Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Frenchman that cracked down the French Lottery

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 5 years ago by Boney526.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Quebec
Canada
Member #115612
August 24, 2011
29 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2011, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Here is an article that I read this morning in the newspaper from AFP : I translated the article :

Agence France-Presse
Paris

A Lotto player, who won the equivalent of 2.8 million euros in 1996, received a check Wednesday of 3.7 millions euros (4.2 million Canadian dollars) after winning the draw for the 27 July, announced the French games. ( La Française des Jeux )

"I have a lucky star," said the anonymous winner on the phone told AFP, adding that he was still playing the same numbers since the Lotto in 1976.

This quiet inhabitant of Herault (south of France) has said being "very happy" but he welcomes the new gain "with great calm and serenity," " This second winning makes him less effect than the first ".

The guy in the fifties  working "in the industry" said he had invested his first win of April 1996 (18 818 305 francs, the equivalent of 2.860 million euros, according to its own calculations) in "business" . He intends to use this new gain 3.7 millions euros "to ensure a legacy to his two children."

He told  playing a thousand euros a month with "multiple grids on several different grids."

Each player (2 euros minimum) has one chance in 19 million finding the six correct numbers in the front row needed to win the pot.

The French game has calculated that a single player would have one chance in 363 billion on two occasions to find the right six Lotto numbers.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #99032
    October 18, 2010
    1439 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2011, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

It's not a 361 billion chance, unless he only bought two tickets.  I hate when they write things like that - clearly the man bought more than 2 tickets in his life.