Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could It Be?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ko57.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami, FLA
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
678 Posts
Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:50 am - IP Logged

A 66 year old retiree named Paul Hemphill claims to have won 32 million in the Florida Lotto using Lotto Pro software. 

Anybody familiar with this program?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3112 Posts
    Posted: July 19, 2011, 4:24 am - IP Logged

A 66 year old retiree named Paul Hemphill claims to have won 32 million in the Florida Lotto using Lotto Pro software. 

Interesting the Florida Lottery Press release doesn't mention the use of software, but the newspaper does.

Lotto Pro aka Windows Lotto Pro or Win Lotto Pro (Data Solutions by John Lake) has been around a long time, since dos days.  Some may remember it's sister program Lotto Challeger. 

The program creats charts and draws averages from them to create hats or pools of numbers, then draws from these hats to make a set of numbers to wheel.  By drawing more numbers than the lottery does, there is a better chance of having winning numbers among them and by wheeling a chance of a prize.

The program might look at the frequency chart and determine an average for hot, average, cold and due numbers.  When you ask for 18 numbers to wheel, it draws those percentage of numbers from each of the four hats.  Much like a lottery draw only larger and smarter.

Older versions, everyone got the same numbers to play, newer versions everyone gets something different each time they request a set, so even Paul Hemphill couldn't recreate his success, but doesn't share his prize with a hundred other users either.  Luck is always a major factor.

I believe there is a demo, take it out for a spin.

BobP

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2011, 4:26 am - IP Logged

Of course it is possible if he pick the right numbers. There are many good software that gives you stats and possible numbers that might be drawn. Gail howard software and others have succeeded in winning a Jackpot. I use Expert Lotto and use it only for stats. The software won't give me the numbers to play but will give me stats which is good to know.

Play to win!

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
        Miami, FLA
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        678 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2011, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Twice in 16 years isn't bad.

I'll give the trial version a spin.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2011, 3:32 am - IP Logged

"Though he said the software can't guarantee a win, it "reduces the odds against you" by analyzing previous wins to spot trends.

But experts say that's a daunting prospect, given that the lottery commission goes out of its way to ensure the numbers are random — and not influenced by any other factors.

The previous winning numbers "will only have a role if the lotto is very careless," said Subramanian Ramakrishnan, a professor of mathematics at the University of Miami. "They have a very elaborate process of checking the balls, making sure the weights are right, the mechanism is working well." "

It does nothing more than you or I can (and do) do with a typical spreadsheet.

You will never convince me a computer program will do better than you or I, maybe AS good, but not better.

Also, this was not a Mega or Powerball win.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19898 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2011, 10:30 am - IP Logged

I bought a copy years ago but stop up dating it when I created my own program.  The company did a great job keeping their files updated and responding to any questions I had.  They continually updated the program as new games can along or old games changed their formats.  If I wanted to start using it again I could download the present version and request a new users code which would be sent to me since I'm a registered owner of the software.  I never liked having to get a new code every time I updated.

Sounds like Paul Hemphill was a realist, he didn't expect a win every time the played but continued to picked the best sets of numbers he could using the data he had and actually played them which paid off the second time.  Doing that would probably paid off eventually regardless of how you pick your numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #19223
              July 27, 2005
              44 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2011, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Twice in 16 years isn't bad.

I'll give the trial version a spin.

Not bad at all, go Paul Hemphill!

After reading about him and looking at some comments from Lotto Pro users her at Lottery Post, I downloaded the trial version last Wednesday, 7/21.  I use Gail Howard's A+ and FFWG software but there is no provision for Pick 3 and Pick 4.  It has some charts similar to GH's, not as in depth but helpful for research.  I do not buy tickets every day much less every week. 

I tried the software, used different settings, and Thursday night had I bought tickets-I would have played P3 boxed for 50 cents, I would have had a winner with Lotto Pro's Smart Pick option.  So Saturday with the main lotteries-Powerball, LA Lotto, & Easy 5, I got tickets.  Instead of playing 10 50cent box Pick 3s I played 5.  Playing 10 added 1 more number to make 5 tickets added to the first 5.  These would have been $40 winners a piece-paying for the software.  I did have a 2 number match for $1 with Easy 5. Approve  I've had small wins with GH's software before, the best was 13 tickets (all paid something), 4 numbers correct, but no jackpot.

So night before last, after the pick 3 draw I updated the winning numbers, and let the software pick some numbers, deciding to play for Tuesday night.  Bought my tickets, and lo and behold-checked my numbers-1 winner from my 10 50cent box tickets.  That is 3 times in 6 days-not bad I'd say, hope it keeps up.  Realizing luck and timing can wax & wane, I am excited that the software has done well so far, and can see what all the testimonials are about-even though you realize their stories may not happen to you.   

So if I do play Pick 3, I'll play the other $2.50 and get the 10.  I'm on a budget so I do watch what I spend.  Wednesday and Saturday are our big lottery nights (PB, La Lotto & Easy 5), so I'll be getting my tickets on the way to work this evening.

I set the Games back to 300, and Hot numbers to 10, saw that from a Lottery Post member.  So good luck Nino224, hopefully it will bring you some wins. 

Cheers

ko57