Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

are there big tipped pen for sale to fill bet slips with one stroke?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 5 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #102975
December 29, 2010
25 Posts
Posted: September 1, 2011, 4:34 am - IP Logged

does anyone here know of a pen with big tip to fill bet slips easier with one stroke? it turns out some of the bet slip printing software products are not so perfect. I use Lotto Pro's. I had to make my own adjustments but then again everytime the printer "sucks" the bet slips for printing it gets out of place. Now  I think it's the printer!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3102 Posts
    Posted: September 1, 2011, 5:36 am - IP Logged

does anyone here know of a pen with big tip to fill bet slips easier with one stroke? it turns out some of the bet slip printing software products are not so perfect. I use Lotto Pro's. I had to make my own adjustments but then again everytime the printer "sucks" the bet slips for printing it gets out of place. Now  I think it's the printer!

Stationary store, get some Sharpie Med Point black pen like Permanent Markers (not the dollar store imitations).  Store tip down so the ink is at the working end when you're ready to use it.  I prefer the Fine Point and make two lines one down one up like a closed V, don't have to fill the box, better not to have the ink bleed outside the box, also mark tickets on something you don't mind the ink getting on from the back of the play slip as it bleeds through, though once dry never comes off most things like the plastic front of your computer so be careful.  Never had a complaint about Sharpie marked play slips in Florida. 

BobP

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: September 1, 2011, 5:48 am - IP Logged

Calligraphy pens are great. They have an angle and are flat and come in difference width.

Play to win!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: September 1, 2011, 11:54 am - IP Logged

If using a marker, it makes a difference what state you're in.

If it's Tennessee, make sure you don't have any other playslips below the one you're marking or you'll be marking about 35 slips at a time because the new  playslips are like toilet paper.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: September 1, 2011, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I like a BIC or Sharpie fine point permanent marker but they do bleed though on what ever is below the play slip being marked.  You only have to touch the center of the square lightly as the bleeding will finish filling out the square.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: September 1, 2011, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Is it that hard to mark a number with a regular pen or pencil?...This is to silly...

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: September 1, 2011, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Is it that hard to mark a number with a regular pen or pencil?...This is to silly...

Get with it, old man.

You ain't back in the 19th century using a quill and BEECH-NUT spit no more.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: September 1, 2011, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

tiggs made out a slip in less then a minute with just a regular pen..Amazing...tiggs is the best at that and had no offical training...Just picked up a pen and wallllaaaaa.....

Pure luck

Jack-C's avatar - us
                  San Diego, CA
                  United States
                  Member #61467
                  May 24, 2008
                  28146 Posts
                  Posted: September 1, 2011, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

I like a BIC or Sharpie fine point permanent marker but they do bleed though on what ever is below the play slip being marked.  You only have to touch the center of the square lightly as the bleeding will finish filling out the square.

I Agree! I use a Bic permanent marker.  Works great, just don't have anything of value under the playslip!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: September 2, 2011, 2:23 am - IP Logged

If you post your "predictions" too late for someone to jump in their car and go play it, who are you helping??

Players complain members predict too many combinations to be of any help?  Besides, most predictors couldn't afford to play all of what they post so I assume they're predicting for bragging rights not to help anyone.

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40262 Posts
                      Posted: September 2, 2011, 8:13 am - IP Logged

tiggs made out a slip in less then a minute with just a regular pen..Amazing...tiggs is the best at that and had no offical training...Just picked up a pen and wallllaaaaa.....

I guess we are old school Tiggs, If this becomes an issue, I am most certain the government will form an oversight committee, lobbyist will rear their ugly heads, and we will need to spend surplus money to study, print pamplets, hire helpers, and eventually fill the playslips out for inky challenged players. Its only fair.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19816 Posts
                        Posted: September 2, 2011, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

It's not a matter of being hard but of preference, I like using a marker.  If one was looking for easy, they could just buy a quick pick and skip using a play slip at all.  I don't like even using a pencil to doodle, I prefer a gel ink pen with a 0.7mm point.

Evil Looking       

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                          Member #81314
                          October 16, 2009
                          18966 Posts
                          Posted: September 2, 2011, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Sharpie -Permanent Marker-   Fine Point=one stroke mark.

Good Luck.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Struggle is real!

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                            Clarksville
                            United States
                            Member #487
                            July 15, 2002
                            17638 Posts
                            Posted: September 3, 2011, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Those flat pencils carpenters use are very good also.  They have a wide, flat lead in them.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: September 3, 2011, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

If you post your "predictions" too late for someone to jump in their car and go play it, who are you helping??

Players complain members predict too many combinations to be of any help?  Besides, most predictors couldn't afford to play all of what they post so I assume they're predicting for bragging rights not to help anyone.

Isn't there a cutoff window between prediction posting and the drawing time?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.