Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why did they call: Powerball, Powerball...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 5 years ago by PlraX.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2011, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

why they chose that name, why the power in powerball...they could had called it: Astro ball, superball, american ball, ect, ect..

the dictionary has what??? 60,000 words and 2 words joined will had been: 60,000 x 60,000...

i think they call it powerball because whoever won it was suppose to have: POWER...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2011, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

why they chose that name, why the power in powerball...they could had called it: Astro ball, superball, american ball, ect, ect..

the dictionary has what??? 60,000 words and 2 words joined will had been: 60,000 x 60,000...

i think they call it powerball because whoever won it was suppose to have: POWER...

and I think they named MegaMillions because the winners would be mega millionares.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: July 15, 2011, 1:02 am - IP Logged

I think they call it 'Powerball' for the exact same reason you call yourself 'Pumpi76': because you CAN.

(That, and probably because all the neat names you suggest were already Trademarked)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 15, 2011, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

In Tennessee it's called Paarball.

And tother one is Megger Milyuns.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

PlraX's avatar - large flag_of_dominican_republic.gif
          Deeping in Ramdoness
          Dominican Republic
          Member #73824
          April 25, 2009
          238 Posts
          Posted: July 16, 2011, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

i thinkis becasue.. MONEY IS POWER.. then when u get THE... POWER BALL... your money get POWER

i will get MY COUNTRY jackpot..

THE SMARTER PEOPLE ...are succesfull, person