Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Instant Games Player - Howdy!

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ILdreamer.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ILdreamer's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg

United States
Member #115865
August 30, 2011
11 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2011, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Howdy! I have been playing $5-$10/week in Lotto tickets here in IL for past year or so...mostly Lotto and Mega although I will

buy $5 tickets for Little Lotto if/when it goes over $200K. Recently, I started to play the $2 "$1,000/week for life" scratch-offs

and I do like the instant gratification.  Here's my strategy: I buy 5x tickets.  I used to just buy 1 at a time but the last couple of 

times I have gotten 5 tickets, at least 2 or 3 have been winning tickets.  Here's my dilemma: Both times, I made my $10 back, no more, 

no less.  One ticket had a whole bunch of "winners" but only $1 or $2 prizes...Grrr.  Would you veteran "scratchers" recommend I fold for the day

after I recoup my money (and try again somewhere else/next day) or keep playing til $10 is gone?

Orlando, FL
    United States
    Member #115785
    August 28, 2011
    259 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2011, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I say fold and stay in the same lotto store.

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #109275
      April 9, 2011
      1495 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2011, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

The folding is up to you, but I like to mainly play at one store(next to my job). You get to know them really well and they will steer you away from tickets that just hit big. Many of times I will want bin #1 and they give me the same ticket from a different bin cause someone just hit good. Hard to get that from a machine(which I do play of course).

mt zion illinois
        United States
        Member #110549
        May 6, 2011
        351 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2011, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

1st off welcome to LP.... I have to agree with omiller the folding part is up to you.... I  mainly play at where I work and the gas station I get gas at....

Biggest lottery wins for 2013 $100 1 Time.......

ILdreamer's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg

United States
          Member #115865
          August 30, 2011
          11 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2011, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Thanks cool dude! And yeah, I think I will stick to my one store as it is on my way to work and I seem to be relatively lucky at that store.  Tried my strategy at another gas station and got $2 back on $10 which has never happened to me at my regular spot.  And Lotto players are a superstitious lot by nature wouldn't you agree?