Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Finding a number to use as a double.

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
Winning makes me smile.
bel air maryland
United States
Member #90251
April 24, 2010
4852 Posts
Posted: August 14, 2011, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

I've never been a big doubles player because they only hit 27% of the time, plus I could never decide how to pick the numbers to double. I was looking at my skip and hit charts when I started to notice something. A lot of the doubles were a digit that hit the day before. So I broke out my old charts going back to February 2005 and started counting and here is what I found. What I did was, I looked at the winning doubles number and counted back the number of misses /days until the last time the doubled number hit as a single or double. This may apply to other states also.

This is based on Maryland for both the mid. and eve. drawings. This is the number of misses right before a double.

MIDDAY                                                      EVENING

number of misses / times a double hit after / %      number of misses / times a double hit after / %

0 -  179       28%                                              0 - 186     28.6%

1    122       19%                                               1 -139     21.4%                                                                   

2   - 96         15%                                               2 - 90    13.8%                                                                   

3  -  67                                                             3  - 51

4  -  42                                                             4  - 58

5  -  35                                                             5  - 28

6  -  26                                                             6  - 31

7  -  18                                                             7  - 19

8  -  12                                                             8  -   8

9  -   4                                                              9  -  12

10 -   7                                                             10  -   7

over 10  -  32                                                     over 10  -  20

TOTAL   640                                                      TOTAL    649

There is a 47% chance on mid.  and a 50% chance on eve. a double will come from a  prior digit drawn after 0 or 1 misses.   Zero misses is when a double comes from a number drawn the day before. One miss is when there is 1 day between the double and the number drawn. Two misses is when there is 2 days between the double and the number drawn etc. 

I hope this can help LP members  determine which numbers to double. GOOD LUCK!!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
    Member #76986
    July 10, 2009
    8034 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2011, 12:14 am - IP Logged

I've never been a big doubles player because they only hit 27% of the time, plus I could never decide how to pick the numbers to double. I was looking at my skip and hit charts when I started to notice something. A lot of the doubles were a digit that hit the day before. So I broke out my old charts going back to February 2005 and started counting and here is what I found. What I did was, I looked at the winning doubles number and counted back the number of misses /days until the last time the doubled number hit as a single or double. This may apply to other states also.

This is based on Maryland for both the mid. and eve. drawings. This is the number of misses right before a double.

MIDDAY                                                      EVENING

number of misses / times a double hit after / %      number of misses / times a double hit after / %

0 -  179       28%                                              0 - 186     28.6%

1    122       19%                                               1 -139     21.4%                                                                   

2   - 96         15%                                               2 - 90    13.8%                                                                   

3  -  67                                                             3  - 51

4  -  42                                                             4  - 58

5  -  35                                                             5  - 28

6  -  26                                                             6  - 31

7  -  18                                                             7  - 19

8  -  12                                                             8  -   8

9  -   4                                                              9  -  12

10 -   7                                                             10  -   7

over 10  -  32                                                     over 10  -  20

TOTAL   640                                                      TOTAL    649

There is a 47% chance on mid.  and a 50% chance on eve. a double will come from a  prior digit drawn after 0 or 1 misses.   Zero misses is when a double comes from a number drawn the day before. One miss is when there is 1 day between the double and the number drawn. Two misses is when there is 2 days between the double and the number drawn etc. 

I hope this can help LP members  determine which numbers to double. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks, grwurston! Sun Smiley

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
      Member #91718
      May 23, 2010
      690 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2011, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Maybe, it's just me and it's late but please better explain what you mean.

Thanks

Winning makes me smile.
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4852 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2011, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Maybe, it's just me and it's late but please better explain what you mean.

Thanks

In a nutshell, 50% of the time the digit that is the double, will be one of the digits from the drawing the day before or the day before that, at least in Maryland. Good Luck!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
          Member #91718
          May 23, 2010
          690 Posts
          Posted: August 20, 2011, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Agree. 100% of the time the double will contain a number thru 0-9.

Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4852 Posts
            Posted: August 21, 2011, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, grwurston! Sun Smiley

You're welcome. Reducing the numbers to play, from 1 out of 10 to 1 out of 6 or less, makes sense to me.