Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone have these drawing outcomes?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by karinda.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2011, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

This is the 3rd or 4th time my numbers have been like this, but this is the closest it's been. It's like the balls are just taunting you. And once again out of my two sets of ticekts, one $3 ticket and one $2 MP/PP ticket, the more beneficial one would have won (last time it was for $28). 

All I could think when I looked up the numbers this morning was "figures...".

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2011, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

This is the 3rd or 4th time my numbers have been like this, but this is the closest it's been. It's like the balls are just taunting you. And once again out of my two sets of ticekts, one $3 ticket and one $2 MP/PP ticket, the more beneficial one would have won (last time it was for $28). 

What you do is buy your tickets on seperate playslips..Play your own numbers so that they will not be close to eachother...If you like the QP's hand the clerk one slip at a time..If your still not happy with QP's pick your own numbers on both slips..Good luck cause that's what you need..

Pure luck

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3854 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2011, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

ttech10,  i had this happen once on jc5,even closer,off by just one no. it was a 4/5 winner,paid $542.00.

i see you take the megaplier,smart move especially since your 5+0 nos. are so close.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2011, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

ttech10,

I'm sure that was Bang Head  for you, but close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and artillery, not lotto.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2011, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

@tiggs

Numbers close together aren't really an issue for me, I used to care but with winning numbers like last night had (the ones in red) I've learned that it doesn't matter if the numbers are all close or far apart.

The thing I was trying to point out is how the winning numbers were no more than digits away from mine (except for the MB). Just so close to that $1,000,000.

@haymaker

Dang I'm sure that was an exciting number checking. I definitely would have loved that $542 from that game or the $600 I almost had last night (would they have held taxes since it would kind of only be winning $598?).

I've been doing the extra dollar on one ticket lately while getting another ticket with 1-3 lines and no extra dollar on them. Since I've done that I've been winning more.

@Coin Toss

I usually try to get the winning numbers written down the night before and then check my tickets the next morning but I was stuck checking the Texas Lottery site today which showed the winner of 5+0 was won by someone from another city and that noone claimed the 4+1, so I knew I wouldn't be bringing anything really big home. It didn't really hit me until a little bit later just how close the ticket was.

After I had checked that ticket I finished my scratchoff I got earlier in the week and found out I won $30 (really only $10), so it kind of took the Bang Head away.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3854 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2011, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

@tiggs

Numbers close together aren't really an issue for me, I used to care but with winning numbers like last night had (the ones in red) I've learned that it doesn't matter if the numbers are all close or far apart.

The thing I was trying to point out is how the winning numbers were no more than digits away from mine (except for the MB). Just so close to that $1,000,000.

@haymaker

Dang I'm sure that was an exciting number checking. I definitely would have loved that $542 from that game or the $600 I almost had last night (would they have held taxes since it would kind of only be winning $598?).

I've been doing the extra dollar on one ticket lately while getting another ticket with 1-3 lines and no extra dollar on them. Since I've done that I've been winning more.

@Coin Toss

I usually try to get the winning numbers written down the night before and then check my tickets the next morning but I was stuck checking the Texas Lottery site today which showed the winner of 5+0 was won by someone from another city and that noone claimed the 4+1, so I knew I wouldn't be bringing anything really big home. It didn't really hit me until a little bit later just how close the ticket was.

After I had checked that ticket I finished my scratchoff I got earlier in the week and found out I won $30 (really only $10), so it kind of took the Bang Head away.

ttech,funny thing,did't know i had a winner til i used the scanner. even worse the tic. was in my truck sun visor,parked in atlantic city.

when i gave the clerk my tic. she looked more suprised than me.as far as the tax thing,i think the rule is $600.00 or less,so if you win $600.01,i think you get a tax form.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

California
              United States
              Member #61514
              May 25, 2008
              67 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2011, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

A couple draws ago, I was off by 1 number on each of the 5 white balls. The numbers on my ticket were either 1 higher or 1 lower.  Missed  the mega number by a mile, though.  I'd post the ticket, but I threw the ticket away since it wasn't a winner.

Already regretting delurking...

United States
                Member #111186
                May 20, 2011
                344 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2011, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

ttech10,

I'm sure that was Bang Head  for you, but close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and artillery, not lotto.

LoL

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40296 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2011, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Keep playing them, could be an omen.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #108445
                    March 25, 2011
                    2855 Posts
                    Posted: August 4, 2011, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Yes. I've seen this on both QP's and when I've selected my own numbers, but on the Cash-5 in NJ.

Never this close on a big game though, or even when I've played the NJ Pick-6.

Listen to Sully.