Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

FLA Lottery site down for me for a month now

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by skeptic.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #104435
January 14, 2011
2244 Posts
Posted: August 22, 2011, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I have not been able to access the Fla Lotto site for over a month now. anyone else have this problem ? I wonder if they blocked my IP cause i send them so many questions asking about the locations of winners and prizes remaining ......

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #109275
    April 9, 2011
    1495 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2011, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

This site??

http://www.flalottery.com/

Worked for me.. Maybe they know I am out of state.lol

Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2011, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

This site??

yeah and its not working .... 

I basically sent them questions asking about how many lower tier prizes are left and where the winners were sold. I want to know exactly so I can map out the stores i will buy tickets from. i dont want to buy a roll of a game from a store that has sold a winner of $1,000 or more on that particular game. it usually means the next rolls are cold. maybe they caught onto my tactics and decided to block me from the website ?? maybe it was because of my last email where i questioned if lottery officials have inside knowledge of locations of 'hot' rolls ?? they obviously dont want me pestering them again .....

Fla386's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #99664
        October 29, 2010
        3332 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2011, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

This site??

Works for me..

Maybe they did block your IP or something,very strange though..

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2011, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I have not been able to access the Fla Lotto site for over a month now. anyone else have this problem ? I wonder if they blocked my IP cause i send them so many questions asking about the locations of winners and prizes remaining ......

Maybe it's because your IP address shows that you're from ESTONIA, not from Florida.  Not even from the United States.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

SARASOTA, FL
            United States
            Member #95778
            August 17, 2010
            1090 Posts
            Posted: August 22, 2011, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Hey James - do you ever have that feeling that people are out to getcha ?  LOL !

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #109275
              April 9, 2011
              1495 Posts
              Posted: August 22, 2011, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Too funny. Going through a Proxy and doesnt even know it. James.. You get hit with some spyware? If you use Internet Explorer. Click Tools-Internet Options-Connections Tab and lan settings at the bottom. Make sure Proxy is UNCHECKED

Florida
                United States
                Member #104435
                January 14, 2011
                2244 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2011, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

wow .... I will have my computer checked tomorrow by my friend. that might fix the problem. have not updated my spyware protection now since it expired a few months ago. lesson learned now to get my computer checked / fixed !!

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #109275
                  April 9, 2011
                  1495 Posts
                  Posted: August 22, 2011, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

wow .... I will have my computer checked tomorrow by my friend. that might fix the problem. have not updated my spyware protection now since it expired a few months ago. lesson learned now to get my computer checked / fixed !!

Was it checked? I been working IT for 15 years now, so it is 2nd nature to help. Microsoft Security essentials(google it) is a good free antivirus. Malwarebytes(www.malwarebytes.org) is a good free spyware program. i reccomend paying the $25 one time fee to buy it though(runs real time along with an antivirus). I swear by both of them and they keep things nice and clean.  If you reload an antivirus, you have to remove any previous anti viruses though. You can have multiple Spyware programs loaded. i will gladly help if you need it.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #104435
                    January 14, 2011
                    2244 Posts
                    Posted: August 22, 2011, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

I need a thorough cleaning. my norton expired 3 months ago and i uploaded some other protection which turned out to be a virus...... my passwords for email / online accounts got leaked, thankfully no money was taken. I think i could of got it at JFK or some airport as I flew to new england a few times, ever since to think of it its infected.

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #109275
                      April 9, 2011
                      1495 Posts
                      Posted: August 22, 2011, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Possible. Open wifi networks are the worse(especially at non trusted places). One thing to be at a friends house, but another to be at a huge public location.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23260 Posts
                        Posted: August 22, 2011, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

I need a thorough cleaning. my norton expired 3 months ago and i uploaded some other protection which turned out to be a virus...... my passwords for email / online accounts got leaked, thankfully no money was taken. I think i could of got it at JFK or some airport as I flew to new england a few times, ever since to think of it its infected.

You can't get a computer virus by going through an airport.   The most common way to get a virus is to click a link or attachment in an e-mail.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

SARASOTA, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95778
                          August 17, 2010
                          1090 Posts
                          Posted: August 23, 2011, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I use AVG2011 - it's free - and boy it picks up a threat immediatley and removes it in a heart beat!  I also have Malwarebytes (free) and once in while I'll do a Spybot scan (free too) . I read many faults about Norton and when I did use it a few years ago I wound up with a bad virus it never caught. For me the best ones I listed are free. Also I 'd use the free microsoft safety scanner - now and then to check for a virus. It takes about three hours to complete and seems to work well. I'll set before I hit the sack and let it run and check it for results when I get up.

Years ago I tried some on line that do an instant check for free and then show you thousands of errors - then ask you to pay and sign up to remove !!! . All fake. And some will give you a free virus :)

My computer expert (a Korean whiz repairman) put me on to the ones I have and since then I have had no issues.

Hope this may help you James.