Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

hi hello! new here, introduction and a question

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
san diego, california
United States
Member #115270
August 17, 2011
3 Posts
Posted: August 21, 2011, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi I'm new around here. found about the site some time ago when i was looking for the winning powerball numbers and came across

a youtube vid that had the sites name on it. funny thing was, one of the numbers was wrong lol. 

been lurking since then, and decided to finally join. I hope to be a contributing member to the site as time goes on.

I'm a computer programmer, and I make websites in my spare time.

As a hobby of mine I spend my time looking for patterns in lottery games.

I have a few theories, but until I win something big with them, I can't say they even work yet.

now that introductions are out of the way.......

Is it illegal to form a business with the sole intention of using it to win the lottery?

I was thinking about start a massive lottery pool and put ads in the paper and online for people who wanted to get in.

I am just not sure if its against any laws, specifically in NY.

ESR54's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg
    BRONX N.Y.10459
    United States
    Member #86575
    February 6, 2010
    1057 Posts
    Posted: August 21, 2011, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Lo,  we have pools  here check maddog  pool ,I think powerball  and mega-pool.Lover

The money  part, i really don't know. I hope you will share  the site  or  system  one day. Thanks for the infoLovies.Lovies             Lurking                Lovies   Lovies             Lurking      Lovies    Lovies

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: August 21, 2011, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post liquidmetalix!

What you're talking about is just a lottery pool or a lottery club, not a business. No problem advertising that as far as I know unless maybe you're talking about charging a membership fee or dues to generate an income aside from lottery winnings. Then it would probably be considered a business and you'd have to abide by all the legal requirements relative to that. 

Best of luck to you!LepThumbs UpYes Nod

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

san diego, california
        United States
        Member #115270
        August 17, 2011
        3 Posts
        Posted: August 21, 2011, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

oh ok. no i don't plan on charging any type of fee's whatsoever. any income gained will be purely from lottery tickets bought by the pool. 
        my idea in a nutshell would be to rent out somewhere (preferably a large office space) and people are able to come in and add to the pool whatever amount they want over $10. all prizes will be distributed based on a percentage of how much each person put in the pool for that drawing.
        all numbers played will be entered into a sql database so that way they may be viewed by pool members at any time from our website.
        all tickets will be scanned prior to each drawing and their images will be uploaded to the site as well so that members may print them out at their
        own leisure for their own personal copies.
        the space will remain open until after the drawing has ended, so anyone who wants to wait there till then is welcome to do so.
        after the drawing, we will then check our numbers (using our lotto software) and if there are any winners, amounts will be posted on the site, and depending on how much it is cash may be divied out at that time or on the following day.
        for members who are not there at that time, money will be sent via paypal to them.
        in the event of a major jackpot, all members will be notified immediatally after the drawing has ended, so that we may then decide on how best to go about it.

we will be covering all NY games (not sure how i handle numbers and pick 4 yet)

sounds like a good plan?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: August 21, 2011, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

oh ok. no i don't plan on charging any type of fee's whatsoever. any income gained will be purely from lottery tickets bought by the pool. 
          my idea in a nutshell would be to rent out somewhere (preferably a large office space) and people are able to come in and add to the pool whatever amount they want over $10. all prizes will be distributed based on a percentage of how much each person put in the pool for that drawing.
          all numbers played will be entered into a sql database so that way they may be viewed by pool members at any time from our website.
          all tickets will be scanned prior to each drawing and their images will be uploaded to the site as well so that members may print them out at their
          the space will remain open until after the drawing has ended, so anyone who wants to wait there till then is welcome to do so.
          after the drawing, we will then check our numbers (using our lotto software) and if there are any winners, amounts will be posted on the site, and depending on how much it is cash may be divied out at that time or on the following day.
          for members who are not there at that time, money will be sent via paypal to them.
          in the event of a major jackpot, all members will be notified immediatally after the drawing has ended, so that we may then decide on how best to go about it.

sounds like a good plan?

IDK, who's gonna pay for that large NYC office space?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19821 Posts
            Posted: August 21, 2011, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

sounds like a good plan?

Sounds like something that has been tried before.  You might google lottery pools and lottery clubs to see if any of them are still around.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: August 22, 2011, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP liquidmetalix........

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7298 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2011, 10:12 am - IP Logged

Sounds like something that has been tried before.  You might google lottery pools and lottery clubs to see if any of them are still around.

Sounds like the numbers runners where I worked. One guy gave $6 worth of play for $5 and paid $600 to $1; it was a very competitive business.

san diego, california
                  United States
                  Member #115270
                  August 17, 2011
                  3 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2011, 1:24 am - IP Logged

i have no problem paying for the space. i see it as a investment

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: August 23, 2011, 3:47 am - IP Logged

thats the sort of question you would need to talk to lawyers about.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297