Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Payment in 20Yr Installments

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 5 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #103217
December 31, 2010
96 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2011, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

It is my undertstanding at least in NY state that all instant lotteries whose top prize is 1 million or more is paid in installments, typically over 20 year period. How about the 2nd prize, is that paid in installments too? sometimes the 2nd prize can be 100K or 250k. How about instant lottery whose top prize is 250K or 300K, is that paid in installments? The reason I'm asking is say if the top prize is 250K and if it is paid over 20 yr installments then it will be about 12.5K per year before taxes, which is not much. How can you find out whether the payments will be made in installments or in lum sum?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: August 26, 2011, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

It is my undertstanding at least in NY state that all instant lotteries whose top prize is 1 million or more is paid in installments, typically over 20 year period. How about the 2nd prize, is that paid in installments too? sometimes the 2nd prize can be 100K or 250k. How about instant lottery whose top prize is 250K or 300K, is that paid in installments? The reason I'm asking is say if the top prize is 250K and if it is paid over 20 yr installments then it will be about 12.5K per year before taxes, which is not much. How can you find out whether the payments will be made in installments or in lum sum?

I kinda doubt they'd pay those amounts (100K to 250K) in installments but you could call or email them and find out.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2011, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

pic

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2011, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

pic

He's asking about scratchers.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NY
          United States
          Member #103217
          December 31, 2010
          96 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2011, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

He's asking about scratchers.

Correct

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2011, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

If a prize is paid out in installments, it will say so on the ticket. Otherwise, the prize is paid all at once.

If your scratcher wins $20, and the clerk offers you $1 and tells you to come back for another $1 each of the next 19 years, you're in Mr. Patel's store. Take your scratcher and run.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7302 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2011, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

If a prize is paid out in installments, it will say so on the ticket. Otherwise, the prize is paid all at once.

If your scratcher wins $20, and the clerk offers you $1 and tells you to come back for another $1 each of the next 19 years, you're in Mr. Patel's store. Take your scratcher and run.

LMAO!

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                California
                United States
                Member #112364
                June 17, 2011
                661 Posts
                Posted: August 27, 2011, 12:03 am - IP Logged

I doubt that the lottery would bother to divide 250K in 20 years.

NY
                  United States
                  Member #103217
                  December 31, 2010
                  96 Posts
                  Posted: August 27, 2011, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I doubt that the lottery would bother to divide 250K in 20 years.

What about 777 which pays $777,777

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                    Magnolia, Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #18795
                    July 20, 2005
                    789 Posts
                    Posted: August 27, 2011, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

What about 777 which pays $777,777

You have got to be kidding? You even said yourself if the prize is one million or more it's paid in installment over a period of 20 yrs. Now are you that numb in the brain to not think this through? Really, I'm serious! Anything under the one million dollar thrush hold will be paid in a lump sum of course minus the fed tax from it. Get a clue and do some reading on your state guidlines for payouts on it's lotteries that are offered to the public to play!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

NY
                      United States
                      Member #103217
                      December 31, 2010
                      96 Posts
                      Posted: August 27, 2011, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

No need to be that obnoxious. You could always not reply. There is a reason why I'm asking this bud, there is no information on the lottry website, may be written on the ticket but I want to know before I purchase a ticket. Never mind your tiny whiney brain won't get it.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                        The Ville, FL
                        United States
                        Member #95879
                        August 19, 2010
                        1708 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2011, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

No need to be that obnoxious. You could always not reply. There is a reason why I'm asking this bud, there is no information on the lottry website, may be written on the ticket but I want to know before I purchase a ticket. Never mind your tiny whiney brain won't get it.

You are asking an obnoxious question that you are too lazy yourself to google. This isn't the first "tiny whiney brained" question you have asked on here. Expect that kind of response from now on. Especially from me after you acted like a complete d*ck when I tried to legitimately asnwer your question in the other thread.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #103217
                          December 31, 2010
                          96 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2011, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

You are asking an obnoxious question that you are too lazy yourself to google. This isn't the first "tiny whiney brained" question you have asked on here. Expect that kind of response from now on. Especially from me after you acted like a complete d*ck when I tried to legitimately asnwer your question in the other thread.

Mofo, if you can google everything then why you are here? Did you just hear about GOOGLE from someone and without really knowing what it is or what it does, you want to try it on me.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                            The Ville, FL
                            United States
                            Member #95879
                            August 19, 2010
                            1708 Posts
                            Posted: August 28, 2011, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Mofo, if you can google everything then why you are here? Did you just hear about GOOGLE from someone and without really knowing what it is or what it does, you want to try it on me.

Your wish is my command:

Copy/paste this link into your browser:
                            http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+is+jaggudada+such+an+idiot%3F

NY
                              United States
                              Member #103217
                              December 31, 2010
                              96 Posts
                              Posted: August 30, 2011, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Hey duffer,

your thinking is very simpleton like, if the big cat won't pass through small hole then you think how will the small cat pass through big hole? It will.

Here is what lottery told me, that tripple 777 whose top prize is $777,777 even if it is less than a million it is paid in 10 yrs installments. Get it idiot?  If you don't know then don't assume anything. If you know 777,777 is lesss than a million then everyone knows that. What you know everyone knows, there was a reason why I asked that question because I had a doubt.