Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio or Michigan?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #115803
August 28, 2011
127 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2011, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

I live less than 5 miles from the Michigan/Ohio border - I'm in both states nearly every day, but for the most part I only buy lottery tickets in Ohio.

For those of you who track lottery trends across, if you were in that position, which games would you play from which state, and why?

Most of my lottery money right now is going towards Ohio's Classic Lottery, but after that big jackpot goes I'm open to expanding my horizons.  It would be fairly easy for me to buy tickets in both Michigan or Ohio on a regular basis, so I'm curious to hear if anyone has opinions on which are the best options across both states.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2011, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

I'd stick with Ohio cuz Michigan's P5 and P6 and Keno are all computer.

Ohio's similar games are all real ball drawings except for Ten-Oh.

But if computers don't matter to you then it don't make no never mind no how unless you find more advantageous matrices and odds in one than the other.

But me and computers, I'd like to blow they asses all to hell, dadgum straight.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40420 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2011, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

LoL , I choose Michigan pick 3Lovies

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
        Member #115803
        August 28, 2011
        127 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2011, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

I've never really played the Pick 3 or Pick 4, but I'm thinking that I might give them a shot.  I've been browsing the forums here, and the results some members get sound intriguing.

In the end, I'll be content if I can find a game and a groove where I break even or come out a little ahead over the long run.  (Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't turn down a big jackpot.  Smile  But I'll be content if I get the excitement of playing without losing my shirt.)

I just signed up for a 1-month Platinum membership to sort through all the methods for Pick 3 and Pick 4, but I need to wait 24 hours for it to activate.

You never know...if it looks like it might work out to my benefit, I just might try playing both states.  Its not like I have to go out of my way to buy Michigan tickets.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49699 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2011, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I live less than 5 miles from the Michigan/Ohio border - I'm in both states nearly every day, but for the most part I only buy lottery tickets in Ohio.

For those of you who track lottery trends across, if you were in that position, which games would you play from which state, and why?

Most of my lottery money right now is going towards Ohio's Classic Lottery, but after that big jackpot goes I'm open to expanding my horizons.  It would be fairly easy for me to buy tickets in both Michigan or Ohio on a regular basis, so I'm curious to hear if anyone has opinions on which are the best options across both states.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Play the Games You Can Win! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
            Northern Virginia
            United States
            Member #83350
            December 5, 2009
            1315 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2011, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

I live in Virginia, about 45 minutes from D.C. and about 35 minutes from Maryland. I could easily go to one of those two states to play the lottery.

I generally play where ... yeah. Faultfinder: D.C. IS NOT A STATE! Me: Oh, be quiet! Neither is Boise!

I look for patterns for when the numbers win. Take my birthday (Jan. 4) for example. In Virginia, my birthday (1/04) doesn't come up frequently (only 8 times in about 12,500 drawings, or about once in every 1,550 drawings), but it seems to come up at specific times (on Tuesdays; at first in January or March, but more recently in September or October; and on days where the numbers of the day of the month added together to a single number make 2, so the 2nd, 11th, 20th, or 29th). Since this coming September 20 has all of those charateristics, I have already bought tickets for 104 for that day's drawing, and I shall play 104 again on October 11. 

For D.C., I cannot really discern a pattern for when 104 comes up, but it comes up very frequently compared to other numbers (31 times in approximately 13,500 drawings, or about every 450 drawings). I should consider playing 104 whenever I go into D.C., but I have not done that because I haven't gone into a place where lottery tickets are for sale in DC.

For Maryland, I cannot figure out a clear pattern regarding when 104 comes up, so I'm not likely to play my birthday in Maryland.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2011, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

I live in Virginia, about 45 minutes from D.C. and about 35 minutes from Maryland. I could easily go to one of those two states to play the lottery.

I generally play where ... yeah. Faultfinder: D.C. IS NOT A STATE! Me: Oh, be quiet! Neither is Boise!

I look for patterns for when the numbers win. Take my birthday (Jan. 4) for example. In Virginia, my birthday (1/04) doesn't come up frequently (only 8 times in about 12,500 drawings, or about once in every 1,550 drawings), but it seems to come up at specific times (on Tuesdays; at first in January or March, but more recently in September or October; and on days where the numbers of the day of the month added together to a single number make 2, so the 2nd, 11th, 20th, or 29th). Since this coming September 20 has all of those charateristics, I have already bought tickets for 104 for that day's drawing, and I shall play 104 again on October 11. 

For D.C., I cannot really discern a pattern for when 104 comes up, but it comes up very frequently compared to other numbers (31 times in approximately 13,500 drawings, or about every 450 drawings). I should consider playing 104 whenever I go into D.C., but I have not done that because I haven't gone into a place where lottery tickets are for sale in DC.

For Maryland, I cannot figure out a clear pattern regarding when 104 comes up, so I'm not likely to play my birthday in Maryland.

If I recall correctly, it's DC that takes a huge chunk of your lottery winnings for themselves when you win.

I don't know if it's to pay for their former Mayor's drug rehab or if they're just paying for his crack and hookers outright.

So keep that in mind when considering DC.

--Edmund Burke

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2011, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Marion Barry got tax troubles and he sweats a lot.  This guy is just the tip of the iceberg of what is/was wrong with DC govt..  Not all of it is that bad....... but the politicos guarantee its pathetic record and future performance.  The real magician was Sharon Pratt Kelly she was able to make almost 500 million dollars disappear without a trace.  Nothing to see here wink wink nod nod.

But you gotta hand it to Barry,  he is a tough guy, 75 years old and still banging.  Who knows,  he may make a comeback.

Just think if he didn't have those demons........

White Bounce

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2011, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Marion Barry got tax troubles and he sweats a lot.  This guy is just the tip of the iceberg of what is/was wrong with DC govt..  Not all of it is that bad....... but the politicos guarantee its pathetic record and future performance.  The real magician was Sharon Pratt Kelly she was able to make almost 500 million dollars disappear without a trace.  Nothing to see here wink wink nod nod.

But you gotta hand it to Barry,  he is a tough guy, 75 years old and still banging.  Who knows,  he may make a comeback.

Just think if he didn't have those demons........

White Bounce

Yeah, the mayor is caught on tape smokin' crack with hookers in a hotel room and what do the DC voters do?

Re-elect him, of course!

Democrats have such a good sense of humor.

God love 'em.

--Edmund Burke

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34130 Posts
                    Posted: September 11, 2011, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

I never play the Ohio Classic Lottery the Payout isn't much compare to other Jackpot games.  I like the Mega million and Powerball If I had to chosse it would be Mega or Powerball, which I rarely play because it is so hard to pick six numbers, althought My husband had 4 of them.  I think one day he is going to hit the Jackpot! No We LOL! I am thinking possitive.Big Smile

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7308 Posts
                      Posted: September 11, 2011, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I'd stick with Ohio cuz Michigan's P5 and P6 and Keno are all computer.

Ohio's similar games are all real ball drawings except for Ten-Oh.

But if computers don't matter to you then it don't make no never mind no how unless you find more advantageous matrices and odds in one than the other.

But me and computers, I'd like to blow they asses all to hell, dadgum straight.

"Ohio's similar games are all real ball drawings except for Ten-Oh."

I don't like computer drawings either, but if there is an exception, Ten-Oh is one because even if it was a ball drawing, it would take too much time to show it live. The Kicker on Kentucky's Cash Ball tickets might be another example because we can't choose the numbers and get a RNG number for a RNG drawing.