Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Lottery Format

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Zippy123.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Massachusetts
United States
Member #111954
June 6, 2011
22 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2011, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping some of you with more knowledge than I can help me work my way through something.  (this is a two part question post)

My favorite game is a 5/35 with a 100K jackpot.  The drawing was held 3 times a week.   Starting tonight the drawing is going to be held nightly.   How will this impact the patterns?  I use Gail Howards Smart Luck and her wheels.  I have been doing OK as long as I have 2 PN's to help whittle the selected number pool down. 

My questions are: 

Will the now nightly drawings have an impact on the existing patterns?  If so, to what degree?  (Is that a crystal ball question).

If it does have an impact on the patterns, should I wait 60 games out so new patterns have a chance to establish themselves? 

Part 2.  I recently downloaded Expert Lotto 5 but have not had a chance to use it.  I did search the archives here and found some of you also use it.  What I could not locate was a post on the pro's and con's of this sytem and Gail Howards.   Does anyone have an opinion on the differences between the two systems?  My apologies if I missed it.

Any suggestions, insight, advice and/or comments are greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your consideration  - Z

olplugger's avatar - moon2
    Mechanicsville, VA
    United States
    Member #84145
    December 23, 2009
    1523 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2011, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping some of you with more knowledge than I can help me work my way through something.  (this is a two part question post)

My favorite game is a 5/35 with a 100K jackpot.  The drawing was held 3 times a week.   Starting tonight the drawing is going to be held nightly.   How will this impact the patterns?  I use Gail Howards Smart Luck and her wheels.  I have been doing OK as long as I have 2 PN's to help whittle the selected number pool down. 

My questions are: 

Will the now nightly drawings have an impact on the existing patterns?  If so, to what degree?  (Is that a crystal ball question).

If it does have an impact on the patterns, should I wait 60 games out so new patterns have a chance to establish themselves? 

Part 2.  I recently downloaded Expert Lotto 5 but have not had a chance to use it.  I did search the archives here and found some of you also use it.  What I could not locate was a post on the pro's and con's of this sytem and Gail Howards.   Does anyone have an opinion on the differences between the two systems?  My apologies if I missed it.

Any suggestions, insight, advice and/or comments are greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your consideration  - Z

Can't say for sure, Zippy.  I think I would continue with the file you have.  But also, maybe start a new file for the new drawing schedule.  You can monitor the patterns in your current file for a few draws to see the affect of adding the two additional draws.

At the same time, the new (60 draw) file can be compared to your current draw file.  That's about all I would know to do.  Hope this might help you work through the situation.

Good Luck in your calculations...Olplugger.

"Whatever the human mind can conceive and believe it can achieve."

Napoleon Hill, Author of "Think & Grow Rich"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19826 Posts
      Posted: July 17, 2011, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

The change is more likely to effect you and your pocket book more than it will the game.  Up until now, you've had a couple of days to update your file and pick some combinations to play.  Now that could become a daily task which will cost twice as much and could make playing a shore rather than an occasional pleasure.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #111954
        June 6, 2011
        22 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2011, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Can't say for sure, Zippy.  I think I would continue with the file you have.  But also, maybe start a new file for the new drawing schedule.  You can monitor the patterns in your current file for a few draws to see the affect of adding the two additional draws.

At the same time, the new (60 draw) file can be compared to your current draw file.  That's about all I would know to do.  Hope this might help you work through the situation.

Good Luck in your calculations...Olplugger.

Hi Olplugger,

Thank you for your reply and the great idea.  I have begun my new spreadsheet and will let you know if the patterns alter. 

Thank you again - Z

Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #111954
          June 6, 2011
          22 Posts
          Posted: July 19, 2011, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

The change is more likely to effect you and your pocket book more than it will the game.  Up until now, you've had a couple of days to update your file and pick some combinations to play.  Now that could become a daily task which will cost twice as much and could make playing a shore rather than an occasional pleasure.

So true......I need disipline to not play every night.  I usually onlyu spend a few dollars but that will add up really fast if I were to play every night.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3103 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2011, 2:01 am - IP Logged

The only thing you will need to do is manually enter the draws for about ten days until GH catches on and you can download the database.  You might send GH an email to speed up the process.

You decide when you play, not the lottery. 

If the game had changed size with fresh ballsets, you would need to track the new game for a while.

BobP

Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #111954
              June 6, 2011
              22 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2011, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply. I just learned of ball sets tonight! 

The game has not changed size, thank goodness but I don't know about the ball sets.  Do you have an idea on how often they are changed?  Is there a way to track their schedule for changing the ball sets?

What you have shared is good news because I was worried about starting over as I just found my groove in Gails program.  I haven't hit the JP yet but I haven't lost either.

Thank you much and be well -Zip