Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How To Control Your Lottery Spending ( Set A Loss Limit ) By Following This Strategy To Win

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11982 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2011, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

We can control our LOTTERY SPENDING ( SET A LOSS LIMIT ) by following this playing method on a DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY OR YEARLY basis.

1) PLAY MORE OFTEN FOR LESS LINES.

PLAYING A SINGLE LINE

2) PLAY LESS OFTEN FOR MORE LINES.

PLAYING MULTIPLE LINES

3) PLAY LESS OFTEN FOR LESS LINES.I PLAY A SINGLE LINE MONTHLY OR YEARLY REGARDLESS OF THE JACKPOT SIZE WHEN I WANT TO QUIT PLAYING THE LOTTERY.

PLAYING A SINGLE LINE

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2011, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

i keep a budget for all gambling.

lottery: $15 a wk. sometimes i go over if i get a tip at work,that will go for xtra jc5 tics.when the JP has grown .

football: $200 max for the season .

horses:$600 max yr.

total:abt 1600 yr.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49813 Posts
      Posted: August 5, 2011, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

A stop loss limit is very important and I urge anyone that plays to have a stop loss limit to protect their large sum of ready gambling money. You should have a stop loss limit to avoid losing too much money on a bad day. While setting up a loss limit is a great idea in theory, there are plenty of gamblers who won't have the will power to stick with these limits. These are the same people who will never make any money or come close to breaking even in gambling. It's definitely hard to stick with loss limits because there is so much temptation to keep gambling no matter which way Lady Luck is sending the money. The better you are at sticking with your loss limits over the long run, the more successful and happy you will be at the end of game play.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

East Coast Sand
        United States
        Member #114387
        July 30, 2011
        21 Posts
        Posted: August 5, 2011, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I started playing when I quit smoking, and every time I play (and I never miss a PB/MM drawing since I quit), it reminds me how much I use to spend on smoking that I now don't spend.  Not to mention, it makes me smile when I remind myself that by buying lottery tickets I am "helping out the public education system."  (that never did make 100% sense to me, but it always has made me smile)

So, I dont control my spending other than to make sure that I purchase at least 1 ticket every tuesday, wednesday, friday and saturday.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2011, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Congrats Fondant on quitting smokingThumbs Up

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
            Beautiful Florida
            United States
            Member #5709
            July 18, 2004
            20124 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2011, 11:33 am - IP Logged

A stop loss limit is very important and I urge anyone that plays to have a stop loss limit to protect their large sum of ready gambling money. You should have a stop loss limit to avoid losing too much money on a bad day. While setting up a loss limit is a great idea in theory, there are plenty of gamblers who won't have the will power to stick with these limits. These are the same people who will never make any money or come close to breaking even in gambling. It's definitely hard to stick with loss limits because there is so much temptation to keep gambling no matter which way Lady Luck is sending the money. The better you are at sticking with your loss limits over the long run, the more successful and happy you will be at the end of game play.

That Raven,

Is solid, healthy advise for all players...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40606 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2011, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Wise words.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11982 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2011, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Raven62, you really got the message of my post.Thank you very much for explaining it.I hope that all lottery post players set up a stop loss limit in order to win one of those elusive second prizes or the jackpot.Since i started posting on lottery post i was trying to let other players know that whether you play a single line or multiple lines, we have to follow a stop loss limit to be successful over the long run.THANKS AGAIN RAVEN62 YOU DESERVE YOUR MEMBER STATUS WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO BUSINESS TO HELP OTHERS TO WIN.

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11982 Posts
                  Posted: August 7, 2011, 11:00 am - IP Logged

We can control our LOTTERY SPENDING ( SET A LOSS LIMIT ) by following this playing method on a DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY OR YEARLY basis.

1) PLAY MORE OFTEN FOR LESS LINES.

PLAYING A SINGLE LINE

2) PLAY LESS OFTEN FOR MORE LINES.

PLAYING MULTIPLE LINES

3) PLAY LESS OFTEN FOR LESS LINES.I PLAY A SINGLE LINE MONTHLY OR YEARLY REGARDLESS OF THE JACKPOT SIZE WHEN I WANT TO QUIT PLAYING THE LOTTERY.

PLAYING A SINGLE LINE

2) PLAY LESS OFTEN FOR MORE LINES. My LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT is 5 LINES monthly for powerball or mega millions.I already played 5 LINES on mega millions for august 2011, therefore i have zero chance of winning on any mega millions or powerball drawing regardless of the jackpot amount for august 2011.

LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT= 5 LINES MONTHLY

3) PLAY LESS OFTEN FOR LESS LINES.My LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT for 2012 will be 1 LINE monthly for whatever lottery game i decide to play.

LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT=1 LINE MONTHLY