Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What does the following number signify?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 5 years ago by madscratch11.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: August 5, 2011, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

At the back of every scratch off tickets or at least it is the case here in California, there are 4 type of numbers unique to each ticket. The number looks like this 700-173520-9-045.

The 1st number, 700 is the Game Number. In this case 700 is the game Bedazzled.

The 2nd number, 173520 is the roll number. 

The 4th number, 045 is the position of the ticket in the roll. 045 indicates the 45th or rather the 46th ticket in the roll since they begin numbering from 000 instead of 001.

The mystery number is the 3th number, 9 in this case. I have never figured out what it is. I bought 7 tickets of the same game from 6 different locations and the 3th numbers are all different. Even the 2 tickets from 2 rolls that I bought from the same store have different 3th number. They have numbers 1, 3, 5, 8, 6 and 9. Does anyone know what this number signify?

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #103813
    January 5, 2011
    1530 Posts
    Posted: August 5, 2011, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it means anything. Probably just a hash or check digit for extra accounting purposes. I've bought from sequential books and there doesn't appear to be any clear pattern that I could see.(but maybe Mohan Srivastava could...)

I'm more interested in how you convert the game-book-ticket serial numbers to the (hidden) lottery numbers with the moving 3-digit boxed numbers. That would not really tell you anything or give you any advantage by looking at the serial numbers. But just curious how they combine in the prize value with the serial number and other numbers and algorithms to come up with that lottery number.

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
      BOSTON
      United States
      Member #48
      September 9, 2001
      3594 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2011, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I always felt that there might be a hidden key in those digits to determine winning tickets. I do not think they are randomized. I really believe this. Mmmmm now if someone can crack this!!!!!!

Big Stone Gap, VA
        United States
        Member #108912
        April 2, 2011
        68 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2011, 6:08 am - IP Logged

I was purchasing a Gold Rush ticket at Publix one day when a lady came in and told me and the clerk that number supposedly represents the number of tickets in that book with a value of $20 or more. Next time I hit I'll make note of that number but I don't believe the Fl Lottery is going to make it that easy.