Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery Office Adminstration Needs To Change

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 5 years ago by TheRightPrice.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #39955
May 24, 2006
31 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2011, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

The Florida Lottery office in Tallahasse seems to be opposed to the idea of posting on their website the Florida Lottery number history to the degree of detail that is provided by the PowerBall game on their website.  The Powerball game on their website provides the number results for test drawings, the ballsets used, and the numbers in the order they were drawn in and a variety of dates. 

In contrast, the Florida Lottery only provides the numbers drawn and what date they were drawn in. In short, the data they are providing is by no means in the same level of detail that the PowerBall game provides electronically on their website.

I am so bothered by all of this to the degree that I'm trying  to  determine what is the best way to force them to change.  I want available for download all drawing history for all games that includes a lot more detail than they currently offer.  After talking to them on the phone the impression I got is that they don't want to change. 

Invoking the Florida Sunshine law does not seem to work. They feel they are complying to the Florida Sunshine Law by by mailing to you all the number history you want printed on paper,  which is useless.

Is using Social Media such as Facebook and Twitter the best way to get the Florida Lottery Office to change their data disclosure policy?  I would like everyone out there spending money in the Florida Lottery games to call the office at Tallahassee and request that they make available for download on their website the data for all the games to the degree of detail that matches the PowerBall game website. Any ideas on how we can make the Florida Lottery change it's data disclosure policy will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95879
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2011, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

The Florida Lottery office in Tallahasse seems to be opposed to the idea of posting on their website the Florida Lottery number history to the degree of detail that is provided by the PowerBall game on their website.  The Powerball game on their website provides the number results for test drawings, the ballsets used, and the numbers in the order they were drawn in and a variety of dates. 

In contrast, the Florida Lottery only provides the numbers drawn and what date they were drawn in. In short, the data they are providing is by no means in the same level of detail that the PowerBall game provides electronically on their website.

I am so bothered by all of this to the degree that I'm trying  to  determine what is the best way to force them to change.  I want available for download all drawing history for all games that includes a lot more detail than they currently offer.  After talking to them on the phone the impression I got is that they don't want to change. 

Invoking the Florida Sunshine law does not seem to work. They feel they are complying to the Florida Sunshine Law by by mailing to you all the number history you want printed on paper,  which is useless.

Is using Social Media such as Facebook and Twitter the best way to get the Florida Lottery Office to change their data disclosure policy?  I would like everyone out there spending money in the Florida Lottery games to call the office at Tallahassee and request that they make available for download on their website the data for all the games to the degree of detail that matches the PowerBall game website. Any ideas on how we can make the Florida Lottery change it's data disclosure policy will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I can understand your reasoning behind this, BUT I do not believe it is law to provide the "test draw" data. Only to have an independent attorney present in such draws.

As you stated above, the FL Lottery's site does offer the entire draw history of all their games available in PDF/HTML format - Just not the "test" draws.

Also since PowerBall is a nationwide game, it is most likely PowerBalls decision to make this info available, not any specific state. FL is following the law here.

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2011, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I doubt Floriduh would want to self-incriminate themselves...ha ha hha ha aha.

Once they show how many times they rotate the machines, ball sets, tubes, and the 17 pretests, before a draw, they might as well buy some rope for themselves for the town square public hanging...lol

AUGUST 27 Eve draw Cash-3

Machine set Choices:A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P

Chosen: H

Ball Set Choices: B-1, B-2, B-3, B-4, B-5, B-6, B-7

Chosen: B-3

Tube Choices: T-A, T-B, T-C, T-D, T-E, T-F, T-G, T-H, T-I, T-J, T-K, T-L

Chosen: T-K

Water boarding test choices: Well-1, Well-2, Well-3, Well-4, Well-5

Chosen: Well-4

Washing machine spin cycle test choices: Machine-A, Machine-B, Machine-C, machine-D

Chosen: Machine-1

Thrown Down Staircase test Choices: Stairs: 1-A, 2-B, 3-C, 4-D, 5-E

Chosen: 5-E

Locked in a Basement with an Insurance salesman for 3 hours Test Choices: Basement-1/Car insurance, Basement-2/Life insurance, Basement-3/Fire Insurance, Basement-4/Health Insurance

Chosen: Health Insurance

Pretests: 17

Results,

Pretest 1- 481

Pretest 2- 100

Pretest 3- 253

Pretest 4- 399

Pretest 5- 846

Pretest 6- 549

Pretest 7- 052

Pretest 8- 537

Pretest 9- 668

Pretest 10-917

Pretest 11-494

Pretest 12-732

Pretest 13-869

Pretest 14-348

Pretest 15-192

Pretest 16-020

Pretest 17-177

The following pretests were conducted to ensure the machine is working properly. We are aware of concerns raised by many players who have written to us complaining about the wear and tear on the machine due to the amount of pretests. We assure you there's no need to worry, as we have 16 machines at our disposal.

Please Play responsibly...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2011, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Perfect example of the difference between government run and private enterprise.

Private enterprise is usually responsive to the wants, needs and demands of the consumer.

Government run? They really don't give a dam what you think.

And them's the cold hard facts.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
          The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2011, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

One more thing, last time I checked FL Lottery doesnt have a FB account setup. There was talks about it, but last I checked it was created yet.

Besides, do you really think a few people squealing about it on Facebook/Twitter will really make them oblige to your request? Isn't gonna happen

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49813 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2011, 11:21 am - IP Logged

It's an Old Story: Don't give a Sucker an Even Break! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Orlando, FL
              United States
              Member #115785
              August 28, 2011
              259 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2011, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Corruption is everywhere. There is no escaping it.