Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Paid only half for win on Mega Millions ticket

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 6 years ago by greeneye.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
greeneye's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #81009
October 8, 2009
21 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2011, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Drawing July 5th-2011--WINNING NUMBERS 1-10-13-18-46-=19....I matched the red ball 19 and one white ball 46,I paid 2 dollars for the multiplier and was paid only $3.00 for a $6 .00 win..I knew this was not right.The clerk clearly showed me that it would only pay me $3 dollars after the scan and I explained that I paid for the multiplier which was 2X for that draw.I called the main lottery office in Raleigh and the man on the phone told me there is no way the computer system would do that.I told him that I would get the clerk to send the ticket to Raleigh,NC...Just be care full every one because I could have lost a lot of money in this situation but I only lost 3 bucks..Who ever controls the comp system for Mega Millions could be pocketing money by kepping it in Megas bank account if this happens to thousands of ticket buyers...I could be wrong about a scam but this should not have happened.................:(Mad

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2011, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I would be more inclined to think the clerk pulled a fast one on ya somehow.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
      A long and winding road
      United States
      Member #17084
      June 10, 2005
      4574 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2011, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

When its under 500$ you can ask the clerk for the ticket as they only need produce the final win print out for final submission.

Also it never hurts to make a copy of your ticket if there are questions before cashing in.

OUr work pool ALWAYS has copies made for any of us to review. I dont participate anymore but its on a board for anyone to see how the payout went.....

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

mt zion illinois
        United States
        Member #110549
        May 6, 2011
        351 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2011, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

something seems kinda of fishy there

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
          Dallas, TX
          United States
          Member #60284
          April 12, 2008
          3856 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2011, 3:17 am - IP Logged

Did the ticket printed that you purchased the multiplier option? If not, then the clerk must have pocketed the extra dollar that's why the ticket you're cashing in only say you've won $3 instead of $6 (2x multiplier). Or, you might forgot to put the multiplier option and gave the extra to the clerk anyway thinking you're paying for the multiplier, since the clerk noticed this they might pocket that extra dollar. Or, the clerk is greedy and pocket the $3 from your $6 win and said it's only a $3 win. Or, someone turned off the multiplier option at the headquarter for few seconds (in that moment your ticket ran through) which results in this mess...

Double check everything prior and after purchasing the ticket.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            41864 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2011, 6:40 am - IP Logged

Did the ticket printed that you purchased the multiplier option? If not, then the clerk must have pocketed the extra dollar that's why the ticket you're cashing in only say you've won $3 instead of $6 (2x multiplier). Or, you might forgot to put the multiplier option and gave the extra to the clerk anyway thinking you're paying for the multiplier, since the clerk noticed this they might pocket that extra dollar. Or, the clerk is greedy and pocket the $3 from your $6 win and said it's only a $3 win. Or, someone turned off the multiplier option at the headquarter for few seconds (in that moment your ticket ran through) which results in this mess...

I Agree!

HyperBe Happy.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2011, 9:32 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3857 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2011, 11:55 am - IP Logged

i did something like this last week,w/powerball which i don't play regular, was thinking i wanted powerplay option so i gave the cashier $4 for 2 plays, only a couple days later i realize i was using the bet slip i've had since before powerplay was available.not sure if cashier missed it to or decided to top himself $2 i'll be watching him closley now even tho it was my mistake.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2678 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2011, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Twitchnever trust clerks

United States
                    Member #108380
                    March 25, 2011
                    505 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2011, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Twitchnever trust clerks

those clerks are out to garner as much as they can from unaware lottery players. whether buying or cashing it's amazing how many people do not have a clue what they're doing. they put all there faith and trust in either a pimply faced 19 yr old clerk or a foreign one named patel who are working there only because of what they call drops with that lottery machine business. yes, some are greedier than others and there are some honest ones, but i wouldn't trust any of them. educate yourself...

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2011, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Don't they have those little scanners where you in in every store?..They do here in Ky and when tiggs has an online game winner he scans it before he cashes the ticket..If it don't show the right amount after scanning it YOURSELF save the ticket then call the lottery office and tell them you got proff..Take it there show them the ticket and have them cash it..

Pure luck

North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #81009
                        October 8, 2009
                        21 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2011, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Sorry I have to pull this post I made a mistake,I had 2 numbers on a 4 draw and I forgot about that by thinking I had a multiplier,,,SORY ABOUT THAT MEGA MILLIONS AND TO ALL THE READERS AND REPLIERS,MY APOLOGIES

North Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #81009
                          October 8, 2009
                          21 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2011, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I made a mistake ,I noticed this morning,sorry Mega Millions and to every one else Thank You

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                            The Ville, FL
                            United States
                            Member #95879
                            August 19, 2010
                            1708 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2011, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Sorry I have to pull this post I made a mistake,I had 2 numbers on a 4 draw and I forgot about that by thinking I had a multiplier,,,SORY ABOUT THAT MEGA MILLIONS AND TO ALL THE READERS AND REPLIERS,MY APOLOGIES

So it was correct?

Im cufused as to what you mean by: "I had 2 numbers on a 4 draw"

can you explain?

North Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #81009
                              October 8, 2009
                              21 Posts
                              Posted: July 8, 2011, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Sorry about this ,I made a mistake but at least I gave a few people something to think about and next time I will have the ticket scanned before I cash it in ,Sorry about that Everyone