Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won the lottery, would YOU go on The Lottery Changed My Life?

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

If you won, would you go on the TV show The Lottery Changed My Life?

You betcha [ 12 ]  [14.81%]
Only if a positive outcome [ 3 ]  [3.70%]
Only if a negative outcome [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No way, jose' [ 52 ]  [64.20%]
Only if I could wear a bag over my head [ 4 ]  [4.94%]
I'll think about it [ 10 ]  [12.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 81 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2011, 9:49 am - IP Logged

id want the sort of appearance fee tom cruise would get.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    North Carolina
    United States
    Member #64582
    September 1, 2008
    347 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2011, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Dadgum straight.

But I'd do it like a talk show and have a couple guests to interview along the way.

Probably interesting personalities like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachman. I'd probably give em each a million dollars walkin' around money too.

Instead of a desk like Leno and that idiot Letterman use, we'd all just be on the couch with me in the middle conducting the interview.

Of course we'd have a little Jack Daniels to relax and unwind before and during the interview so the guests could more comfortably gather their thoughts while I regale them with my anecdotes.

Then it would be off to the party bus to hit every dadgum honky-tonk in the mountains. And teach them wimmins to dance!

And I'd let the guests and tv people know ahead of time that like that old 'Pork and the Havana Ducks' song said:

We ain't leavin' til we're heavin'

And pukin' in the parkin' lot.

Dadgum straight.

I remember that 21-year-old pregnant college student who won, at that time, the largest Powerball jackpot ever. She was on the David Letterman Show (when it was still on NBC, so a LONG time ago! 1990's? 1980's?). I always wondered what happened to her (and her kid - and her ex-boyfriend/father of the baby). After that, they would usually have the big winners on his show.

I used to dream about going on the show after winning, but like they say, with age comes wisdom... for some. At least I know now - and being on this group has reaffirmed it - being anonymous is the way to go!

I like how myturn said, "No, winning the lottery is not a curse, it is the publicity that is the curse."  I agree with that - to a point. You need a financial advisor to help you handle the money so it doesn't become a curse but a blessing.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2011, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I remember that 21-year-old pregnant college student who won, at that time, the largest Powerball jackpot ever. She was on the David Letterman Show (when it was still on NBC, so a LONG time ago! 1990's? 1980's?). I always wondered what happened to her (and her kid - and her ex-boyfriend/father of the baby). After that, they would usually have the big winners on his show.

I used to dream about going on the show after winning, but like they say, with age comes wisdom... for some. At least I know now - and being on this group has reaffirmed it - being anonymous is the way to go!

I like how myturn said, "No, winning the lottery is not a curse, it is the publicity that is the curse."  I agree with that - to a point. You need a financial advisor to help you handle the money so it doesn't become a curse but a blessing.

I want you on my party bus if I win, dk, and we're gonna drive up to NYC and give that doofus Letterman some money to get his goofy lookin' teeth fixed.

He looks like he could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
        NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
        United States
        Member #106371
        February 17, 2011
        9703 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2011, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I want you on my party bus if I win, dk, and we're gonna drive up to NYC and give that doofus Letterman some money to get his goofy lookin' teeth fixed.

He looks like he could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.

oo men rdg you make me craking on that . hahhaa u soo right about it

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2011, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

id want the sort of appearance fee tom cruise would get.

I'll think about it.

Actually I'll wait till I spend most of it, then go on and talk about how great it was.

:-)

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2011, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

No way.... Jose!!!!!!

rukiafae's avatar - box
              NC
              United States
              Member #100192
              November 7, 2010
              125 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2011, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Nope and ill already be in hiding by the time the press release comes out with my name and town from the NCEL. With a last name like mine, and in a small town like mine, it wouldnt be hard to find me (or my kids ,which is where a lot of my concern comes in!).

i dont want or need that kind of attention. no interviews, no tv shows, no thank you!

c- ya!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2011, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Why is it tiggs asks,Oprah Donald Trump Bill Gates Warren Buffet and a bunch of other millionaires and billionaires are all on TV now and then and are not bothered by scummy people asking and begging for thier money?..Why is it lottery winners are bothered by these scummy people..tiggs would love to find out about this before he drops dead...

Pure luck

rukiafae's avatar - box
                  NC
                  United States
                  Member #100192
                  November 7, 2010
                  125 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2011, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Why is it tiggs asks,Oprah Donald Trump Bill Gates Warren Buffet and a bunch of other millionaires and billionaires are all on TV now and then and are not bothered by scummy people asking and begging for thier money?..Why is it lottery winners are bothered by these scummy people..tiggs would love to find out about this before he drops dead...

i dont know.... maybe, because for many of them the wealth came over time and not overnight, much of the $ is invested in their company so not really 'cash on hand', and its not publicized all over the news and internet that so and so just got millions of dollars...

although, im sure they get their fair share of sob stories... they probably just have people to get rid of them LOL

Monkey Butt, USA
                    United States
                    Member #54569
                    August 23, 2007
                    1124 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2011, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

The only problem is, the segment about me would have to be taped from my new home in the heart of Pakistan.  See Ya!

I intend to move to the neighborhood Osama Bin Laden lived in for 9 1/2 years before the U.S. Intellegence was able to find him.   Dupe Alert

I figure if it took the U.S. Government that long to find Bin Laden in Pakistan, then all the money grubbing moochers that believe I should share with them doesn't stand a chance of locating my monkey butt. LOL

LOL

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      San Diego, CA
                      United States
                      Member #112369
                      June 17, 2011
                      187 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2011, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

My actual answer would be "No way, Jose" but the Unknown Comic (and/or early 70's New Orleans Saints fans) reference is too good to pass up.  Similar to the Gong Show equivalent, this would be the Unknown Millionaire.

I'd also enjoy some Jack Daniels as Ridge suggested and say things like "Hey, Chucky, baby" to everybody during the interview and never answer anything in all seriousness.

Not that they would ever use the recording of it, unless they wanted to show "What terrible things can go wrong after winning the lotto" even though it would all be tongue-in-cheek.

But walking around like Dudley Moore in Arthur (with a paper bag added) would be pretty fun for a day.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2011, 2:44 am - IP Logged

I'd have no problem going on the show, and I would be the most boring person they would ever have, because the Lottery would not change my life aside from making me retired, and the owner of ONE nice exotic car. Just about nothing else would change.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2011, 2:47 am - IP Logged

Because those guys know how to say NO, and some lottery winners cannot say NO to much of anyone.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                            Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2011, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

I voted No Way Jose!  Some things are better kept a secret : )

Just get me thru this so called life......

locobahama's avatar - white face.jpg
                              Nassau
                              Bahamas
                              Member #83132
                              November 29, 2009
                              372 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2011, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I would deffinitely go, five years later though ,lmao, when my benz and new house is five years old, money invested, son's trust fund is setup, and am in the caymans for nine months, and back home just for three, yeah, i would diffinitely do it, that is, if there is no time line.

"Show me the money"