 has had 2330 drawings so far, I can't imagine the numbers for pick3 and pick4 with mid-day and evening drawings.  That's a lot of data to process every time you do a work up for a daily game.  Buckeye5 had 2723 drawings during its run so I imagine Rolling Cash5 is good for a couple of more years before being considered for a change.  Even at that if you can only spend a couple of hours on a work out that is a lot of data to process.

Lantern- I so much appreciate the effort. As for the Rolling Cash, I can work it out from the pdf's as Raven62 suggested. So thanks again to both of you.

RJOh- Have you ever seen a robot sweat?...   Rolling Cash has had 2306 previous drawings, Pick3 14012, Pick 4 12846 (+\- a few).       With pen and paper that would be time consuming, but to a machine, thats chicken feed. I dont have any system that would require that amount of past drawings. I want to backtest some ideas to see if any of them would have made be wealthy thru out the years or would have sent me to the poor house.

I want to go back 30+ years and play with paper money. If I can find something that makes a profit then i will play for the next 30+ years with real money. Hopefully not that long.