Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery machines cut tickets at the wrong place

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by dr65.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2011, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever had a lottery machine cut a scratch ticket at the wrong place? I have had one 1/5 of the way down. I got a new replacement from the manager. I wonder if it happens to others before and does it happen frequently?

mt zion illinois
    United States
    Member #110549
    May 6, 2011
    351 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2011, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Here in Illinois it happens time to time.. It hasn't happen to me all that often. But I have heard other people complain about it.

Kensington, Ct
      United States
      Member #111581
      May 28, 2011
      19 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2011, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I once had put $5 into a machine, chose one $5 ticket, and it gave me 4 of them.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40609 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2011, 10:11 am - IP Logged

I once had put $5 into a machine, chose one $5 ticket, and it gave me 4 of them.

Thats a nice surprise, Did you win?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2011, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever had a lottery machine cut a scratch ticket at the wrong place? I have had one 1/5 of the way down. I got a new replacement from the manager. I wonder if it happens to others before and does it happen frequently?

I've seen it a few times, but not that bad, only like 1/8" off, so I let it go. Wondered how much it would take for the lotto to declare a ticket void?

These machines do not seem to be high precision instruments, or at least not well maintained. Or could just be clerk loading sloppiness, the same clerks who sometimes load the ticket roll backwards starting with high ticket numbers instead of 000.

One time I dropped $20 in a machine and it would not give me the last $5 ticket, or any other ticket. This was in a grocery store, and I had to wait 10 minutes for the manager to finish running around to cashiers and other service issues to finally get to me and just gave me $5 bucks without even checking the machine. At another grocery store, the machine has been out of order for a month, or at least every week I've been there.

I think for some grocery stores, the lotto machines are more of a nuisance than a profit source, especially since they lowered the commissions. People go there mainly to buy groceries, I hardly ever see anyone buying or playing lotto there. Unlike at liquor stores and some convenience stores, where there is always a few people playing and seemingly more lotto sales that actual merchandise sales any thime I've been there.

Mamma28z's avatar - phone
            Lower MI
            United States
            Member #94546
            July 22, 2010
            247 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2011, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Happened to me in Ohio- it was a dollar ticket.

I had the directions on one half of it and the playing area along with the bar code on the other half- I won $18 and when I turned it in the clerk never said a word.  I did notice the next time in that store that ticket was marked out of order.

I also had a machine shooting out two at a time.. Only happend a few times and someone 'fixed' it !

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #104435
              January 14, 2011
              2244 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2011, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I've seen it a few times, but not that bad, only like 1/8" off, so I let it go. Wondered how much it would take for the lotto to declare a ticket void?

These machines do not seem to be high precision instruments, or at least not well maintained. Or could just be clerk loading sloppiness, the same clerks who sometimes load the ticket roll backwards starting with high ticket numbers instead of 000.

One time I dropped $20 in a machine and it would not give me the last $5 ticket, or any other ticket. This was in a grocery store, and I had to wait 10 minutes for the manager to finish running around to cashiers and other service issues to finally get to me and just gave me $5 bucks without even checking the machine. At another grocery store, the machine has been out of order for a month, or at least every week I've been there.

I think for some grocery stores, the lotto machines are more of a nuisance than a profit source, especially since they lowered the commissions. People go there mainly to buy groceries, I hardly ever see anyone buying or playing lotto there. Unlike at liquor stores and some convenience stores, where there is always a few people playing and seemingly more lotto sales that actual merchandise sales any thime I've been there.

wow. sometimes i gotta wait behind 10 people who are in line to buy from the machine, all the while being surrounded by a good 3-4 hawks. 

I agree though the stores seem to hate the machines. they close them an hour before closing the store and often times i see an out of order sign on them at those same grocers. some of the $20 tickets are not refilled for days at times. And I wont even get started with cashing $500 winners. you are either meet with a spiteful clerk jealous cause you won, a grumpy manager who is pissed he has to walk his overweight self to the back room to get money from the safe, or the ignorant and <snip>y punk who thinks they deserve a $20 tip.......

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                California
                United States
                Member #112364
                June 17, 2011
                661 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2011, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

wow. sometimes i gotta wait behind 10 people who are in line to buy from the machine, all the while being surrounded by a good 3-4 hawks. 

I agree though the stores seem to hate the machines. they close them an hour before closing the store and often times i see an out of order sign on them at those same grocers. some of the $20 tickets are not refilled for days at times. And I wont even get started with cashing $500 winners. you are either meet with a spiteful clerk jealous cause you won, a grumpy manager who is pissed he has to walk his overweight self to the back room to get money from the safe, or the ignorant and <snip>y punk who thinks they deserve a $20 tip.......

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

I don't know. I find that the the clerks behind the counter of well known grocery stores are more courteous, professional and friendly to me than the one from convenience stores. I trust them more than convenience stores. And I rarely have to wait in line and never seen any hawk. Other than few incidents like I described, my experience buying scratch and lotto tickets from grocery stores have always been great.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #104435
                  January 14, 2011
                  2244 Posts
                  Posted: July 24, 2011, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't know. I find that the the clerks behind the counter of well known grocery stores are more courteous, professional and friendly to me than the one from convenience stores. I trust them more than convenience stores. And I rarely have to wait in line and never seen any hawk. Other than few incidents like I described, my experience buying scratch and lotto tickets from grocery stores have always been great.

I prefer to buy and cash decent winners at a convenience store. why because the clerk will give you free beer if you cash a $500 winner or buy any roll.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22976 Posts
                    Posted: July 24, 2011, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

LOL!!

I get a harder time at big grocery stores....waiting, out of stock, problems with clerks attitudes and terminals down.

The only thing the bigger stores are good for is having cash on hand, you can't find that at the smaller gas stations

- they constantly drop their money. At the favorite store, the gal will hold drops so I can cash in while I'm there. It's

always nice to find a store that will take care of you...the smokeshop I like too. I like the places that treat a player

right.